So what do demons do all day

Jupp

Explorer
Warrior Poet said:
What's scary is how closely this mirrors an actual day on the job where I work. :\

Disappointing lack of succubus foursomes, though. :\

Time for more abyssal coffee. Yeesh.

Warrior Poet

What scares me a bit is that you left the lunch time thing in the list :uhoh:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Warrior Poet said:
What's scary is how closely this mirrors an actual day on the job where I work. :\

Disappointing lack of succubus foursomes, though. :\

Time for more abyssal coffee. Yeesh.

Warrior Poet
Well, if you are a demon of some position/fame, you can requisition some cultist/damned souls/underlings for the evening. ;)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
diaglo said:
see Dante's Inferno.
Bazzel-Bob to Aabyssal-Joe; I have to get a better job, all I do is whip these damn souls all day, what kind of job is that! It is a rut and dead end job and any freaking imp could do it! There is also no reward, all I ever get from the boss is a lashing myself. To top that off I here they are automating the 99th level to do away with whippers, replacing them with undead whippers. I got to get into management or special projects, at least they get to use hot irons on the damned souls!

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Hand of Evil said:
Well, if you are a demon of some position/fame, you can requisition some cultist/damned souls/underlings for the evening. ;)
Ah, this explains it. I'm just not important enough in the company to warrant, uh, "requisitions."

Jupp said:
What scares me a bit is that you left the lunch time thing in the list
What, eating sole? It's nice fish especially when lightly breaded. ;)

Warrior Poet

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
7-8 AM: Climb from the bed, take a shower, and have some coffee. Then the ride into work.
8-9 AM: Status reports and turnover reports on the nights activities, problems and accomplishments.
9-11 AM: Staff meeting with peers and report to boss - how were those status reports?
11-12 Noon: Meetings with demons from other planes and companies.
12-1 PM: Lunch - swallow your soul!
1-2 PM: Planning meetings/Directional meetings
2-4 PM: Employee reviews/Audits/Torture
4-5 PM: Clean up - pass on instrutions to 2nd shift
5-9 PM: Out to the demon clubs/gyms/dinner, pick up some succubus (or three) and head home
9-12 Midnight: entertain the succubus (or three)

Repeat

So what theme song plays in the background - "Takin' Care of Business" or "Workin' in a Coal Mine" ?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'm thinking some of them design "broken" cards and pieces for collectible games...you know, the ones that get banned from play right before the first tournament?

The really crafty ones design "broken" units and then ensure that its the non-broken core units are the ones that get banned after a particular egregious combo involving the non-broken units and the broken units shows up.

And, for the record, the song playing in the background is a badly scratched techno-remix maxi-single of Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" that keeps skipping and sticking...on infinite repeat.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Nuclear Platypus
Maybe they play full contact chess? Well its not like they'd hurt each other for long anyways. For a touch of the slightly bizarre, the head honcho has 32 of his underlings as the pieces.

I read a book about "mind vampires" where a couple of them liked to play chess using their mind control on their victims and whenever a piece took another, they killed the fallen piece and a couple of people hurried in to clean the body. I could see something like that except instead of mind control, they simply used "I'm more powerful than you so you do what I say or you die" instead.

Last edited:

Remove ads