D&D 5E So...Volo, Xanathar...who's next?

IchneumonWasp

Explorer
Then you should check out Ed Greenwood Presents: Elminster's Forgotten Realms.
It was put out a little bit before 5e became a thing and created by Ed Greenwood himself (I think in response to what they did to his world in 4e). Is is 100% fluff, no rules at all. It is filled with exactly the thing you are looking for.

I'd like to second that. It really is a great book. I read into it every time I need inspiration for a game, even a non-FR game. Greenwood really manages to make the day-to-day life in a fantasy world come to life.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Well, Xanathar is a terrible, awful fantasy name. Maybe we'll see his brother Xanthan gum.

The only way it could be worse is to add some apostrophe'''''''s.

Xan'thar and his more evil twin brother Xan'than, the mighty gum chewer.

D'Gatham's Guide to Cormyr is obviously next then, to fill our strategic apostrophe gap.

Hussar

Legend
If we're just going with wish lists (and I think I might have posted in this thread before maybe, I'd love to see one of the two:

1. A book that broadens the D&D experience from it's Murder Hobo baseline. Something like what we saw in the 3e PHB2 with the organizations and whatnot. How to gamify building an organization and then run said organization. Whether that organization be a guild (of artisans, thieves or wizards or whatever), a kingdom/empire or whatever. Something that can make these more than accounting exercises.

2. Just for the weirdness, I want a Spelljammer book.

Remove ads