[STAR WARS] The Circle Is Complete. Or is it?

Kaledor

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Apparently --despite his denials-- he's had NDAs for his employees for episodes 7-9. I still don't think they'll actually get made, but it looks like he is keeping his options open.

dang. you beat me to it by FOUR minutes :)
hahahah. You must type fast.

satori01

First Post
I'm not intrested in 7-9, I would, love to see {a} movie{s] about the birth of the Jedi Order and the demise of the first Sith Empire.
This gives us some backstory, a chance for different characters and a different feel, and lets the original Star Wars Saga end on hope, and dreams of a Jedi Order and Republic that can correct the problems of before.

I'd love to see more of the historical pre-pre-prequels get made. Perhaps something along the lines of a Knights of the Old Republic trilogy...

Dark Jezter

First Post
Like JD, I doubt very highly that Episodes 7, 8, and 9 will ever be made. If they are, though, I don't think that they'll have anything to do with the Expanded Universe novels (which is probably a good thing, considering that many of them are pretty forgettable). If I were Lucas, I'd ignore the post-OT novels entirely for two reasons: First of all, it would allow me more freedom in writing my stories because I wouldn't have to worry about whether this or that contradicts something that happened in the novels. Second, it would make the movies more accessable to moviegoers who didn't want to read several novels to know what had transpired between episodes 6 and 7.

Taelorn76

First Post
I like the novels, not all, but there are some good fun stories. As for the more movies, I would always be up for more. Personaly I am curious about early Staw Wars Universe stories.
I would like to see how things started. The Rise of the Republic would be fun to see. Then you get a 1000 yrs worth of stories in there as well.

btw: I got dibs on Rise of the Republic as the next title. :D

Well, in the crazy insane world where Lucas does make 7, 8, and 9(which probably won't be our world, of course), they'd have to be set WAY after any of the novels anyway. Mainly because Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all getting a bit old at this point...and not only that, who's to say they'd even do more?

So, you'd have to set them after, and I bet you that means they'd run into the SAME problems the prequels did with fans.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Originally, Lucas wanted he first three episodes to be one movie. As far aw money was concerned, he didn't want it, just the rights to make 2 sequels to see the whole thing come to fruition.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Well, in the crazy insane world where Lucas does make 7, 8, and 9(which probably won't be our world, of course), they'd have to be set WAY after any of the novels anyway. Mainly because Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford are all getting a bit old at this point...and not only that, who's to say they'd even do more?

I doubt Harrison Ford would. IIRC, he's gone on record as saying that he wouldn't be interested in playing Han Solo again.

Remove ads