(Spirit Of the Century) "So Let it be Written, so Shall it be Done!"

madwabbit

First Post
NestorDRod said:
<stumbles into thread> Huh? A game? Can I join in? :)
But of course, old friend! It will be an honor to have you on-board!

adamantineangel said:
Take me off the game list, please. I think I'm going to run a morning game of my own.
Sorry to see you go, but happy you'll be running something!

--tom

QuinnHarlech

Explorer
Considering the amount of good things I've heard about SoC, and that I enjoy Fudge in general, please sign me up! I haven't played SoC before, but I've heard it's quite easy to pick up, especially if you're familiar with the basics of Fudge.

Thanks!

madwabbit

First Post
QuinnHarlech said:
Considering the amount of good things I've heard about SoC, and that I enjoy Fudge in general, please sign me up! I haven't played SoC before, but I've heard it's quite easy to pick up, especially if you're familiar with the basics of Fudge.

Thanks!
Awesomeness! I think you're going to have a blast with SotC!

And that closes this event out (except for alternates).

--tom

madwabbit

First Post
Look for a post from me in the next couple of days on pre-game preparation for character generation. I still want to do as much chargen on the spot as we can, as that is an integral part of the game, but there are a few things we can do in advance to speed that up, particularly for those who aren't familiar with the game.

Speaking of which, total disclosure, I've only played SotC once and I've never run a game, if that matters to anyone. I have, however, been a GM for many other games and game systems since the mid'70s, so I am reasonably certain I've got it covered. :D

--tom

mechanoid

First Post
hi madwabbit! I notice one last alternate slot open. Can I get on the list of alternates too? I really look forward to playing this game!

Psion

Adventurer
madwabbit said:
Look for a post from me in the next couple of days on pre-game preparation for character generation. I still want to do as much chargen on the spot as we can, as that is an integral part of the game, but there are a few things we can do in advance to speed that up, particularly for those who aren't familiar with the game.

Speaking of which, total disclosure, I've only played SotC once and I've never run a game, if that matters to anyone. I have, however, been a GM for many other games and game systems since the mid'70s, so I am reasonably certain I've got it covered. :D

FWIW, since I last posted, I've run a game.

I'm sort of thinking Judd was right. We did full blown chargen, and it took a while. So anything you might want to do to accelerate things would probably be a good thing.

Perhaps picking out 12 or so of the stunt packages and pre-filling a character sheet with the stunts and best 2 or 3 skills, especially for those who have no exposure to the game.

I also think a sheet that has the ladder and skills printed on it would be a good thing.

I'd offer to help, but I have my own game to prep. :)

Remove ads