• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smashed World, Part II

Horros twitches from surprise, and looks at the mayor and his daughter for a moment completely speechless...

"Um, Sir have you given this decision a really careful thought."

Jarval

Explorer
Ah... Didn't expect the old man to say that... Lorcan tries to gather his now scattered thoughts.

"Um, yes... Right... We'll keep a good watch on her for you, my lord." He says slowly. "Is there anything else?"

Dalamar

Adventurer
"For the most part, yes."
The mayor pauses for a moment, apparently pondering something. Chendra has stopped repeating 'thankyou', but is still holding her arms around him.
"I take it you are staying at an inn? You can tell the owner that I'll be taking care of your pays for your stay.
When do you think you'll be continuing your travels, and where are you bound?"

Zhure

First Post
Durban

"Our exact goals aren't really clear to us. Xan Yae is sending us on a holy mission - we're hoping for additional visions at some point. Until then, we are merely ... wandering ... for lack of a better term. When something important shows up, we try to tackle it."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Hrmph... I see... When do you think you will be ready to move forward from this beautiful city of ours? Not that I wish to rush you, but so I can have the necessary equipment together for Chendra."
Speaking her name, the mayor turns to Chendra.
"And you, young miss, are to take a bath immediately. There will be plenty of time for you to go unwashed."
Chendra curtseys first to her father, then to the rest of you and hurries out of the room.

Zack2216

First Post
"Hmmm. I believe that our original intention was to leave after we had rested and resupplied." Looking to the other party members, "So, when sounds like a good time to leave. I believe 3 days at the most is all we'll need, if not less."

Zhure

First Post
Durban

"Mister Mayor, I'm surprised at your response, but am prepared to see it through. I can only recommend Miss Chendra be given plenty of easily transportable foodstuff and light weapons with which she is familiar, as well as sturdy clothing.

"I'll return to my room and meditate, hoping for a sign from Xan Yae as how to proceed and where we're going exactly." Durban bows and when given leave will return to his room as he promised.

Dalamar

Adventurer
The mayor smiles at Durban's comment.
"I'm going to let you in on a little secret. You see, while I like the lad that Chendra was to be wedded with, I'm not on equally good terms with his parents. And I'm going to enjoy for weeks the expression they'll have when I tell them that Chendra has run away."
He chuckles, apparently quite able to imagine their expressions already.
"You may go now, if I have need of you before three days have passed, I'll send somebody for you."

Remove ads