• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So...this is the new Ettercap?:(

NarlethDrider

First Post
After looking at some scans of the poster of the DoD minis, this is apparently the new ettercap [sblock]
20071005_drddfull1.jpg
[/sblock]

not sure I like it---I'll at least have to add another set of limbs to it---my "houserule" all spiderkin have to have at least 8 limbs :D

Last edited by a moderator:

*shrug*

I have no problem with it. It's different from the old ones, and it's not the coolest design ever, but it's still a pretty solid "vaguely humanoid spider critter," and that's all that really matters, IMO.

Sammael

Adventurer
Incidentally, if you look at the poster, you'll see several creature appearance changes:

Ogre
Ettercap
Sphinx
Dryad (BLECH)
Harpy

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Sammael said:
Unfortunately, yes.

Here are the poster scans, courtesy of AesophDarkfable and ktatroe of Hordelings.

Looking at those, some immediate observations:

Macetail Behemoth? Surely that is just an Ankylosaurus!

Blackwoods Dryad - doesn't look *nearly* as attractive as a standard dryad :)

Visejaw crocodile? Distinct from a normal crocodile in what way? red scales?

DandD

First Post
A Manticore Sniper? Oh well, at least that thing doesn't look like that horrible freak from the 3rd edition Monster Manual. :D

Zaukrie

New Publisher
To me, the painful part is the male Harpy. That kind of defeats the whole concept, and use of the word Harpy as their name, doesn't it?

The Little Raven

First Post
Zaukrie said:
To me, the painful part is the male Harpy. That kind of defeats the whole concept, and use of the word Harpy as their name, doesn't it?

Are you sure it's a male? I can see them simply not wanting to make the breasts incredibly obvious on a miniature.

Remove ads