Stargate/Dragonstar Season 1, Part 1 - Childern of the Gods

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Lt. Simon Coville

Simon looked on in shock . . . he had actually shot something. It had been months since his last certification (which was really when he ever really shot a weapon). He shook himself and slung his MP5 again, looking to the major for orders.

Simon found himself swallowing constantly, trying to keep whatever he had for breakfast down as he dragged the corpses with his teammates. By the time he was piling snow he was certain that he was actually green . . . but he hadn't gotta sick . . . yet.

Knight Otu

First Post
Lt West

Gramcrackered said:
As the Major says these words he looks at the forerunners of the group meaningfully. He'd have preferred they'd slipped away rather than sticking around and getting spotted.
"Next time, we'll need to bring something to block our scents. If it had not been for that one guy that sniffed us out, they'd have walked right past us.
I have a feeling these creatures weren't entirely... natural. Should some of us bring a body to SG-2, or should they send a few to haul one back?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Christopher apprehends one of the creatures musket pistols and begins inspecting it with a meticulous eye. Fascinating... He's mostly trying to keep out of the way of the military types for now.

Karl Green

First Post
The musket pistols are actually breach loaders, although they look a lot like a muzzleloaders. There seems to be a bolt that is pulled backed and the weapon is "broken in half" at a hinge point to permit loading. The bullets have some runes on them, and the 'casing' part seems to be made of parchment.

Gramcrackered

First Post
Major Ben Torie

Torie runs a thumb across his jawline, considering West's words carefully. Truth be told, he'd already been debating taking the body back...but he wasn't sure that was a good idea. Sure, the eggheads would no doubt be thrilled to have something to pick over, but they were on a deadline here. Was it really worth it to slog it on back? Especially considering how big those bastards were?

Snapping his fingers, Torie reaches for his radio. Why bother to do it themselves? It wasn't like it'd be terribly hard to find this spot alongside the path, especially if they left some sort of sign of their handiwork. The camp camp grunts could just wander out here and do the hard work.

"This is Team 1, calling Team 2," he says cheerily into the squawk-box. "Got something you boys might want to check out if you got the time..."

Give 'em the best approximation of where we are. Also need to leave some sign we were here...best I got is leaving some slash marks on nearby tree trunks. I'm open to suggestions in that regard.

Suppose we also better cover up that body I purposefully left aside.
*sighs*

Karl Green

First Post
Frozen World (planetside T+ 39 minutes)

Captain Whitman's voice comes back "OK Major... I will send two people out it your point to retrieve the body."

The road that the group was following has a large road intersection it. The Neanderthals came from straight ahead.

Knight Otu

First Post
Lt West

"Sir, it seems that each of these paths could lead us to civilization. I think Lt. McDhol has a good idea about the traffic on each of the paths."

Gramcrackered

First Post
OOC: I assume you're referring to covering the tracks? Can't find anything else said by McDohl. Not sure if we already did that or we simply covered up the battle signs. Either way...

"Not a lot of point, in my mind," Torie grimaces as he slips the radio back away. "We all saw that those things worked by scent in addition to sight. If that's the case, scuffing some dirt around probably won't do much good."

"Besides - we're immediately going to be creating ones going up ahead. Less we slow down to deal with those to, it'll be pretty obvious something happened here. And, hey, worse come to worse, all they do is discover somebody popped out of that portal back there. Which I imagine they already know quite well."

"Anyway," he finishes turning to consider the direction directly ahead. "I say we learn more about where they came from...I want to know if we've got an enemy encampment within a dangerous range."

Knight Otu

First Post
(Err, no, I was referring to the tracks on the crossroads that already were there, to decide which of the paths we should follow. I meant that McDhol might have an idea which of the paths might be used the most. Nothing about covering tracks.)

Remove ads