Star Wars SAGA - Dawn of Defiance

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'd be interested in joining, and can certainly play a female character if that is the condition. Currently I'm juggling between a soldier going for a pistoleer motiff and a noble going focusing on the Leadership talent tree. Human in either case, and currently leaning towards the pistoleer.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kered can be opposed to the Empire. I think it would be an interesting twist on him. Maybe an Imperial ship shot down the ship his mother was on?

Wintergypsy

First Post
Onlythestrong, i wouldn't make Kered opposed to the Empire from the start. I'd rather make him quite neutral to begin with, and then i can put the idea you mentioned of his mother being shot down in-game later on(storyline-wise). Is that okay for you?

Dalamar, you're in but i'd rather have you take the noble class (we already have a soldier and no nobles) HOWEVER you can pistoleer yr character by multiclassing later on or by focussing your noble on shooting action and proficiencies. And i like your nick...Dalamar is definately a kick-ass novel character...but nothing beets good ol' Raistlin ;)

Okay everyone, recruiting is closing down now and i'd like y'all to post your definitive character sheets here. Additional feedback provided when required. WHen all sheets are posted and approved, the thread will be posted in the "playing the game" section and action is on!

Good luck

Wintergypsy

First Post
Both the characters Kered Rinos and Alder Antilles already have their sheets up, and if their players are okay with it they're approved. If anyone wants to make changes...speak up now or be forever silent ;)

Dalamar

Adventurer
Duela Karlice
Medium Human Noble 1
Destiny 1 (discovery); Force 5
Init +8; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic, Binary, Dosh, Huttese, Rodese, Shyriiwook
-------------
Defenses Ref 15 (flat-footed 11), Fort 11, Will 13
hp 19; Threshold 11
-------------
Speed 6 squares
Melee Unarmed +0 (1d6+1)
Ranged Sporting blaster pistol +4 (3d4, accurate)
Base Atk +0; Grapple +0
Special Actions Born Leader
-------------
Abilities Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 15 Wis 12 Cha 15
Talents Born Leader
Feats Linguist, Martial Arts I, Weapon Focus (pistols), Weapon Proficiency (pistols, simple weapons)
Skills Deception +7, Initiative +8, Knowledge (bureocratics) +7, Knowledge (galactic lore) +7, Knowledge (tactics) +7, Perception +6, Persuasion +7, Pilot +8, Treat Injury +6
Possessions combat gloves, sporting blaster pistol with 3 energy cells, a power pack and a hip holster; utility belt with 2 aquata breathers, electrobinoculars and 3 binder cuffs; datapad with 10 blank data cards, credit chip with 795cr

Duela was a member of the local law enforcement. Not the easiest of jobs, but she enjoyed it. In fact, she was just about to be promoted when the Imperials suddenly waltzed in and made all the local officers into grunts and placed Imperials into all the positions with any actual power. She's been doing her job, crudgingly, but is growing more irritated at the pompous Imperials each day.

Hair: Dark, neck-length
Eyes: Brown
Height: 1.7m
Weight: 60kg

Last edited:

Max

First Post
Ok, here is Surussk, my Trandoshan soldier. I don't know much about Trandoshan society so if what I've written here doesn't match your vision, it can be edited.

Surussk CL 1

Medium Trandoshan soldier 1
Force 5; Dark Side 0
Init +6; Senses Darkvision, Perception +6
Languages Basic, Dosh, Durese

Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 14), Fort 15, Will 12
hp 33; Threshold 15

Speed 6 squares
Melee combat gloves +4 (1d6+4) or
Melee mace +4 (1d8+3) or
Melee mace +4 (1d8+6) with both hands or
Melee knife +4 (1d4+3)
Ranged blaster carbine +2 (3d8) or
Ranged blaster carbine -3 (3d8) with Autofire or
Ranged slugthrower pistol +2 (2d6)
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Atk Options Devastating Attack (pistol)

Abilities Str 16, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 8
Special Qualities Darkvision, Limb Regeneration
Talents Devastating Attack (pistols)
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium), Martial Arts I, Toughness, Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Initiative +6, Knowledge (Tactics) +6, Mechanics +6, Perception +6
Possessions combat gloves, blaster carbine, slugthrower pistol, mace, knife, blast helmet and vest (+2 armor), all-temperature cloak, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), concealed holster, pistol clip (x4), credits (212)

Notes:-
Surussk comes from a long line of distinguished T'doshok warriors. Although the family has had many noted warriors, it has fallen on hard times. The last two generations of the family, including Surussk's father, were killed over the last 10 years in various combats, leaving Surussk the last male in the line. If someone were paranoid, you might think someone was eliminating the family intentionally.

The family luck seemed to have turned around when Surussk was accepted into the Red Claw warrior society. One of the most powerful groups on warlike Trandosha, becoming a member guaranteed top notch training as well as valuable connections. Surussk was able to meet their exacting standards due to the training he received from his last remaining male relative, his grandfather Tusserk.

All of this came to a crashing end a few months ago. During a training exercise, a Wookie captive was brought in. Although no formal war exists with Kashyyyk at this time, lone Wookies are sometimes grabbed when the opportunity presents itself. The trainees were instructed to attack the bound captive. When it came time for Surussk's turn, he refused. While he has no love for Wookies, there was no honor in pummeling the Wookie if he was unable to defend himself. Normally, Surussk's refusal would have merely meant being dismissed from the Red Claw in disgrace. However, when the Training Master attempted to force Surussk to strike the Wookie, Surussk instead struck the Training Master, knocking him to the ground with a powerful blow. There was only one possible result of such an insult to the Red Claw - death. Surussk fled before the stunned students could think to detain him.

Surussk was able to contact his grandfather, who called in some favors from old military friends and got Surussk off planet before the Red Claw could find him. The only way he can return home will be as an honored warrior with many combats behind him. Surussk is now traveling the galaxy looking to use his warrior skills.

Surussk is a powerfully built Trandoshan, standing around 2 m tall and weighing 100 kg. His combative nature, combined with his large size, can be frightening to the average citizen. He has no interest in terrorizing the weak, however. Instead, he looks for opportunities to test himself against worthwhile opponents. His experience with Red Claw taught him that there are limits to how & when strength should be used. Of course, if someone pushes him he's more than ready to meet them half way. Or maybe a little more than half way.

Surussk's major weapons include a blaster carbine that has a sling attached. He has the sling looped over his head and right shoulder so the carbine hangs on his right hip. Normally the stock is folded back so it is used like a pistol. He also has a mace hanging from his belt on the left side, which he prefers to use when in close. There is also a slug thrower pistol that he in a concealed holster behind his back. It was a gift from his grandfather when Surussk came of age. He carries it to honor his grandfather.

Remove ads