Spring's D&D Release Will Be Ship-Themed

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized. Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles! Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized.

Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles!

Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

"In 2020, there will be a couple of products that will touch on cultures that don't usually get exposure in their products."

Africa and Oceania?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It would be cool if the book in question moved away from the Sword Coast to the Sea of Falling Stars. Coasts are nice and all, but for great naval stuff you usually want something less linear. The Sea of Falling Stars is sort of Faerûn's Mediterranean Sea (complete with Greeks and Egyptians).

It would also be interesting to see how the Sea of Falling Stars have recovered post-Sundering - as I recall, the 4e version was dominated by aboleths and their minions.

Endangered, more than dominated. It was very much still an active seafaring area, IIRC.

Not good. Now that there's a sizable 5E library, they need to transition to fewer releases per year. A lot of people are already suffering from official-release fatigue.

What are you on about? 5e is entering its 5th year and we have had xanathars guide, two setting guides, two half monster manual / race guides.

This is hardly a glut. Three book purchases of you skip the setting books is... well...

D

DQDesign

My pet hypothesis is that they are looking to do a full hardcover Eberron book, and that might depend on how testing goes for the final Artificer...

It would be fine, I just hope they'll consider a HUGE discount for a stupid simpleton like me who bought the pdf on day one. Also because after the wayfinder release they decided to disclose large amount of crunch for free anyway.

Mercurius

Legend
It would be fine, I just hope they'll consider a HUGE discount for a stupid simpleton like me who bought the pdf on day one. Also because after the wayfinder release they decided to disclose large amount of crunch for free anyway.

Now why would they do that? And were you coerced in any way to buy Wayfinder's? Were you unhappy to do so at the time? And will you be happy if they do, indeed, publish a nice, new and shiny Eberron hardcover and don't give it to you at a discounted rate, other than the usual ~40% off from Amazon?

D

DQDesign

A lot of people are already suffering from official-release fatigue.

True, and I can't understand how a book related to really niche concepts (in dnd) like boats could help in this.

I'll pass on this book.

D

DQDesign

Now why would they do that? And were you coerced in any way to buy Wayfinder's? Were you unhappy to do so at the time? And will you be happy if they do, indeed, publish a nice, new and shiny Eberron hardcover and don't give it to you at a discounted rate, other than the usual ~40% off from Amazon?

Your questions are based on the assumptions that the hardcover book will have contents totally different from the wayfinder's guide. In my opinion it will be simply a polished, printed version of a pdf I already have. In that case, I would consider buying it only with a discount like the 'pdf+print' programs on rpgnow or 'bits &mortar'.

Anyway, no 40% discount on Amazon for USD-priced books here in Italy, sorry.

CapnZapp

Legend
Not good. Now that there's a sizable 5E library, they need to transition to fewer releases per year. A lot of people are already suffering from official-release fatigue.

Fewer releases?!???? :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Maybe I can interest you in a completely different game system? How about [Insert game that went bust in 1979 here]?

Remove ads

Remove ads