• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smashed World, Part II

Zhure

First Post
Durban

"Agreed," Durban says in the hall with the others. "I suspect father and daughter have played similar games many times in the past."

Jarval

Explorer
"If they have, then good. Makes it look entirely like Chendra's idea, and not our responsibility." Lorcan seems pleased with this.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
While you can't make out the words through the door, you can clearly make out the angry tone of the mayor and the pleading tone of Chendra as they are engaged in a conversation.
They continue for several minutes untill you can no longer hear them. A few more minutes go by before you hear the mayor calls for you. Judging by his tone, you can't tell which one of them had to yield.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"Might be worth being ready to make a speedy exit..." Apprehensively, Lorcan approaches the door. Stepping in, he cautiously meets the Mayor's gaze.

"Yes, your Honour?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
When you enter the room, you find the mayor and her daughter standing near the back wall of the room. They are both facing to the door, Chendra standing a few steps behind her father. When all of you are in and the door closed, the mayor speaks.
"I have understood that you have offered to take my daughter with you on your travels, is that correct?"

Jarval

Explorer
"We did indeed make such an offer, my lord, but only with her best interests in mind." Lorcan says quickly.

"If she is as intent on leaving the city as she seems to be, we felt it better for her to be in the company of people you could trust to keep her safe. We offered her no encouragement in the matter, as we thought such a momentous decision on her future best made unbiased and was purely between yourself and Lady Chendra."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Hrmph..." is what comes out of the mayor. He looks the four of you from tip to toe, as if he had just seen you for the first time.
"I guess you have a point." He lets out a sigh. "And that's why I've decided to agree."
Chendra's eyes suddenly light up. Apparently the mayor hadn't told her what his decision was. She wraps her hands around her father and starts repeating "thankyouthankyou" all over again.

Remove ads