Slivers are evil, Slivers are sly....

blackshirt5

First Post
Ah, I'm just gonna have to make do for right now with reading up on the Book of the Righteous(which I purchased from the ENWorld Online Store, and it's now my default pantheon).

I'm putting a sliver hive somewhere at the bottom of my huge, l337 dungeon called the Castle of Leeds. I figure that by the time the PCs make it all the way down(and past an ancient chaos dragon), they might be able to take on a sliver hive.

blackshirt5

First Post
OOH!!! I just had a bloody wicked idea, how about a template for a beastie that has been assimilated into the Sliver hive(I'm assuming that the Sliver Queen wouldn't allow a very useful beastie go to waste as simple food for her children), possibly by having a mind-controlling sliver attached to the base of it's neck(or wherever, would vary based on the creature type). Then you could have the red dragon taken down by the slivers and forced into servitude by the queen!

And then maybe the queen might take the powerful red dragon as a mate. After all, why let all that useful power go to waste? Then you'd have half-dragon slivers!

Krishnath

First Post
Well, see the thing is, I am working on a half-sliver template... Also I would like to point out that slivers reproduce in a matter similar to cloning, in fact all slivers (save the metallic and undead variaties) have the same genetic code as a sliver queen, but only certain parts of their genetic code is active, this is also how slivers 'share' their abilities, certain slivers simply trigger certain genetic traits by their mere precense. Also, as was noted in my other sliver thread: All slivers are female....

Half-dragon slivers are not an impossibility, but all slivers born of a half-dragon sliver queen, will be half-dragons of the same type themselves... :D

Krishnath

First Post
On to the next sliver, a shapeshifter!

Say hello to the ultimate sliver spy: the mistform... :D

Comments are appreciated.

-

Sliver, Mistform
Medium-Size Outsider (Shapechanger, Sliver)
Hit Dice:
2d8+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +3 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 natural)
Attacks: Claw +3 melee and bite -2 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+1, bite 1d6
Face/Reach: 5' by 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Sliver, Alternate Form, Shared Abilities.
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +5
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 12
Skills: Bluff +3, Climb +11 (+8), Disguise +3, Jump +3, Listen +6 (+2), Spot +6 (+2), Swim +3
Feats: Alertness

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 3-6 HD (Medium-Size)

'I managed to combine a sliver with the shapeshifting powers of a doppleganger today. And I must say that the results are astounding. Not only can the sliver alter it's form to any type of creature it has seen, but it has also grown in intellect. The subject tried to escape a little while ago, but despite having changed shape to resemble my minions, I was quickly able to look through the deception. I am sure my patron will be pleased with the results.' - Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

Mistform Slivers are slivers with shapeshifting powers, allowing them to alter their shape to that of any creature they have encountered, although their size does not change.
A mistform sliver is a roughly 5'9'' long sliver of a very pale pink color. When the sliver changes form, small wisps of mist excape from it's body.
Mistform Slivers are usually used as spies or recognizance troops by the sliver hives.

Combat:
Misform Slivers are one of the least agressive of all slivers, but will still fight to the best of their abilities if ordered to do so. Often using their shapeshifting ability to get the upper hand.
Alternate Form (Su): A mistform sliver is able to take the shape of any creature type it has met, although it's size does not change. It gains access to all the extraordinary abilities of the creature it mimics, but loses said abilities when it returns to it's original shape or changes to another form. Changing form is a standard action and the sliver can remain in the chosen form for as long as it likes.
Shared Abilities (Ex): All slivers withing 60' of the mistform sliver gains access to it's alternate form ability as though they possessed it themselves. But if the sliver leaves the affected area in an alternate form, it automatically reverts to it's original form.

-

Please, tell me what you think.

Later,

Remove ads