• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars SAGA: Treasure of the Dowager Queen (OOC)

Walking Dad

First Post
Diesel said:
Walking dad hows this for echani stats (as a near humnan race) .

I originally posted an unofficial version of the echani. However I think its not very well balanced. Heres my version which reflects their unarmed and martial background and prowess.

Let me know what you think.

[sblock]ECHANI
(Silver-haired near human)
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares.
Combat Ready: An echani may reroll any Initiative check, but she must take the second check result.
Echani gain Martial Arts I as a bonus feat.
[/sblock]

I'm fine with this. It seems not better or worse than human.

Working on revised stats and background (changed race, one class, grey jedi, dosh firnd... ok, it seems to be a complete new character :) )

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Walking Dad said:
(changed race, one class, grey jedi, dosh firnd... ok, it seems to be a complete new character :) )
I have no idea what you mean by that :uhoh: :lol:. Yeah, I needed only to chance two lines in the background and need to calculate abilities again. You could almost start from the scratch :D

Blackrat

Bialaska said:
There might be something in a book somewhere, but I just read over the description of the race in the SW Saga book and that one had no mention of honour. Honour is for wookies, Doshies are brutal, violent and driven.

Anyway, I'll consider it, been having several interesting ideas other than the Dosh.
Yeah, I just used my EU-fu :D on the background. Wookiees and 'Dosh are actually quite similar culturally. Both are quick to anger, and honour-bound races. In D&D terms you could probably call wookiees LG or LN and 'dosh LE :D. But S'Sheer is a bit more open and friendly than other 'dosh.

Walking Dad

First Post
Is the crunch alright?
I will doublecheck the wiki before posting background ;)

Code:
Medium Echani Jedi 2
[B]Force[/B] 6 Dark Side 0
Init +8; Senses Perception +8
[B]Languages[/B] Basic, Echani, Sith
[B]Defenses[/B] Ref 16 (flat-footed 13), Fort 14, Will 15
[B]Hp[/B] 44; [B]Threshold[/B] 16
[B]Special Defenses[/B] -
[B]Speed[/B] 6 squares
[B]Melee[/B] lightsaber +2 (2d8) or
[B]Melee[/B] punch +2 (1d4) or
[B]Ranged[/B] Blaster pistol +4 (3d6) 
[B]Base Atk +2; Grp +2[/B]
[B]Abilities[/B] Str 11, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 10
[B]Talents[/B] Force Intuition
[B]Feats[/B] Weapon Prof (Pistols), Force Sensitivity*,
Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber, simple weapons)*,
Martial Arts I*, Force Training
[B]Skills [/B]Acrobatics +8, Perception + 8, Use the Force +8

[U]Force Powers:[/U]
Force Thrust, Mind Trick, Move Object

[U]Equipment:[/U]
Ion Pistol                      250  licensed
License                          13
Stun Batton                    15
Mace                              50
Combat Gloves              150
Lightsaber

remaining: 722 credits (from 1.200)

Combat Ready: An echani may reroll any Initiative check, but she must take the second check result.
Echani gain Martial Arts I as a bonus feat.

Last edited:

Diesel

First Post
I will begin looking over characters soon, been busy last two days. Here is my opening crawl, to give you a better idea of the game:

Star Wars: Treasure of the Dowager Queen
Episode I: The Scorekeeper's Trophies

Outrage! That words dances on the lips of the citizens of the planet TRANDOSHA. From the temple of the SCOREKEEPER, the Trandoshan patron deity,
brazen thieves have stolen sacred relic trophies. The hunt begins for these defilers to score points with the godddess and redeem the sacrilege.

Meanwhile, high over the moon ALARIS PRIME, two opposing squadrons of ships stand locked in a stalemate. Tensions are high between the TRANDOSHANS and WOOKIES over rights to the moon
and armed conflict between the bitter rivals and neighbors seems imminent.

On the surface of Alaris Prime, the denizens of the small Trandoshan outpost FORT HSSKOR find themselves stranded by the defacto blockade of the moon. For an enterprising few however, these circumstances mean not misfortune, but opportunity.....

Diesel

First Post
OK I know I read somewhere about debts- here's the link from the web excerpt for the RCR Ultimate Alien Anthology book.

The blurb is under "Personality" description.

So we have a Dosh, Echani, Bothan, and Barabel. sigh so much for my all reptile game :)

Bialaska, I believe you are switching PCs and OutlawJT is still uncommitted. I'll look these over this weekend.

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
Diesel said:
OK I know I read somewhere about debts- here's the link from the web excerpt for the RCR Ultimate Alien Anthology book.

The blurb is under "Personality" description.

Oh, okay, thanks.

Oh well, now to find a race that isn't having any such honour.

Would you allow Falleen as a playable race?

Bialaska

First Post
After some consideration I think I'll just stick to my Trandoshan. Will just make sure I'm not saved by anyone and it'll be fine. Otherwise I might simply be one of those who doesn't put anything in those old stupid rules made by old stupid Doshies...

Blackrat

I recalculated the sheet with new ability scores. Should be right now. You should check through and let me know if there's anything wrong.

Remove ads