Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers]

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy. It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good. I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team. Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their...

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy.

It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good.

I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team.

Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their hand cut off?

Luke lives in Ireland, eh?

Question: WHY was there a map to Luke, and why was it split into two? I feel like I missed something. For that matter, why a map and not just some coordinates? Seems like a random puzzle set up for the sake of it.
ebdc7e9da0a98a020498d701b47512ef.jpg

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Is the star gone for good, or just temporarily?

Physics-wise, sucking *all* of the energy would cause at least a nova. But, Star Wars physics in play, so maybe that oughtn't be used as a reason.

TomB

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Everyone in Star Wars understands droid beeps. It's just one of the things about that universe.

Everyone except for Stormtroopers.

I have to say that I really liked Rey and Fin and of course Han and Chewie were fantastic.

But otherwise I really felt let down by this movie over all.

First was the Darth Vader-lite character who was super lame making Anakin look good in comparision.

Second was the New Death Star - just like the old one except ten times bigger and it fires suns at five planets at once! Oh my god some one needs to think these things through.

Third was having shields that you can go through at light speed. I mean WTF just send a ship through hyperspace and let mass times velocity do the trick for you.

Probably the only thing that could make this worse would be adding a Cylon in to the mix and wait...they did that too!

At least if there was a part in the movie where the bad guys F'd up then they were probably killed to make a point to the rest of us about how bad the bad guys were, right? Nope, but boy were random chairs etc in danger.

Such a disappointment. Abrams strikes again - is no franchise safe from his meddling?

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
This one we can answer - because hyperdrives don't go to coordinates. They follow paths - hyperspace lanes. It isn't enough to know where someone is, if you don't know the hyperspace lanes required to get there. Luke was reportedly going to find the first Jedi Temple, which would be on some out of the way world nobody's visiting any more, and the lanes might no longer be on the usual charts.

If the Force Awakens has taught us nothing it is that you do not need hyperspace lanes to go to hyperspace. Heh - you dont even need a nav computer.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Exactly - somewhere there is someone letting Abrams make movies.

Sorry, but in this case, Abrams delivered something that pleases the vast majority. He's by no means perfect, but in this case, for most folks, he did good work.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads