• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spider-Man 2 trailer, can there be spoilers?

Speaking of "faithfullness to the spirit of the comics" I wonder if we'll hear any of that snappy in-fight running commentary Spidey generally gives. That was one of his more endearing traits, I always thought. It's downright hilarious more often than not in the Ultimate Spiderman series, in particular.

Mog Elffoe

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Speaking of "faithfullness to the spirit of the comics" I wonder if we'll hear any of that snappy in-fight running commentary Spidey generally gives. That was one of his more endearing traits, I always thought. It's downright hilarious more often than not in the Ultimate Spiderman series, in particular.

I hope for at least a little, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any at all. Some things don't translate as well to live action.

I love the bit in Ult Spidey when he's fighting Kingpin and just stands there reading "You're so fat..." jokes from a note pad. Actually made me laugh out loud.

Mog Elffoe said:
I hope for at least a little, but I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't any at all. Some things don't translate as well to live action.

I love the bit in Ult Spidey when he's fighting Kingpin and just stands there reading "You're so fat..." jokes from a note pad. Actually made me laugh out loud.

I hope they have a little of it, but not lay it on too thick. It does illustrate the dual nature of Parker between the bookish "real life" persona to the masked "super" persona. However, you are right, some things do not always translate well. I remember reading about Iron Man (was it a fan letter?) saying that in one sequence if Tony were to say all the things he did in the time the armor "dressed" him from panel to panel, either he talks really slow or the armor would burn his skin going on... or something like that...

Stone Angel

First Post
Naw I don't think it was too much. Just enough. Besides if you have ever read a spidey comic you almost know whats coming, this wouldn't be the first time he put down the mantle. I do however think that they showed me enough to really tweak my intrest. We can see what Harry is becoming. Who knows maybe they will do right and not kill dock-ock, introduce the lizard or Kraven. For me I thought that it looked great and was just enough.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

ergeheilalt

First Post
Honestly, I thought the Vindicated video by Dashboard Confessional was more "revealing" of the plot. Then again, I also think the song sets the tone for the movie, so maybe it just felt like it was giving off the vibe of spoilers.

Erge

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
While I do think trailers give away way too much, I know we are talking Spiderman here, I know who Doc Ock is.

I know the story, villian comes in, beats up hero, then hero gets up to win the day. What I don't know is the stuff between, yes, I know what happens in the comics but that is not the same as the big screen, does:
Peter get the girl?
Is the girl Mary Jane?
What happens to Harry?
Is the movie good?​

I guess what I am saying is I see a rollercoaster, I see the twist and loops but until I ride it will I really know it. ;)

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Sirius_Black said:
Actually it's Jake Gyllenhaal. I was quite surprised at this twist myself. :]

So what you're saying is it's Peter's evil twin brother. ;) Maybe it's just me, but Jake Gyllenhaal looks like Tobey Maguire's evil twin brother.

Remove ads