Star Wars: Birthplace

ragboy

Explorer
LostSoul said:
Oh yeah, I wrote this like a screenplay, just because I felt like it. I'm sure it breaks formatting rules, but who cares. Not me. ;) I might keep it up, I might switch to prose, maybe some kind of bastard hybrid, we'll see.

LostSoul...Not sure how I missed this. Please do not switch from the screenplay format. Very cool and tells the story like a Star Wars story should be told: Snappy lines, and quick deadly action. Keep it up. I haven't read past the first post, but I'm HOOKED!

LostSoul

Adventurer
I've been keeping up with the screenplay format - it's just fun to write like that. And since I'm just doing this for my own entertainment, I think I'll keep it up.

It also helps when I throw out a cutscene or a montage for the players, since I write those in the same format. Helps us stay in the Star Wars frame of mind.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Bimmisari and Captain Galvin Soto

EXT. NALDAR SPACE

The IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER RELENTLESS soars through frame. Dozens of heavy TURBOLASERS fire at freighters and space transports trying to flee the Imperial onslaught. A wave of TIE FIGHTERS, a swarm of gnats against the bulk of the Star Destroyer, ROAR into space and further harass the fleeing ships.

INT. IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER RELENTLESS - BRIDGE

LORD ADMIRAL DIN, Captain of the Relentless, watches the battle rage. He wears an ill-fitting smile, a smile that is more like a grimace, on his scarred face.

A LIEUTENANT approaches him.

LIEUTENANT: "Admiral, sir, we have a problem."

Lord Admiral Din sneers at the Lieutenant and strides boldy to the computer banks, his cape flowing behind him. A computer OPERATOR pushes some buttons and a large hologram appears, displaying a group of transports under assault by TIE fighters.

LIEUTENANT: "We do not have enough TIEs in the black. Most of these freighters will escape."

Lord Admiral Din closes his eyes and rubs his temple, shutting the world off.

LIEUTENANT: "If we commit our reserve fighters, we could destroy them all."

LORD ADMIRAL DIN: "Hold the fighters in reserve. Focus scanners on grid 0-3-A."

The two Imperial officers continue to watch the screen. The hologram flickers, and suddenly a CORELLIAN CORVETTE appears in the shadow of the transports.

LORD ADMIRAL DIN: "Lieutenant, order the reserve TIEs to destroy that new target."

OPERATOR: "Sir, we're getting a read on that new bogey's transponder codes... it's a rebel ship captained by Prince Vindan of the Albonites!"

LORD ADMIRAL DIN: "Order the TIEs to disable the corvette. Have that new Nebulon-B frigate board her."

LIEUTENANT: "This is a grand prize, Admiral! The fleet has been after that piece of scum forever! How did you know he was hiding there?"

Lord Admiral Din shoots a look that promises pain at the Lieutenant. His eyes are blood-shot now. The Lieutenant takes a step back and Lord Admiral Din moves back to the window to watch the battle in space.

CUT TO:​

INT. OUTLAW STAR - COCKPIT

Raynor and Trevor are watching through the cockpit at the battle taking place beyond them. Lita is manipulating the controls and A1 is plugged into the hyperspace navigation computer.

TREVOR: "Those TIEs are moving towards that rebel corvette."

RAYNOR: "How did they know it was there? Even our sensors aren't picking it up, and there's nothing blocking our path."

TREVOR: "I don't know. How much longer until we can get out of here?"

A1 blurts out a few whining noises.

TREVOR: "Good. This is as close as I ever want to get to an Imperial Star Destroyer."

EXT. NALDAR SPACE

The Outlaw Star JUMPS off-screen and into hyperspace.

WIPE TO:​

EXT. SPACE - THE PLANET BIMMISARI

The Outlaw Star appears on screen, heading towards the daylight side of a green planet.

EXT. BIMMISARI - DAY

The Outlaw Star flies towards a city, barely visible in the distance. Forest covers the landscape, and seems to wave like thick grass under a strong wind.

EXT. BIMMISARI - THE TOWER OF LAW - DAY

The Outlaw Star approaches the outskirts of THE TOWER OF LAW, a three-level, two-hundred year old marketplace made mostly of wood. Ringing the Tower is a forest of ASAARI trees that sway and move their tentacular branches in harmony with each other.

EXT. THE TOWER OF LAW - DOCKING BAY 3-18 - DAY

The Outlaw Star hovers above a wooden landing pad stained a deep brownish-red and slowly descends, expelling gas. A POWER DROID makes a "gonk" sound as it waddles towards the Outlaw Star. A Bimm CUSTOMS OFFICIAL, a 5-foot-tall, half-furred alien who looks like "Gizmo" from "Gremlins", smiles as he watches the gangplank lower, hissing and venting gas.

CUSTOMS OFFICIAL: "Greetings, gentle beings!" he says to the four men, two women, and a droid who exit the ship. "Welcome to the Tower of Law on Bimmisari! If there is anything I can do for you, please, do not hesistate to ask."

Six-Four approaches him. His bandage has been removed. In the place of his blasted eye, Six-Four now has a cybernetic one. The iris of the mechanical eye shows a crosshair.

SIX-FOUR: "Anywhere to get a cold drink?"

CUSTOMS OFFICIAL: "Ah yes! You should try 'The Dancing Twi'lek'. It is a favourite spot for many off-world travellers."

SIX-FOUR: "Good," he says, as he walks past the Customs Official. The Customs Official rushes back to stand in front of the armoured man. The furry creature barely rises to Six-Four's chest.

Six-Four looks down at him.

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah?"

CUSTOMS OFFICIAL: "I am sorry, but there is some business that we must first take care of. Do you have anything to declare?"

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah. Don't go to Naldar."

CUSTOMS OFFICIAL: "You must also leave any and all implements of violence on your ship. Bimmisari is a strictly non-violent world. If you wish to take any weapons into the Tower of Law, you must first fit them with a disabler." He pulls out a handful of small, round devices.

RAYNOR: "No thanks, we'll just leave them on the ship."

CUSTOMS OFFICIAL: "Excellent. I hope your stay here is peaceful and enjoyable. Enjoy your stay on Bimmisari!"

The Customs Official leaves. Raynor turns to the rest of the group.

RAYNOR: "So," he says, rubbing his hands together, "who's up for checking out 'The Dancing Twi'lek'?"

Six-Four nods his assent.

SIX-FOUR: "I could use a drink."

LITA: "I'm going to stay here and see what I can do with my ship."

TREVOR: "I guess me and A1 will help out the 'captain'. Hardly see the point, since we're not getting paid..."

LITA: "We told you, you're going to get a share of the loot once we sell it."

TREVOR: "Yeah, yeah."

RAYNOR: "See you guys later. Women await!"

INT. THE DANCING TWI'LEK - NIGHT

The Dancing Twi'lek is a large cabaret, but the dark lighting makes it seem private. Twi'lek girls, each in amazing shape and at the peak of her beauty, dance in an old-fashioned chorus line. Lonely spacers and traders watch greedily.

Raynor and Six-Four are sitting at a booth. Two Twi'lek dancers in casual clubbing clothes are sitting with them, laughing and giggling. HEZAH RIONAN, a Twi'lek who wears her beauty like a mask, is sitting next to Six-Four, talking in the low tones of intimacy.

Lita and Trevor enter the bar. Lita looks around for Raynor and finds him, shaking her head when she sees the girls.

LITA: "Typical," she says, smiling.

Trevor follows her to Raynor and Six-Four's booth. He looks uncomfortable.

Lita pulls up a chair at the booth and straddles it. Trevor sits down, forcing Raynor and the Twi'lek all over him to slide down.

Hezah Rionan looks at Lita and starts. She shoots daggers at Lita with her eyes.

LITA: "Hey guys. Me and Trevor have got the Outlaw Star fixed up."

RAYNOR: "Well, have a drink with us."

Lita notices Hezah's hundred-parsec stare and shrugs it off.

LITA: "Actually, I'm going to see if I can get a cargo. I need to make some money."

RAYNOR: "Fine with me." He looks up, across the room. "If there's anything shady about the cargo, you might want to be careful." Raynor points.

A group of six Imperial Naval Troopers have entered the room. The dancing stops and the music jars to a halt. From behind the Troopers, a black-clad Imperial Customs Official walks in - one GALVIN SOTO. Galvin Soto is a middle-aged, balding man with a physique broken by too much time behind a desk.

Galvin Soto walks stiffly onto the stage.

GALVIN SOTO: "I am looking for this man," he says, pulling out a holo-player. The hologram shows a dark, scarred pirate. "His name is Devek Mar, and he is wanted on many counts of piracy. There is a ten-thousand credit reward on his head - dead or alive. Anyone who knows anything is expected to come forward. The penalty for aiding and abetting a criminal such as this is hard labour on an Imperial mine."

Galvin Soto flicks off the holo-player. He starts to leave the stage, but spots someone in the distance. He squints, and his face shows surprise. He steps off the stage and walks straight for Raynor, flanked with his Naval Troopers.

GALVIN SOTO: "Raynor Onass. You scum."

RAYNOR: "Galvin Soto," he says as if to an old friend. "I haven't seen you since... since you got reamed out for arresting me without cause. How did that work out with you? I heard your boss wasn't too happy to see 'such a fine and upstanding citizen' detained."

GALVIN SOTO: "I know you were smuggling," he says, anger simmering in his voice. "I would have been able to prove it-"

SIX-FOUR: "If you weren't an idiot?"

GALVIN SOTO: "Damn you, Raynor! Men, search them!"

The Troopers search the group. They offer no resistance, and Raynor actually looks pleased.

RAYNOR: "When are you going to stop bothering good citizens and go after some real criminals?"

GALVIN SOTO: "I should arrest you right now-"

RAYNOR: "Just try it," he says, dropping the old friend tone. "We aren't in the core. There isn't any Imperial presence here on Bimmisari. You know you'd have to let me go - you got nothing on me. And when you :):):):) up again, your brass is going to bust you down to droid detail." He smiles: pure :):):):):):):):). "So why don't you just :):):):) off?"

GALVIN SOTO: "One day," he fumes, "I'm going to see you pay!"

He turns and leaves with the Troopers.

SIX-FOUR: "Old friend of yours?" he asks, turning to Raynor.

RAYNOR: "We go way back. Good times."

Lita sighs.

LITA: "Well, that was exciting. I'm going to take off."

RAYNOR: "See you later." The Twi'lek girl sitting on his lap whispers something in his ear. "Actually, we are going to head off too. I'll see you guys tomorrow." They slide out of the booth and stand up, the girl fixing her skirt in order to keep at least a minimum of modesty.

An attractive WAITRESS approaches the table. Something about her looks off.

WAITRESS: "Do you want another round?" She speaks in a tinny voice that sounds like a melange of all the current sex-symbols in the galaxy.

TREVOR: "Yeah, babe." He smiles at her and puts a credit in her stocking. When he touches her, she flickers, and her true form is revealed - a serving droid overlaid with a hologram.

SIX-FOUR: "Kid, you need to get out more."

Lita stands up from her chair and walks away.

LITA: "See you later."

ragboy

Explorer
LostSoul said:
It also helps when I throw out a cutscene or a montage for the players, since I write those in the same format. Helps us stay in the Star Wars frame of mind.

Definitely. I also wanted to comment (after reading how you ran the game) that starting a session in the middle of the action is the absolute best way to do it. The look on the player's faces when the first thing out of your mouth is 'roll your spot/listen/whatever' checks is priceless. I mix it up a bit and start at the tail end of a conversation on session, then do a battle to start the next session, then a crashing ship...whatever fits the story. Sometimes, instead of playing out the background, I hand out 'what came before' in written form the first time we take a break. Sometimes works better, but sometimes not. Depends, I guess.

Anyway...still reading. Keep up the great work.

Artellan

First Post
TREVOR: "Yeah, babe." He smiles at her and puts a credit in her stocking. When he touches her, she flickers, and her true form is revealed - a serving droid overlaid with a hologram.

SIX-FOUR: "Kid, you need to get out more."

Ha ha. Poor Trevor. Bad time to fail your spot/knowledge check.

This story is keeping me very entertained. I was away from ENWorld for a week or so, and was very pleased to see all the new posts. Keep up the good work!

- Artellan

LostSoul

Adventurer
Lita strikes a Deal, Six-Four gets a job, and something shady takes place...

INT. THE NEW MOON CLUB - NIGHT

The New Moon Club is a small social house run by the infamous Cerean gangster ORI MAAV. He is sitting at a table, surrounded by bodyguards, reading a datapad.

Lita and a MAN walk in.

MAN: "There he is - if you want to pick up a cargo, he's the guy to talk to."

Lita looks at Ori Maav. The Cerean smiles at her, full of teeth. Lita curses.

LITA: "Damn," she says, turning to the Man, "I know that bastard. Why didn't you tell me who it was?" The Man shrugs.

MAN: "How was I supposed to know you had a history?"

ORI MAAV: "Lita Moren," he calls to her, in a sickly-sweet voice, "it's been too long. How have you been?"

Lita approaches Ori Maav.

LITA: "I'm fine. Except for the whole 'you trying to kill me' thing."

ORI MAAV: "Ah, that was a simple misunderstanding. I didn't realize it was you flying that ship."

LITA: "Hmmph. Right."

ORI MAAV: "But I doubt you're here to rehash old experiences. I might have some work for you. You still fly the 'Outlaw Star', do you not?"

LITA: "That's right."

ORI MAAV: "She's an excellent ship - you should be proud of her. Although I expect the upkeep demanded by the Twin Hutts makes life difficult."

LITA: "I can handle it."

ORI MAAV: "I'm sure you can. So - a job. I have need of a fast ship to take a cargo out to the Ottega system."

LITA: "Cargo? I'm not going to be a drug bantha for you."

ORI MAAV: "Lita, do you think I would ask you that, knowing our history together? I know your objections - I find them amusing. No, this cargo is legitimate. Twenty tons of industrial-strength cooling units. I need them delivered to one Gordin Fin."

LITA: "That's it? No catch?"

ORI MAAV: "None."

LITA: "So what does it pay?"

ORI MAAV: "Twenty-five hundred now, the same on delivery."

LITA: "Twenty six - and if there are any drugs on board, I'm dumping the whole shipment."

ORI MAAV: "Do as you will. I have another proposition for you. Gordin Fin has made the aquaintance of an esteemed doctor - Tegoran Alphan. I would like you to bring him back to me, for another twenty-six hundred."

LITA: "Okay... but if there's any funny business-"

ORI MAAV: "Don't you trust me?"

LITA: "-the deal's off."

ORI MAAV: "Very well. I'll send the cargo to your bay in the morning. Docking bay 3-18, isn't it?"

LITA: "Yes," she says, somewhat surprised. "Tomorrow then."

She turns and walks out of the club.

EXT. THE TOWER OF LAW - DOCKING BAY 3-18 - NIGHT

Six-Four walks to the Outlaw Star. He punches in a code, and the gangway drops down. Before he enters, he stops, and scans the docking bay.

All he sees is darkness.

He enters the Outlaw Star, closing the hatch behind him.

From behind one of the fuel dispensors, a black figure steps out of the dark, moving with femnine grace. She walks to the Outlaw Star's cargo bay door and pulls out a small security kit. She plugs it into the locked door and fiddles with it; moments later, the lock turns green and the bay door opens a crack.

She slips in.

INT. OUTLAW STAR - NIGHT

Six-Four is undressing in his bunk. He fingers one of the many scars that criss-cross his body, and then touches his new cybernetic eye. He snaps it back in surprise when his comlink starts to ring.

SIX-FOUR: "Hello?"

DOREB SILVAN: (via comlink) "Six-Four! Good to hear you're still alive. I guess you made it off Naldar okay?"

SIX-FOUR: "No :):):):). So what's up?"

DOREB SILVAN: (via comlink) "I've got a sort-of job for you. You know Orlon Dhek, right?"

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah..."

DOREB SILVAN: (via comlink) "About two weeks ago he came to me, looking for some work. Used your name as a reference. The guy seemed trustworthy, so I gave him a job. I sent him to take a look around the Lol sector. I've got some spotty reports that Imperials have heightened their presence there. Didn't know why - there's nothing out there. So I sent Orlon to have a look."

SIX-FOUR: "And?"

DOREB SILVAN: (via comlink) "And he's not reported in yet. I want you to head over to Lol and see if you can find him. I'm willing to pay you half of Orlon's fee if you find him; if he's dead, I'll turn it all over to you."

SIX-FOUR: "No problem."

DOREB SILVAN: (via comlink) "All right. Keep in contact. I don't want to have to send someone else to look for you if you disappear."

SIX-FOUR: "If I disappear, it means I'm dead."

DOREB SILVAN: (via comlink) "Classic Six-Four," he laughs. The comlink cuts out.

Six-Four lies down on his bunk and stares at the ceiling.

LostSoul

Adventurer
ragboy said:
I also wanted to comment (after reading how you ran the game) that starting a session in the middle of the action is the absolute best way to do it.

We've been lucky with this, since I keep writing up too much material for the time we've got. So every week (well, almost), we end on a cliffhanger that leads right into combat in the next session.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Another cliffhanger, or Who's spice is this?

EXT. THE TOWER OF LAW - DOCKING BAY 3-18 - MORNING

It is a clear, sunny day on Bimmisari. Lita Moren and Trevor are busy removing the fuel lines and going over the ship one last time. Six-Four and Raynor are following Lita as she moves around the ship.

LITA: "It's my ship, so I don't see why I should have to pay you if we go anywhere. I made that cargo deal - if you want a cut, go buy your own ship."

SIX-FOUR: "I might as well book transport on another vessel then! We're your crew, we should get a share."

LITA: "Fine, fine. But you'll have to chip in to help me keep up the payments with the Twin Hutts."

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah, whatever. So we're going to Lol after you drop off your cargo?"

LITA: "Yeah, okay."

Lita steps into the cargo bay and starts going through the cooling units.

TREVOR: "What are you looking for?"

LITA: "I want to make sure we aren't carrying any drugs."

RAYNOR: "Drugs? What kind of guy are you working for?"

LITA: "A real bastard. He tried to kill me once."

SIX-FOUR: "And you're still working with him? What, are you crazy?"

LITA: "It should be okay. He promised me that everything was legit-"

TREVOR: "I don't think so..."

Trevor pulls out a pound of yellow-brown spice from under the speeder. A1 rolls up to him and beeps, scanning the spice with an electronic eye.

LITA: "That bastard! He told me he wasn't going to do anything like this!"

RAYNOR: "Why would he go to all this trouble for just a pound?" he asks, mainly to himself.

Raynor doesn't get time to answer his own question. A VOICE enlarged with a loudspeaker booms out.

VOICE: "This is Imperial Customs Captain Galvin Soto! We are going to search your vessel on suspicion of narcotics trafficking!"

Everyone looks at each other. It's obvious what they are thinking - "oh, :):):):)."

RAYNOR: "Let me try and handle him. You guys - hide that."

Trevor hands the spice to A1, who scoops it up and places it in a hidden compartment.

Raynor exits the ship. Galvin Soto is standing there with a dozen NAVAL TROOPERS. Two of them are carrying a large, coffin-shaped scanning pod.

GALVIN SOTO: "Men, board that ship and scan it." Six Troopers, and the two with the scanning pod, enter the Outlaw Star.

RAYNOR: "No need for that-"

GALVIN SOTO: "Don't listen to anything he says. Somebody, cuff him."

RAYNOR: "Now, Galvin," he says while letting the Troopers cuff him, "let's be reasonable here."

GALVIN SOTO: "Sergeant, if he talks again, you have my permission to shoot him." He turns to Raynor and puts his finger in the scoundrel's face. "This time, I've got you. Someone tipped us off to your illegal activities. You're not getting away. You will pay."

INT. OUTLAW STAR

The Naval Troopers are digging through everything. They are throwing clothes and personal goods all over the floor, turning up mattresses, scattering hygine products. Six-Four is watching with a stoic face.

SIX-FOUR: "You're not going to find anything-"

One of the Troopers bangs into a wall, which slaps open, revealing a closet. More important, however, is the suit of STORMTROOPER ARMOUR that falls out. The Trooper looks at it and his mouth drops.

NAVAL TROOPER: "They've got damaged Stormtrooper armour in here! Blast 'em!"

The Trooper pulls his blaster...

We cut the screen into four separate panels. In the first one, we see Six-Four grimace and reach for his pistol. His panel freezes, and the second panel appears. In it, we see Lita in the cargo bay, a look of panic on her face and two guns trained on her. The third shows Trevor in the cockpit, going for his gun. And the last shows Raynor, magna-cuffed, with Galvin Soto staring at him, surrounded by Naval Troopers.

FADE TO BLACK​

TO BE CONTINUED...

ROLL CREDITS

Artellan

First Post
Raynor doesn't get time to answer his own question. A VOICE enlarged with a loudspeaker booms out.

VOICE: "This is Imperial Customs Captain Galvin Soto! We are going to search your vessel on suspicion of narcotics trafficking!"

Everyone looks at each other. It's obvious what they are thinking - "oh, :):):):)."

Ha ha. LostSoul, you deserve a nominattion to the rat-bastard DM (GM?) list.

Hey, I was thinking, when you post swears in your story you might be better off asterisk-ing out the vowels or whatever, so we can tell you mean "bullsh*t" instead of just seeing ":):):):):):):):)".

Anyway keep up the good work and don't keep us in suspese too long before the next post! I'm guessing the Imperials will capture them, although they do always seem to have some tricks up their sleeves (especially six-four).

- Artellan

LostSoul

Adventurer
A long time ago in a galaxy far,
far away...

A vast sea of stars serves as the backdrop for the main title. War drums echo through the heavens as a roll-up slowly crawls into infinity.

STAR WARS

EPISODE III: A GATHERING SHADOW

The world of NALDAR is at WAR.
After the destruction of the
dreaded DEATH STAR, Imperial forces
have retaliated with a full-scale
invasion.

Using secret Imperial plans, our
heroes fought back against the
onslaught, foiling the EVIL GALATIC
EMPIRE'S plans for a quick and
bloody victory.

Our heroes have run the Imperial
blockade of Naldar in hopes of
evading the Empire's reach, only to
find that it is very long indeed...​

The dashing scoundrel RAYNOR ONASS is surrounded by four IMPERIAL NAVAL TROOPERS. He's handcuffed and unarmed. His old rival, Imperial Customs CAPTIAN GALVIN SOTO is standing a few feet away from him. On Galvin Soto's comlink, a VOICE shouts out:

VOICE: (via comlink) "They've got damaged Stormtrooper armour in here! Blast 'em!"

ROLL FOR INITIATIVE...

Raynor, with his hands manacled, relies on the only weapon he has: his tongue.

RAYNOR: "Galvin, don't be stupid. You know why I'd have stormtrooper armour? It's because I'm working for the ISB. Put it together." He sighs. "I shouldn't even be telling you this. You ever wonder why you got busted the last time you picked me up? I'm a contract agent for the Bureau."

Galvin Soto seems unsure of himself. To his credit, he only takes a moment to respond.

GALVIN SOTO: "I don't care if you change the Emperor's diapers." He turns to his men. "Men! Bring him back to the ship. We'll validate his story there."

Raynor curses.

INT. OUTLAW STAR - CREW BUNKS

SIX-FOUR is standing in one of the ransacked crew quarters, staring at two Imperial Troopers. They've both got their pistols drawn, but seem unwilling to fire at the bounty hunter. Maybe it's the cybernetic eye with crosshairs in place of a pupil that's got them cowed.

Six-Four smiles.

In the blink of an eye, he's pulled out his pistol and is snapping off shots. BOOM! BOOM! The Outlaw Star echoes with two shots fired in rapid succession. One of the Troopers goes down, smoking from two holes in his armour.

The other Trooper fires his own shot from shaking hands. It goes astray.

Six-Four smiles.

TREVOR, wearing gear-stained overalls and gloves, hears the shots ring out. He ducks behind a control console, hoping to cover himself from the two NAVAL TROOPERS watching him.

He turns to his spidery-looking, heavily modified R2 droid, A-ONE.

TREVOR: "Start powering up the ship, A-One!"

A-One plugs himself into the ship's controls. He beeps and whirrs. The ship shakes for a moment as main power starts to come on-line.

NAVAL TROOPER #1: "What are you doing back there?"

NAVAL TROOPER #2: "Who cares, blast him!"

Trevor furiously reprograms the ship's life-support system. Gravity is suddenly doubled. The Troopers struggle to stay on their feet, but keep their balance.

Trevor pokes his head up to see what's happened. Two blaster bolts ZIP past his head, exploding into the ship's console in a shower of sparks.

INT. OUTLAW STAR - CARGO BAY

LITA MOREN is standing in the half-filled cargo bay of the Outlaw Star. Her eyes are wide. She's staring down the barrel of two blasters.

Suddenly, she is THRUST to the ground as the gravity kicks in. The two NAVAL TROOPERS pointing pistols at her stagger and, while trying to maintain balance squeeze off two shots. Lita rolls on the ground, and both bolts miss her by MILLIMETRES.

LITA: "Stop shooting! Don't hurt my ship!"

On her back, she manages to pull out her heavy blaster pistol and FIRES a shot at the Troopers. The bolt SAILS between the Troopers, lighting up their faces for a moment, and hits the back wall of the cargo bay. A small, smouldering hole is left.

LITA: "Oh, my ship!"

A squad of four NAVAL TROOPERS shove Raynor Onass. Their captain, Galvin Soto, takes a step back and watches Raynor while listening to the screams bursting forth from his comlink.

VOICE: (via comlink) "Juicy's down - this cyborg's tough - AARGHHH!"

GALVIN SOTO: "Bring him!" he yells to the troops holding Raynor.

The Troopers push Raynor forward. Raynor takes one awkward step, planting it heavily on the ground. He looks up at Galvin and smiles, then SOMERSAULTS into a backwards roll and breaks into a run for the ship. He opens up the hatch before anyone reacts, and waves at Galvin as the hatch door SLAMS shut behind him.

Galvin Soto pulsates rage. He presses a button on his comlink, shutting off the screams, and starts speaking into it. His voice is too quiet for us to hear. He turns and walks out of the docking bay.

The Naval Troopers rush to the door and bang on it inefficiently.

INT. OUTLAW STAR - MAIN HATCH

Raynor is breathing heavily, trying to keep the hatch shut. It opens a crack, then slams shut again, then jerks open, and slams shut once more. Raynor slams his fist into the controls, and that seems to do it.

He sighs and wipes his brow. He turns to see two NAVAL TROOPERS. They are unarmed and holding a large, coffin-like scanning pod. They are looking at Raynor, not sure what to do.

Raynor looks right back at them.

RAYNOR: "Boo!"

The Naval Troopers drop the scanning pod and run away.

Trevor is still crouched down behind the control console, facing two Naval Troopers, with A-One plugged into the ship. But now he's got a gun.

Trevor moves out of cover to shoot one of the Troopers, who spins around in a pirhouette before falling to the ground. The other Trooper levels his pistol at Trevor, who doesn't have the time to dodge, and a BLAST rings out.

The Trooper's eyes go wide. He opens his mouth to speak, but only a thin trickle of blood comes out. He collapses to the ground.

Trevor runs to the edge of the cockpit's access hatch and looks down the ladder well. He sees Six-Four at the bottom.

SIX-FOUR: "I should keep a running tab on how many times I've saved your lives."

Six-Four heads out.

INT. OUTLAW STAR - CARGO BAY

Lita Moren is rolling on the ground, shooting at two NAVAL TROOPERS. They've taken cover behind one of the industrial cooling units that Lita has packed in here for transport. Scars mar the cooling unit and the floor by Lita.

Lita sends another blast into the cooling unit.

LITA: "This just isn't my day."

The camera switches to the Trooper's perspective. One of them lines up a shot at Lita that's sure to hit.

SIX-FOUR: "Surprise."

Six-Four enters the cargo hold with his blaster levelled at the Trooper's head. BANG! The Trooper doesn't have a head left to aim at.

The last remaining Trooper looks at Six-Four in shock and turns to face him. He is KNOCKED to the ground by a blast from Lita. He moans as Six-Four stands over him.

SIX-FOUR: "Saving lives, it's what I do best." Six-Four blasts the Trooper out of existence. He walks over to Lita and extends a hand. Lita takes it and stands up.

LITA: "Look at the mess!"

SIX-FOUR: "Yeah, look at that."

LITA: "Where's Raynor?"

On cue, Raynor enters the cargo bay.

RAYNOR: "Looks like you don't need my help after all." He holds out his cuffed hands. "Somebody want to take care of this for me?"

Six-Four blasts the magna-cuffs.

The ship's intercom squacks to life.

TREVOR: (via intercom) "Guys, you should get up here."

Raynor, Six-Four, and Lita throw glances at each other and head up to the cockpit.

Trevor is sitting at the controls. He points to a flashing light on one of the screens.

TREVOR: "Looks like we're going to get some company soon."

Lita pushes Trevor out of the way and takes a look at the screen. It shows an Imperial Customs Frigate closing in on the Outlaw Star.

LITA: "Great." She sits down in the pilot's chair and revs the engine. The Outlaw Star shudders and lifts off.

TREVOR: "He's closing on us-" Trevor's statement is punctuated by a flurry of lasers. The Outlaw Star shakes.

LITA: "Not for long." She GUNS the throttle and her pride and joy EXPLODES out of the Starport and into the sky. The sensor screen shows the Frigate losing ground.

EXT. BIMMISARI SPACE

The Outlaw Star leaves Bimmisari and Galvin Soto behind. The Outlaw Star lurches for a moment, then SPRINGS into hyperspace.

Remove ads