So Draconomicon looks awesome. Should WotC put out more books on other monsters

Hi all! :)

What about a book about books. They could call it the Nominomicon. It would be about all the different wizard spell books (based on an idea from a previous Dragon magazine article, which had Iggwilv's; Vecna's and Asherak's spell books). Though if WotC did they they would probably call it the Book of Infinite Spells.

Aren't Green Ronin coming out witha 'Fiendonomicon' type book which combines Legions of Hell; Armies of the Abyss and adds the Neutral Evil Daemons.

Olive

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Aren't Green Ronin coming out witha 'Fiendonomicon' type book which combines Legions of Hell; Armies of the Abyss and adds the Neutral Evil Daemons.

Yes, but that doesn't stop WotC from doing it. I'd be surprised if they did tho, given the BoVD and the Fiend Folio.

I'd probably buy a giantonomicon, but and probably a fey book, but almost certainly not a undead book.

Davelozzi

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
I'd buy a Fiendonomicon

Yeah, I'd love to see a nicely done book with all the fiends gathered together in one place (I hate the way they're so spread out all over the place). That's what the Fiend Folio would've been if I'd had my way. Oh well.

And, yes, I am looking forward to Green Ronin's Book of Fiends.

Last edited:

Dark Psion

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
What I wouldn't give for an Illithid book....

Check out Unveiled Masters from Paragium Concepts. It does a great job on covering the Illithid, including Arcane and Psionic versions, and updates some of the Illithiad concepts to 3e.

I doubt I would buy a big Hardcover book on say, Giants, but some smaller books like the Old Monsterous Arcana series (I, Tyrant, The Sea Devils, The Illithiad, & Thri-Kreen of Athas) would be great for Giants, Yuan-Ti, etc would be great and my VanRichten Guides are some of my most worn out books.

I would however buy a big book of the Undead, (the Necronomicon?), Lycanthropes (Covering ALL the genotypes! There are several in an old FR book Hall of Heroes that have never been seen since), and Constructs (Bring back the Clockwork Mage).

johnnype

First Post
I'd be all over a Githyanki/Githzerai/Mind Flayer book although I doubt we'll ever see it.

Undead might be nice, especially if it includes a core Necromancer class.

Giants would bore me to tears. I find them about as exiting as your average orc. SNORE!!

JeffB

Legend
Updated Van Richten's guides would be awesome (especially the "compendiums" done in the late 2E era combininga few types in one book), those are some of the best monster books ever (along with the Dragonlance Saga Bestiary)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
An illithid/gith book would probably be good.

A Fey book would rock, and give them a LOAD of great artwork to run with.

A Giant book might be good...though it's a bit iffy...there may be a lot of giants, but they all tend to fit a broadly similar category of "big crap that thunks on PC's at various CR's"

Beholders may be too narrow of a focus, though they don't have to be...there's exactly ONE core beholder, so the book would have to run with the variants to the XTREME MAXXX!

Constructs might not have enough variety...but it could be great...once built and programmed, there's not a lot you can do with 'em...

Undead....hrm....probably would work....there's enough of them.

I'd *HEART* an Underwater Adventures book....I think there's been something like this in the brooding stages for a long time (so many aquatic versions of monsters!)...but I haven't seen it yet...

Remove ads