[solo][pf]The Evil Eye

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Writers block and a little busy anything you can throw my way to help.

Where does the adventure start, a city, a temple, etc. So I can think of a reason to be there.

What do you want for background to help fill in holes in the adventure (normally RP holes). Like family and friends about or will this not matter.

Didn't even think of the age. I guess I could go back to say 32. I wish him to be a little older and wiser just not lose the stats have them right where I want them.

I am off work till 4:30pm tomorrow so will be around and then a busy weekend. I will have the background done enough to start SUN night so we are ready to start.

HM

kinem

Adventurer
When the adventure starts, you have been travelling alone and come upon the small town of Granville.

If you want you can use the Forgotten Realms setting. You could be one of the Harpers - a large good-aligned organization of adventurers, headed by the famous wizard Elminster, who travel under the guise of minstrels. In that case, let's say that you had heard reports of an ogre attacking travellers in a sparsely populated region and went to investigate it; having slain the ogre, you took a different route for variety.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Background] Jiles life has been one long road leading from what seemed one mishap to the next. If he wasn't running from Thay operatives trying to put another notion in their scarab, he was talking his way out of joining the Moonstars.

"Ah how long since the Year of the Unstrung harp?"
he asks himself. A lot longer than he cared to remember and more years adding to the little gray starting to show in his hair.

The first roads led him from Cormyr to the Dalelands. He was what? Sixteen or seventeen that year when he ended up with a small group of misfits like himself and stopped a con artist and his goblin henchmen from running a protection scam on... "What was the name of that little villiage? Scaverdon? Scarsden? I'm not sure but it was just a day east of Tilverton on the road to Ashabenford."

Jiles shrugs he could find the place easy enough and new most of what he needed of the small hamlet, just not the name. "Almost the same as Granville there. Ha!" he laughs smiling. "They are all the same the world over."

Granville was just another end of another road. This one though had a nasty ogre at the end of it. Jiles had used all his skills the day before to best the beast. The first time he had faced ogres he wasn't alone and his skills were not so sharp. "It was outside Harrowdale and poor Trig, he didn't make it through that battle. First time fighting ogres and the first time I had a companion die before my eyes." He frowns and before anymore melancholy thoughts form he says to himself. "And it wasn't the last time for either, push on you lazy old man."

Harrowdale. Memories of that place always made Jiles smile. The Council of Burghers had sent Jiles and his friends on a mission deep into the Pirate Isles. It was months of travel by boat, and then island hopping from secret cove to secret cove till they found a nasty den of thieves that were disrupting traffic up to the MoonSea. "That ended good, least nobody died."

What happen after that? Jiles tries to sort his thoughts. "I lost a few years running errands for a bunch of idiots. That's what happened." True for three years Jiles and his friends ventured all over for the people of Harrowdale. They seemed to need all kinds of help with this plight or that. "But had you not then you wouldn't be where you are today." he berates himself. "Had you not been a help then the Harpers they would have never took notice."

And they had noticed Jiles and one day they approached him with an offer. Join them and help do some good on a grander scale or continue to run errands for the Council. He readily accepted and his first assignment was a duosy to be sure. Travel to Mount Thay, make sure they don't unleash a dark demon, and see if he could steal the scrolls they were using for the ritual, so they can never try it again.

"Now that I remember in full, and like it was yesterday." Jiles says hefting his pack and continuing down the hill towards Granville. "It was winter and a fresh coat of snow covered the ground. Dorn was sitting with his feet up near the fire, and I was...." (to long maybe I'll tell it a little at a time).[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thought we had an OOC somewhere.

Don't want to fill the IC with a bunch of technical stuff and questions.

Ok first off the pictures are they from the module??? That could have been Jiles in the pic with the ghost, LOL. Second if you would put stuff from the module in quotes (like the stuff they tell you to read out loud to players) it would help greatly.

I would know what to focus on a little more importantly by knowing what came from the adventure and not had to be made on the spot because I did something backwards and new stuff needed inserted.

Ok current dilemma Jiles is pretty smart but if the ghost can sense the baby it doesn't matter where he runs to. So really the only thing I can think to do is run till he knows he has time some time to "get ready" for a fight.

Haste lasts 8 rounds. And I would say it was what three before he bolted. So given that he will be 1,200' away (terrain pending) by the time it wears off. That is a x4 run for 5 rounds. I think that might be far enough away to get ready and then set himself for the upcoming fight. Ghost can't run and at a double move it will be what several minutes till she shows up.

Now I figure this is an adventure based on having a group and them not being able to take on the ghost so they flee. I will try and do what I believe is expected of the group that would be playing. You can guide me along when I screw up majorly.

So for now unless you say otherwise I would say Jiles will run then after the spell wears off he will stop don his armor, then wait and watch. Hopefully I'll catch her with a good Perception check before she can close in. Giving me time to chat and cast spells. ;)

HM

kinem

Adventurer
Quite right about OOC; I must have missed this earlier.

Yes, the pictures are from the module.

Will I indicate what elements come from the module versus what I had to make up or borrow from other sources? Most certainly not. Of course it would be helpful for your 'success' to metagame in that way, just as it would be helpful for you to peek at the module and read up on the enemies' exact weaknesses. But it would defeat the purpose of playing the game, wouldn't it?

Besides, there's really no "should" in D&D - completing the module would be cool but a D&D game goes where it goes. And this module has no shortage of possible side quests that are left to the DM to flesh out.

As to the current situation: I may have missed some obscure rule that says ghosts can't run, but I doubt it. It's true that some monsters can't run, but that is noted in their stat blocks (e.g. the 3.5 ed zombie stats). There's no general rule that undead (or constructs for that matter) can't run.

I can't tell you what would be expected to happen, but I will say that whatever does happen here is unlikely to derail the module.

Jiles doesn't have time to put down (not drop, I assume!) the baby, take off his current armor (if wearing it), take out his chain shirt, and don it (even hastily). He might not realize that, so you could try, but she might catch you in an awkward position :)

If you do run, visibility is limited, so you won't see each other at some point.

You notice that now you do hear footsteps from the ghost chasing you, confirming that she became substantial before you snatched the baby away.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I was referring to the rule for running not undead.

PG 171:

(This assuming we are using local scale for distances and not tactical do to the haste spell.)

A character can run for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution score on a local scale without needing rest.

Undead have CON -- So I figure that means no running. But if Jiles hears footsteps when he stops than I will play it out from that.

Oh and the know what's from the module wasn't to meta game it was to keep on track, but if you say there is no way to derail the game I'll take your word for it.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Updated post...

Was wondering if to speed things along (and help with my posting) if you would think of adding HP and AC of the monsters for me.

Maybe not use it for "Boss like" - like Ghost Mama - but perhaps for other encounters. It will let me know to roll my feat or not and if I kill something I can add that to the post. As you can tell I like to fluff up a combat post when I can.

HM

kinem

Adventurer
In 3.5 it specifically said that Con -- meant the creature could run forever.

That note has not been included in Pathfinder, but I don't know if that was an intentional change or an oversight.

Granted, undead have been nerfed in Pathfinder, losing immunity to crits for example. But I wouldn't say that "--" = "0". For most purposes "--" counts as Con 10. So I'd have to say that the Pathfinder rules don't address the issue, and are internally inconsistent because "--" is not a number. As such, I'll use the 3.5 rule.

As for letting you know AC and hp ... not going to happen.

Remove ads