• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars SAGA: Treasure of the Dowager Queen (OOC)

Diesel

First Post
(Recruiting is now closed)

I may be crazy, as Im currently running a Dawn of Defiance game, but I really love the SAGA ruleset. So Id like to start another Star Wars game.

This game was inspired by the Star Wars Underworld graphic novel/comic. A game based in the frontier and underworld parts of the SW universe. Great deeds and threats await of course, but the motivations may be different.

Setting is 100 BBY.
Characters will begin at level 2
3-5 players
No jedis- force sensitive characters are allowed
No droids
Core Rulebook only for now.
28 point buy
max credits at level 1

Max hp at first level. At each level after characters gain:

Noble and Scoundrel 4 hp + con modifier
Scout 5 hp + con modifier
Jedi and soldier 7 hp + con modifier

Also, I would actually like no humans- the idea of runing an all "alien" game appeals to me. But if you really want to be a Mandolorian (or something similar) and have an interesting concept, I'll listen.

This game may have a more D&D feel to it. Your characters are free agents, mercs, bounty hunters, regulators, etc..not evil but trying to get ahead. Heroes, albeit reluctant ones.

Last edited:

OutlawJT

First Post
Will you allow races from outside the Saga books? There are a few great online conversions for the Ultimate Alien Anthology which offers up close to a hundred extra species options.

Bialaska

First Post
Sounds interesting, I'm definitely interested. Got an idea for a Trandoshan Soldier who works for highest bidder as a mercenary.

Diesel

First Post
Ok the trandoshan and the Barabel sound fine with me. A very reptillian vibe so far :)

I was hesitant to include the conversions form Saga Edition but the community there does a pretty good job of checking each others work, so an "unofficial" race is probably going to be ok.

There is also a document that has several other expanded races collected from various offical sources which can be found here.

Opening the floodgates to include Alien Anthology species works for an this type of a game. So go crazy y'all.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Goodness gracious, another SW game! I wants in! The only reason I didn't jump at your DoD was 'cause I'm already playing it. How about another 'Dosh? I've got this pilot character ready that I never got chance to play...

I'll just copy/paste the character from the older thread. The background needs some work to be done, since it has a passage about Clonewars but I'll see to it later:

[sblock=S'Sheer]Trandoshan Noble 1/Soldier 1
Destiny ?; Force 6
Init 7; Senses Perception 5(+2)
Languages: Basic, Dosh, Bocce, Rodese, Bothese, Huttese, Binary.
---------------------------------------------
Defenses Ref 17 (flatfooted 16), Fort 18, Will 13
Hp 33; Treshold 18
Speed 6
Melee 4
-Vibro-Axe 2d10+7
Ranged 2
-Blaster Pistol 3d6+1
Base attack 1
str 16, dex 12, con 14, int 14, wis 8, cha 12

Talents: Wealth, Armored Defence

Feats: B=Toughness, N1=Linquistics, Weapon Prof.(Simple, Pistol), S1=Armor Prof.(Light), L1=Skill Focus (Pilot)

Skills: Deception 7, Gather Info 7, Initiative 7, Knowledge (Tactics) 8, Perception 5, Persuasion 6, Pilot 12, Use Computer 8

Possessions: Blaster Pistol 525 (Targeting Scope 100), Armored Flight Suit 4200 (Helmet Package 4000), Vibro-Axe 550, Credit Chip 100, Datapad 1000, All-Temperature Cloak 100, Utility Belt 500, Bandolier 100, Hip-Holster 25, Stun Grenade x2 525, (Credits=3075)[/sblock]

[sblock=Background & Description]Born to a wealthy clan of 'Dosh warriors S'Sheer has never felt poverty in his life, nor is he going to, thanks to the stipend his clan has given him. He was trained in traditional ways of 'Dosh, becoming a hardy warrior and was schooled to become officer. To get real battlefield experience he was sent with an mercenary-company to learn, but unfortunatily, the rest of the group got slaughtered in a battle against wookiees. S'Sheer was saved by a wandering stranger. He swore a life-debt as is customary for his people.

S'Sheer is quite reckless when let in the cockpit but his flying skills are no doubt extraordinary. He is not typical 'Dosh in that he is friendlier than his species' reputation but nevertheless he is as ferocious warrior as all his kin.

S'Sheer is short and agile for a 'Dosh, with almost black scales spotted with reddish tint. He has once lost an arm and for that reason his left hand and arm are a bit lighter shade than the other.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
[SBLOCK=Kyrssch . Trandoshan Mercenary]Kyrssch, Trandoshan Mercenary
Medium male Trandoshan Soldier 2
Force 6; Dark Side 0
Init +7; Senses Perception +1
Languages Basic, Dosh, Huttese

Defenses Ref 17 (flat-footed 16, +4 armor, +1 natural armor, +1 class, +1 dex), Fort 16 (+2 level, +2 class, +2 con), Will 12 (+2 level)
hp 43; Threshold 11

Speed 6 squares
Melee Vibro-Ax +6 (2d10+7) or Vibro-Ax +4 (3d10+7)
Ranged Slugthrower Rifle +3 (2d8+1)
Base Atk +2; Grp +6

Abilities Str 17, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8

SQ Darkvision, Limb Regeneration, Natural Armor 1, Bonus Feat (Toughness)
Talents Armored Defense
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light)*, Armor Proficiency (Medium)*, Weapon Proficiency (Pistols)*, Weapon Proficiency (Rifles)*. Weapon Proficiency (Simple Weapons)*, Toughness, Weapon Proficiency (Advanced Melee Weapons), Rapid Strike
* Starting feats
Skills Initiative +7, Knowledge (Tactics) +7, Treat Injury +6, Endurance +8

Possessions Vibro-Ax (Licensed, 550), Slugthrower Rifle (Licensed, 330), Combat Jumpsuit (1500), Utility Belt (500), Medpac (100)
Credits 20
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I had made a human force-user for the same game Blackrat was in.

I can change it's race and background, if you like:

Code:
Medium Human Jedi 1/Soldier 1
[B]Force[/B] 6 Dark Side 0
Init +8; Senses Perception +8
[B]Languages[/B] Basic, Sith
[B]Defenses[/B] Ref 15 (flat-footed 13), Fort 16, Will 15
[B]Hp[/B] 44; [B]Threshold[/B] 16
[B]Special Defenses[/B] -
[B]Speed[/B] 6 squares
[B]Melee[/B] lightsaber +2 (2d8) or
[B]Melee[/B] punch +2 (1d4) or
[B]Ranged[/B] Blaster pistol -1 (3d6) 
[B]Base Atk +2; Grp +2[/B]
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
[B]Talents[/B] Clear Mind, Armored Defense
[B]Feats[/B] Armor Proficiency (light), Force Sensitivity, Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, simple weapons),
Skill Focus (Use the Force), Force Training
[B]Skills [/B]Acrobatics +8, Initiative +8, Perception +8, Use the Force +10

[U]Force Powers:[/U]
Force Thrust, Mind Trick, Move Object

[U]Equipment:[/U]
Lightsaber
Ritual Armor -> Light cortosis armor.
 This is fashioned by the Jensaarai themselves.
 Probably as expensive as a lightsaber.
 He has it, but will not use it untill much later in the game.
 It is a background thing

Ion Pistol                      250  licensed
License                          13
Stun Batton                    15
Mace                              50
Combat Gloves              150

Blast Helmet and Vest    500

remaining: 222 credits
Marius is a human Jensaarai from the Suarbi system, in the Quence Sector, containing the planet Suarbi 7 and the primary star Suarbi. It is located in the Outer Rim between the Corellian Run and Rimma Trade Route.
After some "misunderstandings" between his force sect and the empire, the Jensaarai send him out to find other resistance groups aginst the emporer's rule. He is wary of other force-users and tries to keep his abilities secret. His secret possessions include his "ceremonial" armor, fashioned like a Corellian sand panther and his indigo lightsaber.

Remove ads