• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Saga Edition [SECR] Preview #3 is Up

iwatt

First Post
Lot of info to process.

BTW, from the Jenalari defender it is clear that Skill Focus(Use the Force) is a feat.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Shalimar said:
Between Trained and Skill Focus: Use the Force I think that the listed uses of the force skills are givens.
Well, interesting that the sample character has Force Training (x2), so I wonder what each selection of the Force Training applies to...

Also, in the mini's section, Han Solo has a Force score of 5, but without any Force Feats, I wonder if he can actually use them for anything?

gribble

Explorer
SWSE Preview said:
A character must have the Force Sensitivity feat to use the Use the Force skill untrained, and only someone trained in Use the Force can activate Force powers.

So I'm guessing that there isn't a feat which allows you to become trained in a skill then, or else Force Sensitivty would be kind of a jib...

nerfherder

Explorer
Things I've noticed so far from the stat blocks:
  • HP seem pretty high, but I suppose they are 4th, 9th and 8th level.
  • Armour adds to Reflex Defence only - I was expecting it to add to Threshold.
  • Armour gives a penalty to Reflex Defence (but not skills) unless you are proficient in its use.
  • Threshold = Fort Defense in each example. Coincidence?
  • No iterative attacks for BAB 6+.
  • Rapid Shot and Mighty Swing add an extra damage dice to Ranged/Melee damage respectively.

Remove ads