• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So after reading the classes in full what do people think?

drjones

Explorer
ProfessorCirno said:
The fact that neither clerics nor paladins are mechanically different from one another regarding alignment or deity (And, for that matter, that a paladin can never fall) makes me wince.

Which is better then the ranger, which makes me projectile vomit.
Every deities grants different powers to their clerics. If that is not a mechanical difference I dunno what is.

hong said:
Big sword, but no light armour. :(
Jedi Armour is rare, but not exactly unheard of.
[sblock]
gould_cloneobi2.jpg

Imperial_Knight.JPG

DVader.jpeg

JediArmour.jpg

[/sblock]
(I fully expect this to devolve into some sort of Star Wars canon/fanon debate.)

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
drjones said:
Every deities grants different powers to their clerics. If that is not a mechanical difference I dunno what is.

Where does it say that? PM me since it's probably best not to say such over this forum.

Also, the epic destinies amuse me. Demigod = cubical slave for the gods. The Eternal Wanderer enjoys a cool beer as the demigod walks by with some folders that need photocopying.

Ten

First Post
It is going to take me a LOT of time and effort to get used to the new wizard. Despite being very pro-4e...I wasn't quite ready for the MASSIVE paradigm shift. I do, however, recognize that it is my own shortsightedness. I DO want to see a Wizard in play now.

thewok

First Post
ProfessorCirno said:
The fact that neither clerics nor paladins are mechanically different from one another regarding alignment or deity (And, for that matter, that a paladin can never fall) makes me wince.
By the raw, perhaps. But in my campaign, if a cleric or paladin fails to live up to the ideals espoused by his or her patron deity, any prayers they have will be made unusable until atonement is made.

As far as paladins teleporting? See the Knight's Move spell in the Spell Compendium.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned
Mourn said:
Feats aren't game mechanics. Gotcha.

No, they're not flat and present mechanics. They're add-ons.

Add-Blocker is a part of Firefox, but Firefox doesn't come standard with Add-Blocker (I think, unless they changed that). Clerics can choose feats to define their deity powers, but they don't come WITH them.

Remove ads