• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Republic and Empire (OOC thread)

Songdragon

Explorer
Great. Not sure how you wish to intro Xiralaz to the the others. Looking at the IC posts, depends how far away Zee is and how big the fighter is. I know most are one man craft, but there were modified B-Wings that held two. Whatever works best for you though.

What what would the minor rank that Xira hold be?

Ready to start whenever you need me to. :)

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I'd really like to have six active players, so if you'd like to poke around this thread, the IC thread, and the characters thread and then post an idea (or ask me any questions), go ahead.
Thanks. I will look around. It will take me some time though, so what kind of a time frame are you looking at for injecting a 6th player? Songdragon looks ready to go and I don't want to delay Xira's IC entrance. .

By time, I mean 1-2 days. I am a little busy with RL today and possibly tomorrow, I have to give priority to my DM duties.

drothgery

First Post
Great. Not sure how you wish to intro Xiralaz to the the others. Looking at the IC posts, depends how far away Zee is and how big the fighter is.

Zenith flies an E-Wing, which is a one-man fighter. Taelros carries nine E-Wings, and 3 P-Wing bombers (which are my creation; they're a product of the tech tree that means starship battles play out somewhat differently than in the canon Star Wars universe, and carry a pilot and two gunners; scan around the first few pages of this thread for 'proton missile').

What what would the minor rank that Xira hold be?

Since the Republic Navy of my alternate Star Wars universe has a more traditional rank structure than the Rebel Alliance did, you're an Ensign (which is the normal rank of a newly commissioned officer; Jedi, the top 1% of the class at the Republic Naval Academy at Anaxes -- which is not the source of all, or even most Republic officers, but career Navy line officers tend to come up through that track -- and a few other special cases start at Lt. (jg)).

drothgery

First Post
Thanks. I will look around. It will take me some time though, so what kind of a time frame are you looking at for injecting a 6th player? Songdragon looks ready to go and I don't want to delay Xira's IC entrance. .

I probably won't start you guys until this weekend (it'll probably be at the same time). Certainly not before tomorrow, and if you're not both ready by tomorrow evening (US/Pacific time) then it'll have to be over the weekend, as my tabletop game night is Thursdays and while I managed to slip away from work a bit today, there's no guarantee I'll be able to later this week.

Songdragon

Explorer
Alrighty then... I am ready to start whenever you need me. Like yourself I am on the west coast (pst). I do have most of the day to post as I work in the very early AM. Wednesday or the Weekend both work for me. I am looking forward to things to come.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Dang, should have asked this earlier. What roles need filling? With 5 characters already, everything could be covered.

Edit: Had some time today to look at the rules and other characters. Looks like a need for a Combat Medic or another Pilot.

For the Medic route either Soldier or Noble (Human) with 2 levels Jedi for some Force powers (like Vital Transfer). Anyone have an opinion to help me save time?

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Dang, should have asked this earlier. What roles need filling? With 5 characters already, everything could be covered.

Recapping the existing PCs again...

Lt. (jg) Zenith Khambatta - Human Scout 1 / Jedi 5 (Jedi Fighter Pilot) - Shayuri
Lt. (jg) Storm - Cathar Jedi 4/ Soldier 2 (Gunnery officer) - Blackrat
Lt. Cmdr. Rosa Merridon - Human Noble 3/Scoundrel 3 (Executive officer) - possum
Gunnery Sgt. Wes Colton - Human scout 6 (Marine gunnery sergeant) - Friadoc
Ens. Xiralaz - Verpine scoundrel 6 (junior engineering officer) - Songdragon

The most obvious hole is the lack of a medic (no one is trained in Treat Injury, and neither of the Jedi have force powers or talents in that direction), but despite that unfortunate incident with the cats, I think the PCs can live without a medic if you don't want to build one.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Appears we were writing at the same time. I did look at the other characters and saw there was no Treat Injury and I don't mind playing the medic. I am a flexible person. I was thinking Combat Medic (Jedi Healer type), not straight doctor. I just finished listening to the Medstar Books on audio format. Haven't worked the build yet, but I have been thinking on things and looking through the books.

For space combat ops, not sure what to do for those situations. Should I take Piloting for a co-pilot seat or just be a backup gunner? Or just stand by in case someone gets injured. Thus my initial indecision whether to take Noble or Soldier.

drothgery

First Post
Appears we were writing at the same time. I did look at the other characters and saw there was no Treat Injury and I don't mind playing the medic. I am a flexible person. I was thinking Combat Medic (Jedi Healer type), not straight doctor. I just finished listening to the Medstar Books on audio format. Haven't worked the build yet, but I have been thinking on things and looking through the books.

The only reservation I've got with a Jedi Healer type is that there aren't more than two hundred Jedi at this time, and four are already on one frigate (two are inactive/retired PCs) -- in a New Republic Navy with over 1400 first-line capital ships in its twelve fleets (which does not include local planetary defense forces).

Remove ads