Stargate/Dragonstar Season 1, Part 1 - Childern of the Gods

Knight Otu

First Post
Lt West

"Seems there are humans here as well." Lt West whispers after the cart has passed.

(OOC - Just making sure - the neanderthals and the polar bears are, at least to our eyes, different creatures, right?)

Karl Green

First Post
Ice World, T +2 hour 36 minutes planet side

[occ] Yes the Neanderthal men and the Polar Bear men seem to be far different then the humans. On Abydinians, the dragon Ra'Shada Doom used lizard man like things as his personal guards and soldiers. [/occ]

Continuing to watch, the squad sees a few more Polar Bear men come and go from the fort outside town, passing back and forth between it and the into the gate. A few also head to a tall building within the village outside the walls. Some staggering out… maybe a bar or tavern?

Humans are also going about their daily business, although it seems to be dying down as it is getting darker. You are pretty sure night must be coming. Within 30 minutes it start to get to dark to see anything but the lights down in the village and castle and fort. A cart, pulled by one of those bison like things, starts making its way back up the ridge-line. Could be the same one you saw before, and there is a lantern on the wagon lighting the drivers way…

Mithran

First Post
Lt. Minchen

Minchen talks very quietly into his radio even though the human probably can't hear them yet. "Humans being here could be to our advantage sir, we could possibly sneak in dressed like these humans. That would at least delay anyone figuring out that there were intruders in the town"

Gramcrackered

First Post
"Yeah," Torie mutters indistinctly. "But that would mean we'd need some clothing. Hell, a LOT of clothing. And if something went wrong, we'd be up :):):):) creek without a paddle. Hmmmm..."

OOC: How long have we been going for so far? In length of time, I mean.

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] I have been putting the time on planet in the title (just over two hours and a half), and you left Earth at 1400 hours (2pm in the afternoon). So it is around 4:30pm to you all and you are not tired or anything yet [/occ]

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Lt West

"One way or another, it'll be dangerous. It would be good if we could somehow communicate with these people though. Lt Coville? Mr Wolfe?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Having looked at the nordic-style runes on the bullets, Wolfe figures this is out of his area of expertise, particularly with languages.

"Can't help you too much on that front. I'm not a master linguist."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lt. Simon Coville

Lt. West said:
"One way or another, it'll be dangerous. It would be good if we could somehow communicate with these people though. Lt Coville? Mr Wolfe?"

"I can give it a shot, Lieutenant," Simon replied, "but I need a few minutes of listening to them to get some idea of what derivation their language is. Even then, I must caution, I'll only have a basic idea of what they're saying . . . though if it's a German or Russian derivation I'll have a better shot."

"Getting closer would help with the listening, though disguises might be necessary first,"
Lt. Coville commented.

Gramcrackered

First Post
"Seems to me as though there's a better than fair chance that they speak with us just fine. After all, that rock spoke to us back when we first popped through, remember?"

Torie juts his thumb back down the path, in the direction of the Stargate.

"Admitidly, they might have some special sort of technology to make sure anybody wandering on through can understand 'em. That ain't important right now though - because unless somebody can tell me of a way we can blend in down there while remaining armed, I damn well ain't allowing you all to take a little sight-seeing trip. After dark, maybe. Maybe."

OOC: Unless someone has an idea, I'm saying we go back and check a different direction on the path. I forget whether it was a four-way intersection or a three-way; if it was four-way, just pick one we haven't gone down at random.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lt. Simon Coville

"My only thought is that that polar bear man didn't look like he'd ever smoked a cigarette before, and the cigarette looked an awful lot like one of ours, sir," Lt coville replied. "He got it from someone and that someonw may be nearby. The guy on the cart looks bored and might be willing to trade. It's getting on toward dark so maybe some heavy furs cloaks would do the trick, sir.

Remove ads