Star Wars Minatures: Who's Buying?

Star Wars Minis: Who's Buying?

I'd really like to collect all the stormtroopers and BobaFett, but then I realized I have absolutely no use for them. So why bother. I'll just put that money into D&D.

JDragon

Explorer
I picked up a starter and 1 booster at my FLGS yesterday. My "Rare" in the booster was the Emporer (Actually an Ultra Rare), so for the fisrt game I had 3 minis to get my 100 point group. Darth Vader, Emporer and Storm Trooper to open the doors. :p

I have been playing D&D Skirmish for about 3 months as well. The SW minis look as good or better than the one from Giants of LEgend, and will hopefully get better as more sets come out.

I picked up a second booster later in the day and pulled the Stormtrooper on Speeder Bike as my Ultra Rare, yeah me.

So with 23 minis, I have multiple options for putting together an Imperial group and 1 using Rebel with a large # of Fringe to support it. Which works for me as I know I'll end up with more at some point.

Overall I would say they are good and the game seems like a good adaption from the D&D skirmish rules.

Neo

Explorer
I'll wait and see what figures are available first. Doubt I'll buy it for a miniatures game but will almost certainly get some of the figures for use with the RPG.

will probably wait and get the specific figures I want from off EBAY in all honesty though as I did with the D&D ones. The Mystique of not knowing what your getting is great if your 10, but when your 31 and running a game that needs specifics you tend to need to know what your getting :)

KenM

Banned
Banned
They have a fig gallery on the WOTC SW mini site. I have a couple more questions:
1. I know the starters come with Luke and Vader, but do you get other rares in the starter?.

2. How many figs in a starter/ booster?

3. If you get an Ultra rare in a booster, do you also get a rare in same booster?

John Crichton

First Post
KenM said:
They have a fig gallery on the WOTC SW mini site. I have a couple more questions:
1. I know the starters come with Luke and Vader, but do you get other rares in the starter?.

2. How many figs in a starter/ booster?

3. If you get an Ultra rare in a booster, do you also get a rare in same booster?
1. No, just the same Luke & Vader figs.

2. Starter: 10. Booster: 7.

3. The Super rare takes the place of the normal rare.

KenM

Banned
Banned
So, the boosters are the same price as the DnD minis, but you get one less fig per booster? :\ DnD mini boosters come with 8.

scourger

Explorer
wait & see for me

I would buy it & try it, especially if it would encourage my SW RPG GM to run the game again. On balance, I have little other use for the minis since I would want an all-Jedi campaign if I had my druthers as a player or GM. The figs in this set look cool, but are obviously specific to the Rebellion Era.

haiiro

First Post
KenM said:
So, the boosters are the same price as the DnD minis, but you get one less fig per booster? :\ DnD mini boosters come with 8.

I only bought D&D minis from the first set, so I don't know if this was true in the later ones, but the cards that come with the SW minis are in color. Perhaps that factors in?

Remove ads