• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smart's Shackled City

Smart

First Post
As Rylic is ambushed, Adaliz squeezes through the doorway and dodges past the creature on Rylic's right, running it through in the process. The man-sized creature shudders as it slides to the ground. Gilthanus has a hard time sighting in on the creatures, and loses an arrow in the process. Tancred manages to move into the room and scratch the creature on Rylic's left, and Rylic's mace finishes the job.

As the violence of battle fades, the adventurers examine their defeated opponents. Each of the figures held a long, slim blade. The creatures resemble the grey-skinned foe the adventurers defeated in Keygan's shop, save they have no clothing on - but their skin seems to fade to the color of their surroundings. One of the creatures is still breathing. Rylic moves forward to examine the dimly lit rod on the floor - it is a sunrod, a magical device that he is more than familiar with. There is no way to tell how long the light will last.

Comparing their map to the room, the adventurers have no problem finding where they are, but the rough-hewn tunnels on the south and east of this room are new - perhaps they have been dug by these creatures or their allies, and lead to other rooms on the map?

Sorry about the length of time between updates... first I was waiting on Rylic and then life got a bit busy around here. Continue the adventure!

Smart

First Post
Well, it looks as though half of the current players of the game are not interested in continuing it, at least in this format. This may mean the end of this particular thread. I will consult with the remaining players and either continue or ask the thread to be closed. I, however, am still interested in running a game of some kind via PbP. All will be decided in good time, and I will either continue the thread from here or ask that it be closed. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Smart

Smart

First Post
Unfortunately, it has been decided by the original players of this game and myself that this thread will not continue and may now be closed and probably deleted. Moderator, please do so at your convenience.

Thanks to any who were loyal readers. Especially now that I am back at work, I would like to either DM or be involved in other PbPs run by Enworld regulars. This game, however, is done. I look forward to other adventures here on Enworld. My best to everybody. Take care.

Smart

Remove ads