• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars Saga RPG: Square Book? WTF

DethStryke

Explorer
Gundark said:
Mine deleted my WoW characters, then wiped my hard drive, slapped my kids, slept with my wife, and then set fire to my house....damn square books....never again

What do you call that?

The Aristocrats!

*rimshot*

DethStryke

Explorer
Nebulous said:
Mine should be here tomorrow!

That's what all five of my players are saying! :)

I just put in the order for them all. I'm super excited about it... almost as excited as I was when 3rd edition D&D came out. That's saying a lot, in my opinion.

DragonBelow

Adventurer
I got mine today, I know I like the contents from the previews alone.

I do not like the book shape, and I think the horizontal margins are too big, you can easily chop 1+" off of the top and bottom of the book without cutting text, I dare say the whole book would've fit in a standard sized 160-192 pages book.

Felon

First Post
The rectangular shape is bad for the spine and I wouldn't be surprised to hear lots of folks complaining about pages out of split bindings in the upcomng months. Not saying it'll happen for sure, but there's a reason books are usually rectangular.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I don't like the square size at all. It is awkward on my shelf and it seems like a sneaky way to boost the page count and make it seem bigger than it is so we don't really think about why it costs 40 bucks when it clearly is not packed as much as the prior books.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
It's moronic and inconsiderate. It doesn't line up on the shelves right, it's more awkward to carry, you can't keep loose sheets of paper in it without them sticking out and get messed up. This is what happens when you let the marketing weasels get involved. There is no good reason for it.

It might be square to make scanning/copying it more difficult. This is why the Hogshead edition of Nobilis was published in a similar format.

Nate Jones

First Post
Dragonblade said:
I don't like the square size at all. It is awkward on my shelf and it seems like a sneaky way to boost the page count and make it seem bigger than it is so we don't really think about why it costs 40 bucks when it clearly is not packed as much as the prior books.

I never quite understood this argument. How is page count in any way a reflection of the quality/value of the product. If the designers had simply added one-hundred pages of stills from the movie, would any extra content actually be added?

If I deleted all instances of repeated content in the original book, and then published this, how can it be argued that the second has less content than the first?

Skywalker

Adventurer
Dragonblade said:
I don't like the square size at all. It is awkward on my shelf.

I value width more than height. Nobilis was awkward on the shelf. Saga is unusual but the small size makes it much easier to use and is less intimidating to new buyers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads