• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smashed World, Part II

Jarval

Explorer
"Thank you, my lord." Lorcan bows to the Mayor, and quickly makes his way out of the room.

Once outside, Lorcan leans back against the wall, a look of shock on his face.

"Never, ever trust the parents to be sane. Gods, I didn't expect the Mayor to let her go." He shakes his head, then glances at his companions. "Don't worry lads, I'll take responsibility for her. I think it's my fault we're landed with her, so it's only fair."

Oh, so easily are your fine words of freedom and charity abandoned. Pull yourself together man, and take on this challenge. Shaking his head once again, Lorcan follows Durban back to the tavern, settling himself in front of the inn's fireplace, and ordering a bottle of wine.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Durban

"I'll take equal blame, Lorcan," Durban says. "T'was my idea in the first place and it still seemed the most equitable plan that allowed us to keep our word. I suppose it just means our protection of Chendra will last awhile longer than we expected."

Horros grumbles at Haplos words.

"Well I'll make it just clear once more. I'm not watching out for her anymore than necessary. If she can't take care of herself that's YOUR problem."

Dalamar

Adventurer
The group leaves the mayor's household and heads back to the Coin's Edge, Haplo entering the staples while the rest go straight inside.

Haplo
As you enter the staples, you notice that new horses have come in. Most of them look like they have been breeded especially for warfare.
Tserof is happy when he sees you, scampering over to greet you. He expresses that he doesn't excactly enjoy the small space reserved for him, but is otherwise fine.

The rest of the group
As you enter the inn, something seems out of place. It takes a moment for you to notice that the noise level is consideraply lower than it was the last time you were here. But besides that, everything seems as it was; people drinking their drinks, others enjoying a warm meal.

Lorcan
Just as you are heading your way to take a seat near the fireplace, you notice that a quite large group is currently occupying almost all the seats there. The group seems to be discussing something that they don't want others to hear since they are talking with hushed tones.

Zhure

First Post
Durban

Durban, unused to taverns, pays no attention to the change in atmosphere of the bar and tries to find a warm place by the fire.

Jarval

Explorer
Lorcan makes an annoyed sound at all the best seats having been taken, and takes a look at the group surrounding the fire. If any of the inn's staff are close at hand, he'll order a glass of brandy.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Haplo
Your companion is a bit dismayed at you leaving it so soon, but doesn't object.
As you walk through the front door of the Coin's Edge, you come to a common room that doesn't have too many free seats. You see that your friends are just settling in on a table some distance from the fireplace. Apparently those are the closest seats available as things stand.

Others
You find a table not too far from the fireplace, but not exactly as close as you'd like. Lorcan gives his order to a maid who is heading to the kitchen with half a dozen empty mugs in her hands.

Zhure

First Post
Durban

Durban pulls his feet up and sits oddly in one of the chairs. "This whole town thing isn't nearly as intimidating as I originally thought it would be, but there sure are a lot of people.

"Does anyone have a plan on where we're going next?"

Remove ads