• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

Voda Vosa

First Post
"No, of course not, that is why Im suggesting to search information. I would not like to get my shell blasted if theres no real need for that." Voda answer skepticaly as always

Ambrus

Explorer
In his calm baritone voice, the neti offers his analysis of the situation. "I believe we will have time to discuss possible strategies for locating and dealing with the pirates eventually. At the moment though it seems to me that we might be best served by trying to gather together whatever information there is to be found about the Farost system and the current conflict." Lorem considers the matter for a moment...[sblock=possum]Lorem is attempting some skill checks; Knowledge (History) +12 to recall specific details about the Hyperspace War and the ten year predations of the pirates in the Farost system. Knowledge (World lore) +8 to recall information about the Farost system itself, it's six inhabited worlds, it's two uninhabited ones, it's primary races, its approximate population and the strength of its current navy. Knowledge (Jedi lore) +8 to recall details about the Sith flagship vessel Greelyk.[/sblock]After a drawn out pause, the young padawan begins to propose specific avenues of investigation to his peers. "The Governess speaks of her ongoing attempts to solicit republic aid in this conflict. Its likely that her previous requests contained detailed reports of the pirates' ongoing attacks, numbers, tactics, armaments as well as her personal dealings with their leaders while capitulating to their demands. I'd propose requesting her reports from the Republic archives through the library here. Those reports likely contain most of the specific details we'll need to know before formulating our plans."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'd propose requesting her reports from the Republic archives through the library here. Those reports likely contain most of the specific details we'll need to know before formulating our plans

"That sounds fair enogh, I support Lorems idea" says Voda as he search his peers faces with his big black eyes for an answer.

possum

First Post
Master Thy'Wen sits patiently as his students spend time in the research room of the Great Library, silently watching the conversations that go on. He seems to nod a bit at Lorem's idea of searching for Governess Lewern's requests for aid.

Lorem's other searching is very fruitful, and he finds the following information.

*The six populated worlds of the Farost system have an average population of about 800,000. The 1.2 million population of Farost 2, however, skews these results somewhat.

*The two uninhabited worlds are not suitable for life, and no attempt at terraforming or space habitations have been made on those planets due to costs.

*The population is 85% human, with the leading minority being Duros at 3%.

*The pirates have mainly stayed away from Farost 2, as the heavily populated planet houses the headquarters of the system's navy.

*The main raiding tactic of the pirates in recent years has been very, very simple. At the approximate time of a raid, all citizens of the system retreat into the underground caves that run through every planet in the system. A single shot from their assault craft takes out a building, and then the pirates land and make off with the credits and goods. Banks are typically hit every raid, with various dry goods stores hit as well. Every other attack, a grocery store is attacked.

*The Farost navy has approximately 15 light cruisers as their primary weapon. Nothing larger than that, and very few gunboats. Any attempt to ambush the pirates have led to heavy casualties on the navy's part.

*The only information available on the skirmish between the Sith and the Republic in the system is what I gave you previously.

*Info On Great Hyperspace War
*Sith planet discovered by a brother-sister pair of Hyperspace explorers named Gav and Jori Daragon.
*Sith leader invaded several Republic planets simultaneously in a move that nearly shredded the Republic Navy.
*Coruscant was invaded, but the Republic troops rallied at the last minute to win the day and the planet.
*Battle of Primus Goluud between Koros System and Sith forces ended as the sun went supernova. Sith suffered heavy casualties
*A Sith turncoat provided coordinates for the Sith homeworld.
*Homeworld eventually taken, but primary Sith commander fled to parts unknown.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Possum, can you slow things down a bit and describe what's going on in a bit more detail? I'm getting rather confused time-wise and at the sudden scene transitions. One minute the group is walking across the landing area, the next we're reading a report provided by our master and now it seems we're already in the library researching information. Also, is the information you just listed the sum of Lorem's recollections due to successful knowledge checks or the result of some library research? If it's the former, in the future can you give it to me in an [sblock] so that I can then roleplay communicating it to the group?

Dire Lemming

First Post
"I wonder what sorts of ships the pirates have." Yeshua wonders aloud.

OOC: If we're actually at the library he'll try to find osme information on that. Also, if he gets a chance while no one else is looking he'll search for information on Jedi Knight Dianara Nataraji, his disapeared sister, and the mission she was on.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Dire Lemming said:
"I wonder what sorts of ships the pirates have." Yeshua wonders aloud.
The neti walks through the austere building's main doors to step into the library's atrium alongside his companions. "I'm uncertain about the specifics, but if I recall correctly the Farost system's navy has just a dozen or so light cruisers. Whatever type of ships the pirates are using they must outclass light cruisers in either armaments, numbers or both. I'm certain the Grand Matriarch's reports will contain whatever some specifics. Once I have her reports I'll hand over whatever ship and armament specifications she mentions to you so you can analyze them at length. If you'll excuse me a moment..."

Lorem walks up to the main resource desk to initiate the process of requisitioning Grand Matriarch Eryn Lewern's official communiques to her Sector's Senator and the Senate body itself during the past ten years. The Neti will download the data into his datapad as it becomes available and begin isolating all references to the pirates for further analysis and distribution to his fellow padawans.

possum

First Post
Lorem's search into the section of Republic records unclassified for the Jedi is helpful as he searches for the records involving the Farost's systems repeated requests for help. The records are long, but not very detailed--at some points directing you to other similar documents--and filled with legalese.

[sblock]The results are the same as in the Grand Matriarch's request for Jedi aid. The pirate band is too small for a Republic attack, and the larger system in the sector has a larger amount of pirate attacks alongside the large shipping lanes. An attempt to secure a little more money for the system's navy was added as "nerfmeat" (pork) in a crime bill that was defeated by a heavy margin.

Alongside the original requests for aid are grainy holocam images of three large corvette-type ships hovering over a Farostian town. A single green laser cannon shot is fired, shaking the cam heavily as it impacts and destroys a building. Screams can be heard from off-cam, presumably some brave--or foolish--reporters trying to get a story. Also included is a relatively good image of 5 of the corvettes battling 7 light cruisers marked with the emblem of the system navy. One of the light cruisers is destroyed immediately after the recording starts, but the carbon scoring on other ships seems to indicate that this recording was joined in progress. Also included is a highly theorized technical commentary on the corvette. (Base stats of CR-90)[/sblock]

For Dire Lemming:

Intent on helping the group, Yeshua grabs a datapad and begins searching.

[sblock]The only report on your sister's disappearance is a two page document relating the original mission and the lone survivor's report. The pair were attempting to blow the lid off of an organized crime ring on Coruscant when their cover was blown. Yeshua's sister's last known whereabouts was a seedy cantina in the underlevel of Coruscant.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Lorem downloads the extensive records onto spare datacards as he tries to make sense of the Republic files.[sblock=ooc]In ten years the inhabitants of the six planets in the system have never succeeded in getting anything better than a few grainy video images of the three pirate ships? Didn't the navy ever manage to scan any of their ships or track their depature routes? Even at long range? Has the Grand Matriarch never ventured a tentative guess as to how many ships or pirates may be involved or even of what race they might be? There seems to be a puzzling lack of information here.[/sblock]The young neti, his vines clutching a handful of datacards seeks out Yeshua wherever he may have gotten to in the library. Finding him, Lorem holds his datapad so that his fellow padawan can see the screen. Pictured there is a grainy video image of three large corvette-type ships hovering over a settlement. A single green laser cannon shot is fired, causing the image to shake violently as it destroys a building. Faint screams can be heard to issue from the device's audio speaker. "Would you care to research these types of vessels and then report back to the rest of us with your findings?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads