[Spycraft] Delta Green: Rebirth (Dead Letter)

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
The approaching van slows to a near-crawl and finally stops. For a moment, nothing happens. Then the sliding door at the back comes open. Three black-clad skinhead gang members emerge, and one gets out of the driver's side door. The three that emerged from the back carry black steel crowbars, while the driver apparently carries no weapon. One of the crowbar-wielding thugs points towards the box containing the head.

"The doc wants that back," the pointer calls. "So put it down all nice-like, and we won't hurt nobody. Maybe."

Initiatives and first actions, and then we'll start off combat.

Davechan

First Post
Still in the back of the van, Alex adjusted his grip on the pistol. Taking aim at the thug nearest him, he took in a deep breath, and waited to see what happened.

((OOC: Initiative 8. I'll ready an action to fire at the closest thug if violence breaks out. If combat has already started by the time by Initiative comes around, I'll take a half action to aim and then fire at the closest thug.))

Bobitron

Explorer
Andrew D. Gable said:
"The doc wants that back," the pointer calls. "So put it down all nice-like, and we won't hurt nobody. Maybe."

Elz draws her pistols in a flash, leveling them at the speaking thug. "That's not an option." The laser sights form two red dots perfectly centered on the speaker's chest. "We are federal agents, and even threatening us is a crime. Drop those weapons, or we will use deadly force."

If I was home, I would have already fired by now. This guy would be... how do the Americans say... toast?, Elz thought.

OOC:
Initiative 16+12= 28

Hold my attacks until the guy moves at us, and fire to cripple, not kill. Take out his legs.

Attack rolls- (two pistols, narrow bursts)

19+9-3= 25 Threat confirm 8+9-3= 14 Damage roll 5+1+2= 8+ crit damage if applicable.

11+9-3= 16 Damage roll 7+1+2= 10
Edit: Oops, sorry about that crit confrim. I had a momentary D20 flashback ;). I spend an action die to activate.

Last edited:

Synchronicity

First Post
Benjamin Pike

Pike turns to regard the thugs impassively, the very picture of chilly professional competence. He smoothly draws a plain pistol from a shoulder holster, and levels it at the skinheads. "Son, you've got no idea who you're messing with. Get back in the van and drive off nice and slow, and we'll pretend this never happened. Otherwise, you're going to learn firsthand why nobody f***s with Delta Green." Palpable menace oozes from Pike as he speaks, and he seems utterly confident that the thugs are no match for the Delta Green team.

Actions:
[sblock]
Initiative: 13 roll +1 dex = 14
[Half action]: Draw pistol.
[Half action]: Intimidate check on the thugs, trying to get them to rethink their attack and suddenly remember someplace else they'd rather be. Intimidate check: 18 roll +17 skill = 35[/sblock]

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
When Pike speaks, two of the crowbar wielders look at each other quizzically. The third, the one who had been pointing, whirls around and calmly asks them just what they're doing. One breaks off into a run and takes off down the alley, dropping his crowbar with a clatter. From the left, the driver dashes towards the box.

Like a flash of lightning, Elzbieta's guns fire, and the driver drops clutching his knee.

Initiative
Elzbieta 28
Gordon 14
Pike 14
Santiago 8

Driver Skinhead unhurt
Crowbar-Wielding Thug unhurt

I've gone ahead and factored in Elzbieta's first action in the second round. From here on it's regular combat. :)

Last edited:

Davechan

First Post
Holding his pistol in a steady two-handed grip, Alex took careful aim at the man with the crowbar, and fired a single shot at his torso.

((OOC: One aim action, then a shot. 23 to hit, 8 damage. I assumed I was within a range increment, and factored in Point Blank Shot.))

Bobitron

Explorer
Elz reacts almost by instinct as the driver moves, rattling off a burst of rounds from each pistol with dangerous accuracy. The heavy rounds tear into the man's legs, and he falls to the ground with blood spurting from his shattered knee.

The man with the crowbar continues his charge, to her suprise. I can't believe he is still coming at us after his friend just lost his leg! The guy might never walk again! She yells out a warning before firing.

"Stop where you are unless you want to end up like your buddy!"

If he keeps moving, she turns her pistols at the remaining thug, again dropping her aim low to cut the man's legs out from underneath him like a scythe cutting wheat. As she swings her weapons to the threat, Elz hears Alex's pistol fire with a loud crack that is a harsh constrast to the muffled thumps of her SOCOM's.

OOC:
Same attack on the other thug, again aiming low.

Attack rolls (two pistols, narrow burst)

22 (18+7-3) for 11 damage (8+1+2)

13 (9+7-3) for 11 damage (8+1+2)
OOC:
OOC:
OOC:

Synchronicity

First Post
Benjamin Pike

Pike doesn't flinch at the gunfire. His pistol moves smoothly to cover the downed driver, his face impassive. "Don't move."

[sblock]
My impression is that the driver's wounded, but not necessarily out of the fight yet. If I'm wrong and he is no longer a 'viable target', please change the target of Pike's actions to the remaining thug.

[Half action]: Aim at target.
[Half action]: Ready an action to shoot the thug if he a) goes for the box, or b) attacks a member of the party. Rolls are as follows;

Ranged attack (SIG-Sauer): 10+5 = 15
Damage roll (SIG-Sauer): 8+1 = 9
[/sblock]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"Aaah, my legs!" the driver yells as he lays on the ground, rocking slowly back and forth. Shots ring out from Pike's and Alex's pistols, and the remaining thug does a quick half-turn and then falls as the bullets impact his body. As the group surveys the scene -- a dead thug, two fled, and a crippled man lying on the bloody ground -- they all turn to look at the box, the cause of all this mess, as if to reassure themselves that it is, indeed, still alright. The driver looks towards the small band of agents with hate on his face.

Remove ads