Star Wars SAGA - Dawn of Defiance

Max

First Post
I'd like to play. I think a Trandoshan soldier would be my first choice (better get that out there before a wookie shows up!)

This Trandoshan would be following his family warrior tradition. Having been given early instruction in the martial arts, he has been sent out into the galaxy to hone his skills. The warrior tradition followed by his family teaches there must be honor in selecting your opponents to test your skills, so he seeks out conflicts that can use his skills. Now, this does not mean he's a paladin, by any means. The Trandoshan's view of honor in combat has more latitude than that, however he also has no interest in random violence "just for fun".

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
After seeing Max's honorable Soldier, how about a Twi'lek Scoundrel, an escaped slave-girl, who killed her owner and is on the run. That might bring her into contact with Alder, people on the run often run into each other. I don't play evil characters, but definately not honorable like Max's Trandoshan. Someone who's had to learn to be deceptive, and oppertuinist to survive her life up till now. I know she's a horrible cliche, but I find cliche's great starting points to play off of.

Wintergypsy

First Post
Okay all,

things seem to be going prosperous :)

Let's list characters shall we?

Dragoon-> droid
Blackrat-> Escaped Padawan
OnlytheSly-> I like your Zabrak idea, however his mother won't be travelling with him anymore as of the start of the campaign. I have one request: your character must be a slicer (if you're okay witht hat, he might've learned from his mother)
Max-> I like your Trandoshan warrior idea; but i would like to ask to flesh out the backstory more: i would like you to insert the idea that he is an outcast among trandoshans (you can make up why). I would also like you to add an element to his character that makes him a good person (though not as stiffheaded as paladins are.) Basically i want him to work for the 'good' cause.
Darwin-> your Twi'lek slave girl scoundrel is definately in.

I might accept one more player, on the condition that he/she creates a female character.

I also want one character, appart from the padawan, to be opposed to the Empire.

Max

First Post
Wintergypsy said:
Max-> I like your Trandoshan warrior idea; but i would like to ask to flesh out the backstory more: i would like you to insert the idea that he is an outcast among trandoshans (you can make up why). I would also like you to add an element to his character that makes him a good person (though not as stiffheaded as paladins are.) Basically i want him to work for the 'good' cause

I can work with that. Other than the outcast part, that is basically what I was going for. I can add in the outcast without trouble.

Max

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Kered Rinos]

Class: Scoundrel 1
Species: Zabrak
Origin: Iridonia
Height: 1.8m
Weight: 79kg
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Tan
Handed: Right

Abilities:
Str: 10 +0 mod
Dex: 14 +2 mod
Con: 12 +1 mod
Int: 14 +2 mod
Wis: 14 +2 mod
Cha: 12 +1 mod

HP: 19 (18 + 1 con mod)

Damage Threshold: 13

Speed: 6

Base Attack: +0

Defenses:
Fortitude: 13 (10 + 1 level + 0 class bonus + 1 con mod + 1 racial)
Reflex: 16 (10 + 1 level + 2 class bonus + 2 dex mod + 1 racial)
Will: 15 (10 + 1 level + 1 class bonus + 2 wis mod + 1 racial)

Weapons:
Blaster Pistol-- to hit: +2``dmg: 3d6``stun dmg: 2d6``RoF: S``Type: Energy
Knife:-- to hit +0``dmg: 1d4``Type: Slashing

Skills (4 + int mod) + 1 Skill Training (stealth)
Acrobatics: 7 (0 level + 2 dex mod + 5 training)
Deception: 6 (0 level + 1 cha mod + 5 training)
Knowledge: 7 (0 level + 2 int mod + 5 training)
(technology)
Mechanics: 7 (0 level + 2 int mod + 5 training)
Perception: 7 (0 level + 2 wis mod + 5 training)
Pilot: 7 (0 level + 2 dex mod + 5 training)
Use Computer: 7 (0 level + 2 int mod + 5 training)

Feats:
Weapon Proficiency (pistols)~~class feat
Weapon Proficiency (simple weapons)~~class feat
Point Blank Shot ~~ class feat
Skill Training (pilot) ~~ 1st level feat

Talents:
Gimmick--allows me to issue routine commands to a computer as a swift action

Racial Traits:
Heightened Awareness--may reroll any perception check, but must take the 2nd roll
Superior Defenses-- +1 racial bonus to defenses

Languages:
Basic
Zabrak
Mon Calamarian
Ryl

Equipment:

Blaster Pistol------------505 credits--1kg
Binder Cuffs--------------50 credits--.5kg
Concealed Holster--------50 credits--.2kg
Datapad--------------1,000 credits--.5kg
Datacards, blank(10)-----10 credits--.1kg
Power Recharger--------100 credits--1kg
Security Kit-------------750 credits--1kg
Utility Belt--------------500 credits--1kg
Knife--------------------25 credits--1kg
Mesh Tape---------------5 credits---.5 kg

*****Utility Belt includes: 3-day supply of food capsules, medpac, tool kit, spare power pack, spare energy cell, glow rod, com link, liquid cable dispenser with small grappling hook (I have places the mesh tape in one of the spare pockets)

Credits Remaining: 5
[/sblock]

Would appreciate help with this character. I've actually never made a scoundrel/slicer before. Any/all advise is welcome!

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Onlythestrong, the adventure uses maximum starting wealth for your class. You don't need to roll. So you should have 3k credits.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Here's my point-buy: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=1414846
I tried to pick powers that I considered to be ones that padawans might be taught early on. I also inted to use more that blaster than lightsaber, but if it comes necessary Alder will use the explanation of "Perhaps I killed a Jedi and took it from him" ;) . Here's sheet, check it and tell me if I missed some mistakes:
[sblock=Alder Antilles]
Human Jedi 1
---------------------------------------------
Height: 1.69 meters
Weight: 65 kg
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Green
Destiny 1 (Destruction); Force 5
Init (UtF) 6; Senses Perception 7
Languages: Basic, Ryl.
Defenses Ref 14 (flatfooted 12), Fort 13, Will 14
Hp 31; Treshold 13
Speed 6
Melee 2
-Lightsaber; 2d8+1
Ranged 3
-Blaster Pistol; 3d6
Base attack 1
str 12, dex 14, con 12, int 12, wis 14, cha 12

Talents: Force Intuition,

Feats: Force Sensitivity, Proficiency (Lightsaber, Simple, Pistol), Force Training,

Skills: Acrobatics 7, Perception 7, Pilot 7, Use the Force 6

Powers: Mind Trick, Negate Energy, Surge

Special: +1 Trained skill, +1 Feat.

Possessions: Lightsaber (Green), Blaster Pistol Licence, Blaster Pistol, Utility Belt, Mesh Tape, Hip Holster, Concealed Holster(For Lightsaber), 70 creds.[/sblock]
Alder Antilles (AKA Argo Leir)

Alder is young, rash and courageous Jedi-padawan who survived the Order 66 when his master sacrifised himself to give him a chance to escape. He decided to change his name to both escape the jedi-hunters and to signify his notion of beginning a new life after he fled jedi-hunters from Alderaan. The Force seemed to guide him to meet with the original owner of the name Alder Antilles as he lied dying. The man had suprisingly similar appearance to Argo and as he died Argo swapped identity with him becoming the young bounty hunter Alder Antilles. With great grieve he cut of his padawan-hair-braid, and changed to more common clothes of the mercenary. Officially the young padawan Argo Leir died by the blaster of Alder Antilles. When the imperials came he claimed to have killed this jedi laying at his feet and collected the bounty. He still continues to revere the jedi ways in secret but publically he has become a whole different man. Alder keeps the cut-off hair-braid with him in a secret locket intending of not leaving it until the jedi order has been restored and he can either grow a new one or be knighted.

EDIT: Edited the background a bit. He swapped identities with a dying bounty hunter who looked much alike him. This essentially means that he does have ID-papers for his new identity (although someone with already suspicious attitude might realize the deception). The bounty hunter was still a newbie in his career too so he wasn't well known but it is possible to meet someone who knew him which will probably lead to some inconvenient questions. The official story is now that Bounty Hunter Alder Antilles killed a young jedi-padawan and took his saber as a trophy.

Last edited:

Wintergypsy

First Post
Cool, there don't seem to be any problems with both your characters. If anyone spots a flaw in the others build you're free to report it of course.

As of now, both Alder Antilles and Kered Rinos have been approved.

Other players, please post your character sheets and get ready for some gaming action!

Remove ads