Some DMing advice sought

jbear

First Post
they most annoying part of this idea would be how he mechanically informs you he is placing a curse on an enemy and not just insulting the heck out of them. One wink or two? Obviously if your other players have played they will know he is a warlock as soon as they figure out he is placing curses and rolling an extra 1d6 on damage (as sorcerers just have a static damage bonus)... or is he going to be the only player to roll damage secretly and just inform you of the result ?!!? Obliging you to be in on the secret is uncomfortable at best.

It's fine that his character is uncomfortable with his secret and tries to hide it. But I agree that his attempts to hide it from the players is likely to lead to negative energy at your table either in character or out of character (which is even worse)... even if its only a hidden resentment at being treated as if you were stupid by your fellow player.

zenram

First Post
Well, i tend to let my players do as they like when they role their characters, even if they wanna be a bad boy one in a good aligned characters group, however you know your players better than anyone, the obvious thing here is to let the other players enjoy the fun of knowing the plot, the
he seems not to be able to trust the other players ability to distinguish between in character and out of character knowledge.
seems more a problem of "that" player than of the others.

Remove ads