Star Wars: Birthplace

Artellan

First Post
LostSoul said:
Playing out the Bluff where Raynor acted as Quick Nines was pretty cool. I tried to force him to say more than just one line - without breaking character as the goon who called him. As it was, I don't think I called for a Bluff check. Very funny scene.

I had the scene with Mia planned out in advance, and it worked well. Raynor threw in that kiss at the end, a very nice touch.

Yeah that bluff scene was hilarious! "Uh-huh. Uh-uh. Yep. Okay." Quick Nines never seemed liked a real talkative guy so it makes sense. Cool that he managed to avoid even making the roll. Too many players depend on the rolls, when the object should often be to avoid it (since it usually carries a chance of failure when you roll).

Raynor kissing Mia was nice too. But my favourite was Six-Four, who was supposed to be covering Raynor, enraptured by the topless dancer instead.

I take it the "to be continued.../roll credits" just means this was the end of the first adventure/ session? Hope to see more soon - I like these characters, and the screenplay style is growing on me.

- Artellan

LostSoul

Adventurer
A long time ago, in a galaxy
far, far away...

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the main title. War drums echo through the heavens as a roll-up slowly crawls into infinity.

STAR WARS

Episode II: The Fall of Naldar

Imperial agents on the planet of
NALDAR have suffered a setback at
the hands of the spacer LITA MOREN,
the bounty hunter SIX-FOUR, and the
smooth-talking RAYNOR ONASS.

Working for PADRE AGOS, and fending
off the assault of the cyborg QUICK
NINES, they have laid their hands
on information which could cripple
the EVIL GALACTIC EMPIRE'S plans.

But they are not out of danger yet,
as the despicable crimelord known
only as THE FIXER races after them
as they flee through the streets of
Naldar City...​

EXT. NALDAR CITY - NIGHT

The camera pans down from the night sky to reveal the skyline of Naldar City. A deep-green SPEEDER built for brute strength suddenly RACES through the frame, its engine GROWLING like a winged Vynock, bolts of fire chasing it. Three more speeders follow, GOONS hanging out of the windows, firing their blaster pistols.

ROLL FOR INITIATIVE...

A blaster bolt ROCKS the speeder. A gout of black smoke rises from its side.

LITA MOREN grips the steering column with white knuckles. She flinches visibly as the blaster hits the speeder, as though she can feel the impact.

LITA: "Come on baby, hold together..."

RAYNOR ONASS looks out the passenger-side window.

RAYNOR: "They're gaining on us! Gun it!"

Lita's face bunches up into a fierce grimace, her eyes red orbs of fury. She rams the throttle. The speeder lurches as it races away, but one of the Goons is keeping pace.

LITA: "The steering is shot... I can't shake him! Get rid of him!"

SIX-FOUR: "I'm a little busy here..." The bounty hunter has PADRE AGOS laid out on the back bench seat, and is trying to attach an IV into his arm. His hands are full of medical equipment and a hypo-syringe is in his mouth.

RAYNOR: "I'm on it." He leans out his window with his blaster in hand and levels a shot at the oncoming speeder. His aim is true, striking the Goon's speeder square in the front grill. Black smoke rises and fire EXPLODES as the speeder banks away and begins to dive.

Raynor blows at the barrel of his blaster.

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah, yeah, you're real hot :):):):) up there. Let's lose those speeders so I can save another life today."

RAYNOR: "Another one?"

SIX-FOUR: "I figure you guys owe me about three times over."

LITA: "Let's just land. I'm having trouble with the steering. You guys know any places where we can hide out for a bit?"

SIX-FOUR: "I know a place."

The camera follows the speeder as it banks to the city below, smoke trailing it.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Just a quick comment - I had to ditch the d20 rules for the above combat.

We switched to a different type of vehicle combat alltogether later on.

I still think that d6 does a better job.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Revelations & Invasion

EXT. DROID MOTEL - PRE-DAWN

The speeder lurches along as it pulls into a small, run down motel. Lita, Six-Four, and Raynor step out and walk to the office.

A run-down PROTOCOL DROID greets them. Its grimy metal skin is scarred with rust.

PROTOCOL DROID: "Greetings, gentlebeings. Would you like a room?"

Raynor looks at the droid in disgust.

RAYNOR: "A droid-run motel? What the hell is that? I don't want to stay at any droid-run place. They'll shoot you in the back! What did you want to come here for?"

SIX-FOUR: "Droids don't talk. It's not in their programming." He turns to the Protocol Droid. "Yeah, give us a room for the day."

PROTOCOL DROID: "Excellent, sir. We have a room made up for you right now." His arm creaks as he hands Six-Four a keycard.

RAYNOR: "I don't like this..."

WIPE TO:​

INT. DROID MOTEL ROOM - PRE-DAWN

Six-Four has Padre Agos on a bed with washed-out sheets. An IV is fixed to the wall with duct-tape. Six-Four dries his hand with a towel, leaving deep red stains, and looks at Padre Agos.

PADRE AGOS: "oohh..."

SIX-FOUR: "Well, I think he'll be okay if we let him rest for a while. Why don't we go collect our money now?"

LITA: "I want to fix up that speeder first."

RAYNOR: "Yeah, that thing is shot to hell. Why would Quick Nines drive such a run-down piece of crap?"

SIX-FOUR: "I think we should go get paid."

RAYNOR: "We can wait a while. What's the worst that could happen?"

Six-Four shakes his head and takes out the data disk. He plugs it into his security kit and begins fiddling with it.

LITA: "What are you doing?"

SIX-FOUR: "Might as well find out what's on here, if we're going to wait around."

LITA: "I'll be outside, working on the speeder."

EXT. SPACE

The IMPERIAL STAR DESROYER RELENTLESS orbits the planet of Naldar silently. Two TIE FIGHTERS scream through space, on the lookout for any ships brave enough to run the blockade.

INT. IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER RELENTLESS - BRIDGE

The bridge is quiet at this time of day, early in the "morning" cycle. Only the most important terminals are manned.

An alarm klaxon suddenly WHINES, and the communications terminal begins to flash. A priority-one message is coming through. The on-duty COMMANDER rushes over to the communications terminal, leaning over the COMM OFFICER working on it.

COMMANDER: "What is it?"

COMM OFFICER: "I'm decoding it now... priority-one, from the Emperor himself! It's... sir, the Death Star has been destroyed."

A screen shows a handful of rebel starfighters and one heavily-modified YT-1300 freighter fly by as the Death Star explodes in the background.

COMMANDER: "Impossible!"

COMM OFFICER: "Hang on... we're getting new orders. All seige operations are to be terminated; our new orders are to launch an assault and take Naldar at any cost."

COMMANDER: "I'll rouse the Captain," he says, standing up straight. "Get in touch with the Army Colonel. Tell him to begin powering up the garrison and to prepare for ground assault."

COMM OFFICER: "Yes sir."

The Commander walks out of frame. The bridge is now teeming with activity.

INT. DROID MOTEL ROOM - MORNING

Golden shafts of light are streaming through the window, lighting up Six-Four. He is sitting at a table, working on breaking the data disk's encoding. The data disk is connected to a mass of equipment.

He fiddles with the data disk, then leans back and puts down his tool.

SIX-FOUR: "It's one in a million that this is going to work, but it's worth a shot..."

Six-Four presses a button on the disk, and a red light flashes to green.

SIX-FOUR: "Holy :):):):). I'm in."

Raynor Onass comes in from the washroom.

RAYNOR: "You did it?"

SIX-FOUR: "Looks like it... let's hook this up to the holo-vid and see what we've got."

Six-Four takes the disk and plugs it into a small screen on the wall. The holo-vid blinks, coming to life, and begins displaying a list of names and numbers. The display flickers, and Six-Four hits it.

RAYNOR: "Nice work."

Raynor lounges back in a chair. Six-Four pages through the display.

SIX-FOUR: "Have a look at this here..."

The display shows the name "PATRIA LYDEN" quite clearly.

RAYNOR: "Uh... isn't that the chick we were going to sell this disk to?"

SIX-FOUR: "No, it's her twin sister," he remarks sarcastically. "Of course it's her."

RAYNOR: "Crap."

The door opens and Lita Moren walks in. Her face and hands are covered in grease, but she has somehow been able to keep it off her clothes.

LITA: "What's up guys?"

SIX-FOUR: "Miss Lyden is working for the Empire."

LITA: "What?"

SIX-FOUR: "Miss Lyden is working for the Empire."

LITA: "Great, just great! I needed that money. Who are we going to sell it to now? Maybe the general..."

RAYNOR: "I don't think-"

Raynor is cut of by the high-pitched SCREAM of the Naldar Emergency Warning System's AIR RAID SIRENS.

LITA: "Oh great, what now?"

Everyone moves outside. The sirens die down and a VOICE comes over loudspeakers.

VOICE: "This is the Naldar Civil Emergency System. Imperial ships are making planetfall. All citizens are advised to head calmly to their appointed civil defense shelters. Repeat: Imperial ships are making planetfall. All citizens are advised to head calmly to their appointed civil defense shelters. This is not a drill. This is not a drill."

In the sky, we can see a faint glow and some small, silvery lights trailed by thin lines of cloud. The camera zooms in, and we see a number of TIE FIGHTERS, BOMBERS, and ASSAULT VESSELS racing through the atmosphere. The camera zooms in again, and the Imperial ships BUZZ the camera, screaming like banshees.

The camera moves back to the group, still watching the lights. A group of the lights move off from the main pack.

RAYNOR: "Uh, guys, I think those are headed towards the starport..."

LITA: "My ship!" she screams, then jumps into the speeder. She begins to power it up.

SIX-FOUR: "What are we going to do with Agos?"

RAYNOR: "Uh, we'll just leave him here. Yeah. He should be safe."

Six-Four shrugs and climbs into the speeder, followed by Raynor. Lita GUNS the engine and the speeder POUNCES into the air.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Quick note:

Six-Four hacked into that encrypted data disk by rolling a 30 on his Computer Use check. (Natural 20)

I think the DCs listed in the book for security are too low. Another character joins us soon who can, with the aid of his droid, Take 10 and get a 30. And the PCs are only 4th level.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Wee! TIE Fighters

EXT. NALDAR STARPORT - DAY

Naldar City's starport is the location of the first wave of the Imperial Assault. TURBOLASERS on the starport fire off barrage after barrage at the TIE Bombers that are making attack runs. The sky above is full of fire as TIE fighters and Naldar ships twist and circle each other.

One of the bombers drops a glowing orb, and it impacts in a huge explosion on the starport's shields. Another bomber follows up with a salvo of missiles, some of which hit the shields, the rest making it through to the starport itself. Huge EXPLOSIONS rock the starport, and one of the docking bays collapses into itself.

CUT TO:​

EXT. NALDAR STARPORT - DOCKING BAY - DAY

Lita Moren's speeder skids to a stop beside her ship, the Outlaw Star. Debris is falling all around. A large spire of metal CRASHES into the top of the Outlaw Star, sending sparks flying.

LITA: "Oh no!"

TREVOR, a non-descript man, and his modified R2 droid A1 are busily scurrying around the ship, trying to disconnect power cables. He looks up and waves at Lita.

LITA: "Trevor, what are you doing here?" she says, getting out of the speeder.

TREVOR: "I was hoping for a ride."

LITA: "Get in," she says, shaking her head. She swipes her keycard in the Outlaw Star's lock and enters the ship, stomping up the gangway.

Trevor follows close behind. A1 beeps loudly.

TREVOR: "I don't care about that right now, A1! I just want to get off of here."

Raynor and Six-Four get out of the speeder as Lita comes back out of her ship. The Outlaw Star's exterior cargo bay doors are opening slowly.

Lita walks past them and into her speeder.

RAYNOR: "Where are you going?" he asks Lita. "Maybe you should be powering up the ship."

TREVOR: "I can do that."

RAYNOR: "Who are you?" He looks to Lita, who is piloting the speeder into the Outlaw Star's cargo hold. "Lita," he yells over the crashing sound of combat, "who is this gearhead?"

TREVOR: "I'm Trevor, and this is my droid A1." A1 beeps a greeting.

RAYNOR: "And why do you think you're coming with us?"

TREVOR: "Why do YOU think you're coming with US?"

LITA: "Just get on the ship, or I'm leaving without you!" she yells as she runs past Raynor and Trevor and into the ship. Everyone follows her.

INT. OUTLAW STAR - COCKPIT - DAY

In the crowded cockpit of the Outlaw Star, Lita is furiously flipping switches and pressing buttons. A HUM begins somewhere in the bowels of the ship and lights start flashing. Raynor, Six-Four, Trevor, and A1 are watching her.

Through the cockpit, we see two TIE Bombers race by. Lita flinches as a proton bomb lands on the starport and shakes the ship.

LITA: "Don't just stand there!" she yells to everyone else. "Someone help me lock in auxiliary power!"

A1 beeps and flicks out a scomp link that he plugs into the ship's controls.

LITA: "Raynor, Six-Four, go man the turrets. Trevor, see if you can get those shields up."

Raynor and Six-Four leave. Trevor sits down at a nearby control bank.

TREVOR: "Tell me what to do," he mutters under his breath. "You get those shields up."

LITA: "Trevor, shut up or get off the ship!"

TREVOR: "Okay, okay, calm down there, 'captain.' I'll get right on it. Let's get one thing straight though - if I'm going to be part of your crew, you better start treating me nice."

LITA: "Shut up! I don't have time for this. Mother space..."

Lita pulls back on the steering column and the Outlaw Star rises into the air. She rams forward the throttle and it LEAPS out of the starport like a frightened womp rat.

EXT. SKY - ABOVE STARPORT - DAY

The Outlaw Star races into the air. Behind it, two TIE FIGHTERS fall into tailing positions.

Trevor is cross-wiring some switches. Suddenly, a warning beeping starts.

TREVOR: "You've got two TIEs coming up behind you, 'captain.'"

LITA: "Angle the deflectors double-back!" She keeps pressing on the throttle, already at maximum, thinking that she can outrun the TIE fighters.

She's wrong. The TIE fighters keep pace with her, and four beams of green energy narrowly miss the Outlaw Star.

In the Outlaw Star's port gun turret, Six-Four is strapping himself into the gunner's chair. He flips a switch and the blaster cannon comes on-line. A small, red-and-yellow 3D targetting reticle appears. It shows two TIE fighters behind him, and he spins the chair around to face them.

He lets out a blast of red at one of the TIEs, but it goes wide.

RAYNOR: "Nice shot there," he shouts from across the narrow length of the ship, where he is seated at the starboard gun turret.

SIX-FOUR: "It's this targetting system. I bet it predates the old republic!"

RAYNOR: "Come on, what's not to like. You've got a double 3D grid, these arrows, a circle..."

Raynor lets out his own blast. He misses as well.

SIX-FOUR: "Nice shot."

RAYNOR: "You're spoiling my concentration!"

SIX-FOUR: "Excuses."

They trade shots with the TIE fighters, but are unable to hit the nimble fighters. The same can't be said for the Imperials; they land one blow, then another, both of which hit the shields. One more laser blast hits, and the shields fall. Fire explodes across the Outlaw Star.

In the cockpit of the Outlaw Star, Trevor and Lita both flinch with the last impact.

TREVOR: "That last blast hurt us! A few more like that, and we'll end up like a droid brain with no power buffers!"

LITA: "I can't outrun them... we can't hit them..." She suddenly gets a flash of inspiration. She banks the ship and dives towards the starport. The sky in front of the Outlaw Star fills with the turbolaser fire and explosions from TIEs and bombs hitting the starport.

TREVOR: "What are you doing - you'll kill us in that crossfire!"

Lita ignores Trevor and focuses all her attention on piloting. She slips in and out of the huge beams of energy coming from the starport. She dodges the remains of a TIE bomber's solar wings.

Behind her, one of the TIE fighters is hit by a turbolaser and EXPLODES in a shower of sparks.

She looks at her sensor display and sees the remaining TIE fighter close on her tail. She throws the Outlaw Star into a dangerous dive, bringing it down to street level.

EXT. NALDAR CITY - DAY

The Outlaw Star races through the buildings of Naldar City, windows shattering as it flies by. The ship's engines kick up dust and trash and melt the street as it comes only a few feet away from a deadly crash. Following right behind it is the last TIE fighter, which SPITS out rays of green that barely miss the Outlaw Star and instead tear great holes into the city street.

The Outlaw Star's engines suddenly change their orientation, pointing straight at the ground, turning the street beneath it into a pool of tar. The ship loses its forward momentum and makes a cut up into the air at a nearly 45-degree angle.

As the Outlaw Star races up, it reveals a large statue to the camera. The TIE fighter races onto frame and tries to avoid the statue, but the two collide and one of the TIE's solar wings is shorn off. It spins in a tight circle until it crashes into the base of a building, EXPLODING in flames.

LostSoul

Adventurer
A New Job

Lita wipes sweat off of her brow as she pilots her vessel away from the combat and the starport. Trevor is still fiddling with the shield controls, trying to restore them, as Raynor and Six-Four crowd into the cockpit.

RAYNOR: "That was some nice flying."

LITA: "Thanks. I want to set it down soon so I can get it fixed up."

RAYNOR: "I should hope so - it sounded like it was about to explode. I bet there's a hole in the hull big enough for Quick Nines' speeder to fall out of."

SIX-FOUR: "We still have to decide who we are going to sell the-" he suddenly stops, and looks at Trevor.

TREVOR: "What?"

RAYNOR: "Private meeting. You and your little droid are going to have to come back later."

TREVOR: "This is the kind of treatment I get after I save you guys? Whatever. Come on, A1."

RAYNOR: "That's right, buh-bye."

A1 detaches from the controls and sends a spark directed at Raynor's rear end, sending the scoundrel jumping into the air.

RAYNOR: "Ow! Watch that, you little tin can, or I'll make an ashtray out of you."

A1 beeps a very unsincere apology, and leaves with Trevor to the crew quarters.

RAYNOR: "Droids..."

LITA: "Don't you like droids?"

SIX-FOUR: "How did you guess?"

LITA: "Oh, shut up, I've had enough of your sarcasm for today." She yawns. "I'm tired. We've been up for what - 24 hours now?"

RAYNOR: "About that."

LITA: "Well, once we put down I'm going to get Trevor to do some repairs and I'm going to sleep. I might have some stim left over in the med-bay."

RAYNOR: "We're letting that gearhead and his droid stay with us?"

LITA: "Why not? He's a whiz with ships, droid, blasters - pretty much everything."

SIX-FOUR: "Not much personality though."

RAYNOR: "Says the walking suit of armour. Oh well."

SIX-FOUR: "So what are we going to do with the information? I know somebody I might be able to pawn it off to..."

RAYNOR: "Well, give him a call. I'll call Nat Lodon, and we'll see what happens."

LITA: "It looks like the starport is clear now. I'll put down there."

The Outlaw Star is parked in the starport once again. Debris is scattered everywhere. A pair of HEAVY LIFTING DROIDS are doing their best to remove it, but are hardly making a dent.

Sparks of electricity are coming off the Outlaw Star's hull, where Trevor and A1 are working on fixing up damage to the ship. Raynor is lounging in a patio chair, wearing shorts and sunglasses, holding a tanning mirror up to his face. A cooler full of dantic lies by his side.

Six-Four is pacing around the ship.

RAYNOR: "Six-Four, you need to relax. Have a dantic."

Raynor throws Six-Four a cold dantic. Six-Four catches it in a violent motion.

SIX-FOUR: "That stim's really got me going," he says as he cracks open the can of dantic and takes a long drink.

RAYNOR: "That's what it does."

NAT LODON, dressed in her blue House Lyden uniform, walks in. She looks tired - her hair is coming out of its ponytail, her uniform is untucked and covered in dirt, and her hands are grimy. She sighs as she sees Raynor.

NAT LODON: "Taking it easy, Raynor?"

Raynor looks up and puts down his tanning mirror.

RAYNOR: "It's what I'm best at. Here, have a dantic. You look like you could use it."

Nat reaches into the cooler and grabs a dantic. She holds it up against her neck before opening it.

NAT LODON: "Oh, that's nice. I'm in a hurry - what did you want to talk about?"

RAYNOR: "We've got some information for you. How much would you pay for a list of every Imperial agent and their safehouses here on Naldar?"

NAT LODON: "That would be extremely helpful," she says excitedly. "But I don't have the authorization to pay you. I'd have to talk to my supervisors."

RAYNOR: "Tell them we want fifty-thousand."

NAT LODON: "I'll see what I can do. I doubt they'll be able to do that - unless you want Naldar credits. No, I can see you don't. We'll probably be able to pay you in trade goods, if that's okay..."

RAYNOR: "Doesn't sound bad," he says, looking to Six-Four, "does it?"

SIX-FOUR: "Nope, not bad at all. Not at all. No way."

NAT LODON: "Okay, I'll see what I can do. Wish I had more time to chat, but duty calls."

Nat Lodon chugs the rest of her dantic and leaves.

RAYNOR: "I hope we get something good out of this deal."

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah, me too. Yeah."

Six-Four's comlink starts to beep.

SIX-FOUR: "I guess that's for me." He picks up the comlink from his belt and flicks it on. "Six-Four here."

VOICE: (via comlink) "Six-Four! You're still alive."

SIX-FOUR: "What did you expect, Doreb? It's me."

INT. DOREB SILVAN'S STARSHIP - INFO CENTRE - DAY

DOREB SILVAN, an information broker and Six-Four's main contact, is sitting at a desk filled with papers and data tapes. Men and women are hurrying all around him, gathering data and erasing tapes. A few droids whirr busily.

DOREB SILVAN: "I should have known. I've seen you come out of some pretty hairy jobs."

A man hands Doreb a data disk. Doreb looks at it and nods, and hands it back. The man rushes out of the room.

SIX-FOUR: (via comlink) "That's what I do. What's up?"

DOREB SILVAN: "You sound jittery - something going on?"

SIX-FOUR: "Not much. Had a run in with the Fixer and his boys last night. Nothing I couldn't handle. Took some stim."

DOREB SILVAN: "Stim - yeah, that'll do it. Anyway, are you up for another job?"

SIX-FOUR: "Sure, why not, what else am I going to do?"

DOREB SILVAN: "I've just picked up a tight-beam data stream sent to an isolated location here on Naldar. Looks like it came straight from that ISD hanging over us."

SIX-FOUR: "So, basically, I get to kill Imperials?"

DOREB SILVAN: "Looks like it. I've got the co-ordinates here - I'm sending them to you now." He attaches a data disk to the comlink and presses a button. "It's near one of the shield generators. I have a feeling the Imperials are going to try and take it down."

SIX-FOUR: "I'll see what I can do. What do I get in return?"

DOREB SILVAN: "Sorry, this one's a freebee. Consider it a hand-out from your old pal. If you can try and leverage some cash from one of the houses here-"

SIX-FOUR: "So the reward is just going to be a few dead Imps. I can work with that."

DOREB SILVAN: "Thought you might like that. How are you fixed for transport off this rock?"

SIX-FOUR: "I've got a ship, I'm all set."

DOREB SILVAN: "Should have guessed you'd find some way to get out of here. If it falls through, give me a call. We'll be leaving shortly."

SIX-FOUR: "Thanks. I think I got it though."

DOREB SILVAN: "No problem. Good luck."

SIX-FOUR: "Thanks."

Doreb hangs up the comlink and goes back to his work.

Six-Four switches off his comlink and places it back on his belt. Raynor turns to him.

RAYNOR: "So what was that all about?"

SIX-FOUR: "I think the Imperials are planning on hitting the shield generator."

Raynor leans back on his tanning chair.

RAYNOR: "Ah, so we don't have to worry about anything then. Okay, wake me up when the ship is fixed."

Lita walks out of the ship, dressed in coveralls and covered head to foot in grease.

LITA: "Shouldn't be too long. Trevor's got a gift for fixing things." She steps into sight of Trevor, and yells up to him. "How long's it going to be, Trevor?"

TREVOR: "A lot sooner if you'd stop bothering me," he says from on the top of the Outlaw Star.

SIX-FOUR: "Guys, I think we should go now."

LITA: "We can wait another hour or two until my girl's back in tip-top shape."

SIX-FOUR: "You do realize that they're going to blow the shield generator?"

LITA: "So what?"

SIX-FOUR: "If they do, that ISD is going to turn Naldar City into another Alderaan."

LITA: "I don't want to take her up with damage to the armour plating."

SIX-FOUR: "She can still fly, can't she?"

LITA: "Yeah, but-"

SIX-FOUR: "Look, if we don't leave soon, your ship is going to be a pile of radio-active goo."

LITA: "Okay, okay. Raynor, get up."

RAYNOR: "Aw, man..."

Raynor puts down his tanning mirror and starts to get up.

LITA: "Trevor! You and your droid get down here. We're taking off!"

TREVOR: "But I'm almost done..." he whines, and throws down his plama arc.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Death in the Repair Shop

EXT. MOUNTAIN TOWN - DAY

The Outlaw Star flies through the frame. In the background stands a jagged mountain range, covered with sparse vegetation. The SHIELD GENERATOR, a huge saucer-shaped dish, dominates the peak of the nearest mountain. A small town rests peacefully at the base of the generator.

There is no traffic here save for the Outlaw Star, which approaches a large repair shop.

EXT. REPAIR SHOP - DAY

The Outlaw Star lands in a dusty platform next to the repair shop. The shop is a tall building with wide, open doors. It is dark inside the shop, but we can make out a speeder resting on some jacks, and a TECH working underneath.

The Tech crawls out from under the speeder as the gangway from the Outlaw Star opens up and its crew file out.

TECH: "Can I help you?"

RAYNOR: "Yeah. I'm looking for-" he pauses for a moment as he consults the data disk containing all the Imperial agents on the planet - "Soge, Dremlan," he says, finding the name. "Dremlan Soge."

TECH: "Well, he's not here right now."

RAYNOR: "Really? Where's he gone?"

TECH: "Called up for militia duty. Now, if you don't mind, I've got to work on this speeder here - it's going to the front lines..." He slides back under the speeder.

RAYNOR: "But I do mind." Raynor GRABS the legs of the Tech and YANKS him out from under the speeder.

His eyes go wide as he finds himself looking down the cold-blue steel barrel of a blaster.

Raynor moves quickly and grabs the blaster before the Tech can snap off a shot. They struggle for a second, and Raynor comes up with the weapon. The Tech slides himself back under the speeder.

Lita fires a shot which hits the Tech in his main femoral artery. In seconds the Tech bleeds to death.

Two IMPERIAL ARMY TROOPERS, wearing blast vests and wielding blaster rifles, step out of hiding spots and aim at the group. Soon the repair shop is filled with the sights and sounds of battle. Lita takes cover near Raynor, both crouching behind the speeder.

LITA: "I didn't mean to kill him..."

RAYNOR: "Then I guess you shouldn't have shot him!" he yells out as he pokes his head over the rear corner of the speeder and fires at the Army Troopers. His shot hits a bank of equipment, and is returned by a barrage that burns deep scars into the speeder. "Damn, I hate getting shot at!"

SIX-FOUR: "Let me take care of that." He steps out from behind the speeder and fires one shot - hits, the trooper falls - and then another - and the other Army Trooper crumples in on himself.

Everyone stands up and looks around.

RAYNOR: "Well, we got the goons, but where's the leader?"

In answer to Raynor's question, the back office door opens. DREMLAN SOGE, a human with slicked-back hair and nails far too clean for any repulsorlift technician, steps out from behind the office door and flings a frag grenade into the midst of the group.

It lands in between Raynor, Lita, and Trevor. They stare at it for a second before leaping for cover.

The grenade EXPLODES, filling the frame in fire. When the fire is gone, we can see Six-Four taking shot after shot at Dremlan Soge, who dives for cover in the office. The office window shatters, but Six-Four misses his mark, and the Imperial agent slips out through a back door.

SIX-FOUR: "Don't just sit there!" He yells, not even bothering to look over his shoulder. "Let's get him!"

Raynor and Lita get up from under the speeder. Both of them have soot-covered faces, but luckily, only their fashion sense was damaged. They both run to the back office in pursuit.

Trevor gets up from behind a bank of equipment, barely touched. He grabs one of the fallen blasters and heads for the back office as well, but more cautiously.

Raynor and Lita are the first to make it to the back office and through the door beyond. They find themselves in the men's locker room. The back door, leading out to the alley, is open. Another door, this one closed, leads out of the men's locker room and into the women's.

LITA: "Looks like he went outside!"

RAYNOR: "Cover me!"

Raynor heads to the door and aims his blaster both ways out the door and into the alley. He doesn't see Dremlan Soge, but he does see a strange shadow on the ground that seems to come from nowhere. He looks up.

RAYNOR: "Uh oh... we just got company."

A white-clad IMPERIAL STORMTROOPER is quickly falling to the ground. A black blast-pack is strapped to his back. (Say that three times fast.)

LITA: ":):):):)."

Raynor and Lita both snap off shots, but they both sail under the stormtrooper as he FIRES off the last blast of energy from his blast-pack, softening his descent and rasing him into the air. The stormtrooper lands on his feet with a loud grunt.

SIX-FOUR: "What is it-" he says, stepping into the doorway, just in time to see the stormtrooper raise his Sorosubb ST-1 blaster rifle.

In slow-motion, we see the stormtrooper SQUEEZES off a shot powerful enough to drop a tauntaun at a hundred metres. The bolt races through the air at Six-Four. The armoured bounty-hunter tries to dodge the deadly shot, but he's not quick enough, and the bolt CRASHES into his right eye. The right side of his face is torn off in a shower of blood.

LITA: "Six-Four!" she screams, and fires off a shot at the stormtrooper. The stormtrooper drops to a knee and the shot goes high. Lita throws herself on Six-Four and pulls out a med-kit.

RAYNOR: "That wasn't very nice..." he says, and his eyes narrow coldly. He levels his blaster and hits the stormtrooper in the chest, knocking him back two metres. The stormtrooper stumbles, trying to get back on his feet, a huge black burn staining his crisp, white armour.

Trevor enters the locker room and takes a quick look around. He moves into the women's locker room.

TREVOR: "That guy isn't in here..."

He flicks open a locker and aims his blaster pistol at it, but there is nothing inside except for a jumpsuit. He spins around when he hears a locker in the men's locker room bang open and Dremlan Stoge jumps out. Trevor darts out of the locker room and hits Dremlan Stoge in the back, sending the Imperial agent to the ground.

TREVOR: "Hey guys, I got him!"

RAYNOR: "That's great. Maybe you could help me out here..."

Raynor is trading fire with the stormtrooper, who now bears another scar on his armour. Raynor turns his head to the side and DUCKS just in time as another blast of fire nearly hits him.

RAYNOR: "Great, another one!"

Lita, crouched over Six-Four and covered in his blood, sprays a green foam into Six-Four's ocular cavity. She drops the bacta-spray and picks up a sealant, which covers the foam with a layer of synthetic skin. Then she grabs her blaster and takes a shot at the wounded stormtrooper, catching him in the face and quieting his movements.

Raynor, followed closely by Trevor, moves out into the alley. The new stormtrooper is standing in the open, firing bolts of energy at the two men. Raynor and Trevor duck behind some garbage.

RAYNOR: "I'm going up for a closer shot... cover me!"

Raynor steps out into the alley and Trevor slides out behind him. Trevor aims a shot through Raynor's legs that deflects off the stormtrooper's shoulder.

RAYNOR: "Watch it!" he screams while running towards the stormtrooper.

The stormtrooper grabs a grenade off his belt and throws it just behind Raynor. Trevor sees the deadly bomb and DIVES into a stack of garbage. Raynor keeps running and firing. A huge ball of flame explodes behind Raynor, but Raynor continues to shoot, and his aim is good. By the time Raynor reaches the stormtrooper, the Imperial is a mass of blackened and smoking armour.

Trevor pokes his head up from the smouldering garbage. His hair is slightly singed, and his face is blackened, but otherwise he is fine. We can hear a series of beeps coming from his comlink.

TREVOR: "A1 says that there are more of them landing all around us..."

RAYNOR: "We got what we came for. Let's get out of here." He grabs the stormtrooper and heaves him over his shoulders, staggering back down the alley with the body.

TREVOR: "Yeah, let's grab them both! I can do something with their armour. Yeah, that should be fun..." Trevor grabs the other stormtrooper, making sure to hang onto his rifle, and staggers into the repair shop.

Lita has picked up Six-Four and she carries him out. All three of them move as quickly as possible, dodging bolts from the landing stormtroopers. They run into the Outlaw Star, and it lifts off, leaving the stormtroopers firing at it helplessly.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Naldar at War & No Deal

INT. OUTLAW STAR - MED BAY

Lita lays Six-Four out in the Outlaw Star's med bay, a glamourized bunk filled with spare medical equipment Lita has picked up in her galaxy-hopping travels. Raynor and Trevor drop the two stormtroopers down in the outside hall.

LITA: "Does anyone know first aid?"

RAYNOR: "I think he needs a little more than first aid."

TREVOR: "A1 is programmed with the finest medical databanks this side of Coruscant. I did it myself. I had to cross-wire his beta-metrical assimilation-"

LITA: "Just get him down here! We can still save Six-Four if we move fast!" Lita leaves the med bay and climbs up the ship's central passage to the cockpit.

RAYNOR: "I hope she's right..."

DISSOLVE TO:​

MONTAGE - NALDAR AT WAR

A) NALDAR HOUSE GUARDS fire at IMPERIAL ARMY TROOPERS from behind entrenched positions on a plain turned wasteland after only hours of war. Light ARTILLERY on both sides send streaks of FIRE over the horizon. A SENTINEL ASSAULT BARGE swoops into frame, and four heavy-armoured AT-AT WALKERS debark.

The AT-ATs brave concentrated fire and one falls; but the other three OVERRUN the Naldar position, supported by thousands of Army troopers.

B) A wave of sleek NALDAR HOUSE SPEEDERS make daring assault runs over IMPERIAL ARMY TROOPERS. The Imperial troops flee for cover under the BLAZING fire of the Naldar speeders, and then are BLOWN into dust as a second wave of heavy BOMBERS fires rockets into their trenches.

C) Under the cover of fog, a squad of armour-clad IMPERIAL STORMTROOPERS rushes an unprepared force of NALDAR MILITIA. The militia's COMMANDER barks out some orders but he is BLASTED once, twice, three times, jerking in a macabre dance. The remaining militia turn to flee, but are cut down in a STORM of fire by more Stormtroopers on the other end of the bridge.

D) In the skies high above Naldar, Imperial and Naldar STARFIGHTERS and AIRSPEEDERS perform a ballet of death. Ships PLUMMET to the ground leaving trails of smoke and others BURST into balls of flame.

EXT. NALDAR STARPORT - EVENING

The Outlaw Star is resting in the broken-down Naldar City starport once again. Most of the large debris has been cleared out, but the ground is covered with small technical remains.

INT. OUTLAW STAR - MED BAY

Six-Four is lying on the operating table. He wears a bandage over his right eye. The bandage is stained red where his eye would lie. Lita and Raynor are watching him, and A1 is monitoring some equipment.

Six-Four moves groggily.

SIX-FOUR: "I've got the worst headache..."

LITA: "Oh... I thought we'd lost you..." She kisses his cheek.

SIX-FOUR: "If I'd known this is what I had to go through to get a little action, I'd have shot off my eye a long time ago."

Lita smiles and shakes her head, emotion welling up in her like a geiser. She turns and leaves the med bay with a smile on her face.

RAYNOR: "You sure know how to clear a room."

SIX-FOUR: "One of my many talents."

RAYNOR: "We met with Nat Lodon. She loaded our ship up with some trade goods - about twelve thousand credit's worth. We're planning on blasting off as soon as possible."

SIX-FOUR: "Don't let me keep you."

RAYNOR: "It's good to see you back. I thought we lost you for a second, buddy." He stands up, and then remembers something. "Oh - we've got Quick Nines' cybernetic eye here. A1 - the gearhead's droid - doesn't think that he can put it in on his own, but if we get a real doctor-"

SIX-FOUR: "I'm sure I could tell him how to do it."

RAYNOR: "Seriously?"

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah. I'm actually an accredited military surgeon."

RAYNOR: "You think you know a walking killing machine... I'm going to get things ready for hyperspace. Nat gave us a tip - our departure is going to be covered by some escaping transports. Anything I can get you?"

SIX-FOUR: "How about some Correlian whiskey and a lap dance?"

RAYNOR: "Take it easy, man," he says, laughing.

Raynor crouches as he exits the med bay. He is smiling as he shuts the hatch behind him. Down the ramp that leads to the main entrance, he can see Trevor talking to someone.

TREVOR: "-I don't know who you are, so just get lost, okay?"

Raynor walks to the doorway.

RAYNOR: "What's the problem-" he starts, and then he sees who Trevor's been talking to. MIA ENDIVE and the injured PADRE AGOS are standing at the main hatch to the Outlaw Star. Mia looks as dangerous as a storm that is about to explode.

MIA: "Raynor, you scoundrel. Were you planning on leaving us here? Got your money and just desert us?"

RAYNOR: "Come on, I'd never do that to you. You know me better-"

MIA: "I don't have enough time for your :):):):):):):):) lines. Are you going to get us off this rock or not? Yes or no - don't waste my time."

RAYNOR: "Sure, come on in." He backs away from the hatch and Mia and Padre Agos enter. Mia shoots Raynor a dirty look as she walks past him and towards the bunks.

TREVOR: "So what, are we letting in anyone who wants a ride?"

RAYNOR: "We let you in, didn't we?"

Raynor walks off, hoping to spend as much time away from Mia and Agos as possible. Trevor follows him.

TREVOR: "So when am I going to get paid for my services?"

LostSoul

Adventurer
A note about the Montage:

I wrote that up and read it during gameplay. It was a lot of text to read - if I do another one, I'll trim it down - but it really (seemed) to give the players a sense of what was going on. After I read it, they all spoke up about their desire to leave Naldar.

Interesting tool.

Remove ads