• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So I wanna tie someone up ...

Xendria

First Post
I know this was a pretty useless skill in 3.5 but I cannot seem to find if PF merged it with another skill or not. If it was can someone point me to it, if not anyone have any ideas?

pawsplay

Hero
I know this was a pretty useless skill in 3.5 but I cannot seem to find if PF merged it with another skill or not. If it was can someone point me to it, if not anyone have any ideas?

Look under Escape Artist. The DC is based on the binder's Combat Maneuver Bonus.

sjmiller

Explorer
My gaming group has found some very creative uses for the Use Rope skill in the past. So much so that I have decided that when/if we switch to Pathfinder I am going to add it to the skill list. One of their favorite tricks was to do a classic stunt from old westerns. There would be a chasm they needed to cross and they would use the rope to lasso a security point for the rope and then swing across. I found this a perfect use for Use Rope.

pawsplay

Hero
My gaming group has found some very creative uses for the Use Rope skill in the past. So much so that I have decided that when/if we switch to Pathfinder I am going to add it to the skill list. One of their favorite tricks was to do a classic stunt from old westerns. There would be a chasm they needed to cross and they would use the rope to lasso a security point for the rope and then swing across. I found this a perfect use for Use Rope.

Acrobatics, with tools. :)

BryonD

Hero
I was thinking: Survival, with tools.

But, really, if putting Use Rope back in works best for his game, then he is right and we are wrong. :)

sjmiller

Explorer
Acrobatics, with tools. :)
Would you include the lassoing of the anchor point as Acrobatics as well? I personally do not see it that way, but I guess if you stretched it enough you could.

Personally, I just never saw it as a bad skill. Maybe it is because I have a lot of creative players who like finding unusual ways of using skills. I don't know. Why did people think it was a bad skill, or one that needed elimination?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads