Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

possum

First Post
Ambrus said:
Following Voda and his master's conversation, the young neti offers his sympathy to the pair. "Gender of alien species can certainly be difficult to determine at a glance. But in turn consider the difficulty they must have in determining the gender of races such as ours, which don't easily conform to the experience they have with the unalterable gender-related states of their own species' members.

OOC: Says the alien in which that the only known female of the species has breasts... And your knowledge check passes.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Since neti are naturally able to reconfigure their bodies into a myriad of shapes, I'm guessing that T'ra Saa consciously chooses to appear to have breasts; perhaps solely because she's involved with a human male. Being a plant, I doubt they're functional in a mammalian sense.

possum

First Post
I know, but I just had to mention it. How does that explain Falleen women, though? Implants?

As the conversation winds down, the transport lands near the library. The building is much taller than it seemed from the air, reaching several stories into the sky. There are a few Jedi walking around the area as you leave the ship, heading towards their missions or their own small acadamies. According to Master Thy'Wen's calculations, you have about one week (five days) to study up on the system and the situation, as well as take in the sights of the vast library and de facto Jedi headquarters. After that, he warns, you would probably arrive at the system too late to fully prepare for the pirates.

Ambrus

Explorer
Once out of the transport, Lorem grows a few decimeters to take advantage of the open air. Walking slowly, but with a longer stride then his companions, the neti offers an inquiry. "Has our mission briefing been scheduled yet Master? I believe we'd do best to arrange our limited time here as best as possible."

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel considers Yeshua's words, and nods. A moment later, the brief turbulance of landing gear being extended can be felt.

"Thank you, Yeshua. I'll think about that." She smiles at him. "We should fight sometime. I think you'd have a lot to teach."

Then she trots out, heading for her room to freshen up and get into fresh clothes before arriving at the pad.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"For instance, unless I'm mistaken, you my dear Voda will soon be adopting feminine characteristics this season will you not?"
"You are right, Im surprised! In about 2 weeks my gonads will develope and get filled with eggs. I have a doubt, theres a something i have never been able to know: if netis are plants, I assume their reproductive organs are some kind of flowers , but are they dioic? monoic? or hermaphrodite flowers?" asks the krevaaki, as he walks with his master (I never remember the name) and Lorem, outside the ship.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeshua scratches his head as he watches Kestrel leave, he didn't think he'd really said anything particularly insightful, and he certainly hoped she didn't mean that they should actualy fight each other some time. He sighs and shrugs, and then heads off to gather his own belonging before joining the others. He gives a quick thanks to the captain before leaving.

Ambrus

Explorer
Voda Vosa said:
"if netis are plants, I assume their reproductive organs are some kind of flowers , but are they dioic? monoic? or hermaphrodite flowers?"
Lorem falls silent for a few strides, uncertain of how to respond to the krevaaki's simple question. The young Padawan hadn't anticipated the sudden shift in the conversation and was now embarrassed to admit that he likely knew more about krevaaki sexuality than he did his own; and for rather painful reasons. "We do have two distinct genders but I... I'm afraid I'm not all that familiar with the particulars of my species' reproductive processes." The young neti does his best to continue walking confidently and to keep a tremor of sadness from entering his voice. "I've never met a female of my race... so I can't really discuss their anatomy knowledgeably. Neti fertility occurs so rarely, only every few centuries I believe, that few offworld treatises on the subject escaped the destruction of my people's homeworld..." Finally resuming his normal baritone timbre, the young Padawan quickens his stride slightly. "I've been meaning to question Master Bnar on the subject, but as a councilor he's often quite busy; I'd hate to distract him with such trivialities."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Thats sad! And I dont think such subjects to be trivialities, only knowing ourselfs we may achive an equilibrium with the world surounding us! Nature, our Nature calls and calls, the answer cant be delayed for too long." explains Voda with passion. The she seems to realize something. "Im sorry master, im talking like a druid again. Ill have more caution in the future"
The he continues "Im sure the grat library will have some information about your race and its biology, it will be a matter of looking I hope"

Remove ads