• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smashed World, Part II

Dalamar

Adventurer
That's three out of four. It shall be done.

The night passes uneventfully, one of you keeping guard at the door to Chendra's holding cell while the others sleep at the guards' chambers.

The next day, sometime before midday, you are finally allowed to see the mayor. The room you are lead to is one you've not been to before and looks like the mayor's office. While the mayor himself is up and moving, he still seems very drowsy.
"I hear from my guards that they've found nothing, I hope you have better news."

Jarval

Explorer
"We have news. Your daughter is safe, unharmed, and under this roof." Lorcan starts, hoping that this good news will lighten the mayor's mood. "However, Lady Chendra wishes to speak with you as soon as is convenient. Should I show her in?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
"By all means! But if she indeed is under this roof, how come my guards haven't been notified so they could keep her safe?"

Zhure

First Post
Durban

"I believe your guards are aware of her presence, or at least should be. I'm sure Chendra will be happy to fill in all the details," Durban says reassuringly.

Jarval

Explorer
"I'll show her in." Lorcan quickly leaves the room, jogging down to the cell.

"Chendra? Your father will see you now. Do you want myself and my friends present while you speak with him, or do you want your discussion to be private?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I'd rather you leave us in private. I wouldn't wish to undermine his authority by opposing him while there are others present."
Chendra is still wearing her 'thief garb', but the mask is hanging by her sash. She takes a deep breath to calm herself before entering her father's office.
It feels somehow wrong, whe she simply says "Hello Father" upon entering. And it is also quite eerie when they both say almost simultaneously "will you please excuse us".

Jarval

Explorer
"Gladly. Come on fellows, let us give these good people their privacy." Stepping back out of the Mayor's office, Lorcan takes a seat in the corridor outside, awaiting Chendra and her father's decision.

Zack2216

First Post
Once outside of the room "It almost sounds like both parties are used to this occurance..." I say to the others once the door is closed.

"Yes, I got the same picture as you did. This probably has happened before, and that means the answer is most likely no."

OOC: Sorry for not posting for a while. I was on my Cristmas vacation.

Remove ads