So what do demons do all day

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Ripzerai
Who keeps the balor in check?

Himself, of course. ;)

I wonder how long it would take for the Demons to tire of doing the exact same thing to each other over and over again.

You should also have some more unique Demons, strange Demons the other avoid, like the one who enjoys playing chess by himself [none of the others are willing to play] to avoid too much repitition. Why is a Demon playing? Who knows, they're chaotic. ;)

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Maybe they play full contact chess? Well its not like they'd hurt each other for long anyways. For a touch of the slightly bizarre, the head honcho has 32 of his underlings as the pieces.

What about they get a case of cabin fever and believe themselves to be other things like:

a demon acting like Jerry Springer (or worse Morton Downey Jr or other suitably annoying talk show host) forcing his co captives to be his "guests" or audience members. Imagine the fun if a hated enemy ends up as guests finding themselves in some sort of love triangle with succubi / eryines / dretches / whatever.

a version of Blind Date / EX-treme Dating / 5th Wheel

a -really- warped version of the Mad Hatter's tea party or even the caucus race from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

Iron Torturer - higher ranking demons compete to see who can torture dretches / larva the best (Iron Chef naturally) with a rival "show" where a cornugon likes to crank it up a notch BAM!

A game show such as Wheel of Torture, Win, Lose or Burn, The Price is Your Soul or Jeopardy :heh:

Everyone just sitting around playing Pong yet linked up a la X-Box Live. Well I'd consider that pretty bad.

Last edited:

Jupp

Explorer
I think they sit in their basements and write plots for new soap operas, telenovellas and reality shows to torture humanity. I mean, someone HAS to write that crap :mad:

The Edge

First Post
I like the chess idea, but of course he doesn’t know the rules and cheats (despite playing with him self). Perhaps it has a split personality.

Demon “Hey you can’t move that there!”
Demon “Yes I can, you did last game!”
Demon “What! Are you accusing me of cheating you! Arrgghh! You over there! Yes you mortal dog! Tell me, is this move is correct?”
Demon “Well!?!”
Mortal “Erm, yes it is / erm, no its not”
Demon “You lying wretch! You won’t be telling me how to play chess anymore!”
*Turns into bizarre fight where demon is attacking both the PCs and himself.*

Of course you know devils would work with this idea a lot better right? I presume demons are setting/plot/some-reason important?

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Ever read the Dragonlance book Lord Toade? The two abashai in it do what I envision demons and devils doing all day. I'd go into more detail, but I really need to read the book again.

JediSoth

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
7-8 AM: Climb from the bed, take a shower, and have some coffee. Then the ride into work.
8-9 AM: Status reports and turnover reports on the nights activities, problems and accomplishments.
9-11 AM: Staff meeting with peers and report to boss - how were those status reports?
11-12 Noon: Meetings with demons from other planes and companies.
12-1 PM: Lunch - swallow your soul!
1-2 PM: Planning meetings/Directional meetings
2-4 PM: Employee reviews/Audits/Torture
4-5 PM: Clean up - pass on instrutions to 2nd shift
5-9 PM: Out to the demon clubs/gyms/dinner, pick up some succubus (or three) and head home
9-12 Midnight: entertain the succubus (or three)

Repeat

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Hand of Evil said:
7-8 AM: Climb from the bed, take a shower, and have some coffee. Then the ride into work.
8-9 AM: Status reports and turnover reports on the nights activities, problems and accomplishments.
9-11 AM: Staff meeting with peers and report to boss - how were those status reports?
11-12 Noon: Meetings with demons from other planes and companies.
12-1 PM: Lunch - swallow your soul!
1-2 PM: Planning meetings/Directional meetings
2-4 PM: Employee reviews/Audits/Torture
4-5 PM: Clean up - pass on instrutions to 2nd shift
5-9 PM: Out to the demon clubs/gyms/dinner, pick up some succubus (or three) and head home
9-12 Midnight: entertain the succubus (or three)

Repeat

What's scary is how closely this mirrors an actual day on the job where I work. :\

Disappointing lack of succubus foursomes, though. :\

Time for more abyssal coffee. Yeesh.

Warrior Poet

Remove ads