Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

possum

First Post
"If he is around, you may certainly look up Master Bnar while we're here. There are a few friends that I want to look up myself," Thy'Wen replies to Lorem's question. He chuckles slightly at Yeshua's comment and Voda's reply.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Voda Vosa said:
Voda seems offended by the comment done by his/hers companion. He/she looks at the human with his big eyes, and coil his tentacles around his staff. "My dear girl, how do you think I can move mi tentacles, or my face, or my facial tentacles, if there wasnt a protective tegument, flexible, and elastic, that covers my quitinous articulated shell. Of course I have skin, different from yours, as most of my biology. Your soft and weak skin can not compare with the Krevaaki hard and quitinous skin" says Voda with proud, looking to the window.

Yeshua quickly turns around looking shocked, "Did I say that out loud?! Er, sorry about that Voda, I didn't mean to uh... I'm not a girl by the way. Anariel and Kestrel are. You can tell because human women have-" he stops short as he realizes he's likely to end up offending Anariel next, if he continues. "Uh, hey, where's Kestrel? Is she sleeping? I'll go find her." With that, he quickly steps around Voda and back into the passenger area to find their youngest peer.

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel isn't in her cabin, but isn't hard to track down either. She's cleared out a fairly large swath in the cargo bay and is sparring with a hovering drone. No lightsaber though, she's practicing hand to hand combat in the traditional fluid Echani style. When Yeshua enters, she pauses and nods at him, her hair hanging lank around the crown of her head with sweat and he tunic only loosely belted over her bodysuit.

She nodded at the older Jedi. "We're here. I can feel them in the Force." The drone lunged at her, and she twisted to catch it and quickly turn it off. Her expression is a little...pensive.

"There are so many...and they shine so brightly." Kestrel focuses on Yeshua and asks, "Is it prideful to count ourselves among them?"

possum

First Post
"That for one thing," he says in reference to Yeshua's correction. "Do not worry," he adds, "I once committed a similar blunder with the king of a planet petitioning for help. If it wasn't for my Master, a major galactic incident would have likely happened."

Voda Vosa

First Post
By his/hers movments Voda seems confused, he turns to the young jedi as he goes in his search. "But you didnt finish explaining, how do you tell if a human is male or women? Wait dont go..." says Voda in vain, because his companion had run off. " I have never been able to tell the diference" he/she states a bit sad. "Although i think it must be done with the volumen of the torso, but i find this to be a very variable feature. For example Anariel seems to have a prety big torso volumen, but Yeshua dont. Then I may state: Anariel Woman, Yeshua: Male. But theres a problem call Kestrel, if did remember well, she is a woman, but her torso is much less voluminous... I must declare myself not capable to make the distincion."
In answer to his master: "I think then that we Jedi should have more instruction in which cultures and biologies have the species along the galaxy."

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
Shayuri said:
Kestrel isn't in her cabin, but isn't hard to track down either. She's cleared out a fairly large swath in the cargo bay and is sparring with a hovering drone. No lightsaber though, she's practicing hand to hand combat in the traditional fluid Echani style. When Yeshua enters, she pauses and nods at him, her hair hanging lank around the crown of her head with sweat and he tunic only loosely belted over her bodysuit.

She nodded at the older Jedi. "We're here. I can feel them in the Force." The drone lunged at her, and she twisted to catch it and quickly turn it off. Her expression is a little...pensive.

"There are so many...and they shine so brightly." Kestrel focuses on Yeshua and asks, "Is it prideful to count ourselves among them?"

Yeshua seems surprised by Kestrel's question, and somewhat confused, it takes him a while to anwswer. "I... don't think so. We are all Jedi, we're all allied in the force. Is something bothering you?"

Shayuri

First Post
"A little," the younger Jedi admits. She sets the drone in a niche in the bulkhead and walks towards the cargo bay door.

"To be prideful in one's abilities can lead to the Dark Side," she explains. "And yet, when I feel the Jedi in the Force, I feel they have accomplished so much. And of course, I'm Jedi, and will be a Knight someday. So it seems as if...to deny pride, I would have to decieve, and pretend as if my accomplishments and those of other Jedi were not -worthy- of pride. But there is no deception in the Force...so how can we master it, if we live lives where we do not acknowledge reality?"

She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, trying to sum up the basic question.

"How do we acknowledge our abilities and accomplishments, without becoming prideful and vulnerable to the Dark Side?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeshua has clearly been made uncomfortable by something Kestrel has said. "I..." He stops himself before he goes any further and falls silent. He looks downward, apparently in deep thought. "Maybe... I guess it really depends on your state of mind. You can be proud of something, without being 'prideful' can't you? You can have confidence in yourself without looking down on others, right? I guess you have to make your own decision, but that's what I believe."

Ambrus

Explorer
Following Voda and his master's conversation, the young neti offers his sympathy to the pair. "Gender of alien species can certainly be difficult to determine at a glance. But in turn consider the difficulty they must have in determining the gender of races such as ours, which don't easily conform to the experience they have with the unalterable gender-related states of their own species' members. Arboreal and krevaaki sexuality is a rather more involved topic for the uninitiated I believe. In either case, it requires patience, keen observation skills and a genuine interest in learning about species beyond one's own."

Turning his liquid amber eyes to regard the krevaaki studiously, Lorem addresses his fellow Padawan in soft bass tones. "For instance, unless I'm mistaken, you my dear Voda will soon be adopting feminine characteristics this season will you not?" (Knowledge: Alien Species +8)

Remove ads