• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Under the Government Building
P7X – 912
Almost two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003

Craig Durant said:
"How many of these items are there anyway? Are we gonna be running all over on a scavenger hunt while Earth gets taken over? And what about the 'bugs of death,' how are we supposed to deal with those while we are out in the wild?"

“There are three altogether, though the only one you’ll need to journey overland for is the spear I told you of. I cannot get there over this terrain or I would assist you in this,” Medraut explained and was translated by Jeremiah. “The bugs follow a strict migratory pattern, so the bulk of them should be past. Any others would simply be stragglers, those unfit to become part of the swarm. Return here with the spear, and I will freely give you what you deserve.”

Medraut instructed the team where to stand and pressed the bracer on his forearm to activate the rings. Within a few moments the light faded and the team was back in the reception area of the governmental building. Two stone arched stairway lead both up and down from the reception area. Heavy furs covered many areas along the walls of the reception area. Another statue was in the center of the reception area, again of the same or similar person to that within the central courtyard. This statue had its arms outstretched, its palms at its eye level and facing outward to the entrance.

Everyone still heard the slight buzzing of a few insects, mostly from within the building itself. Donovan and Stewart moved to the remaining outer curtain at the order from Durant, just in time to see the now familiar light and ring effect in the courtyard. When the light cleared, four individuals remained . . .

It was the rest of the team . . .

OOC: Donovan, Durant, Reed, Stewart

Carlo

First Post
Myrrdin’s Ha’tak
P7X - 912
More than two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003[/i]

Once again in uniform and bearing the uncomfortable but rapidly becoming familiar weight of her miltary issure webbing and pack Loralai looked about afresh at the surroundings of the ruins. She took in the arcitecture and the statue before them and sighed. Where to even begin the task of finding their teammates? She looked to Andreev. "Where shall we start?"

Jarval

Explorer
Myrrdin’s Ha’tak
P7X - 912
More than two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003

"Well, sounds like we're clear of the insects, anyway." Lucas said, looking in the direction the swarm headed. He held his rifle at the ready, unsure as to how dangerous any stragglers from the swarm might be.

"As for where to start looking, I'd suggest the tunnel under the building we were... 'invited up' in. I've got every faith that Durant or Donovan would have had the sense to get out of the way of the insects." Despite the confidence of his words, Lucas sounded less than convinced by his own logic.

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

Planet Surface
P7X - 912

"As for where to start looking, I'd suggest the tunnel under the building we were... 'invited up' in. I've got every faith that Durant or Donovan would have had the sense to get out of the way of the insects."

Andreev sensed the uneasiness in Lucas' statement, as well as the overbearingtension throughout the group due to the task at hand. Yet, they now had no choice but to attempt locating their friends. Lucas had made a valid point about the team finding cover from the swarm, however Andreev could not erase from his mind the images he had seen on Myrrdin's viewscreen of his comrades fleeing the dark cloud. If he was not mistaken, this courtyard very much resembled the place they had last witnessed the rest of their team.

"Mr. Fisher, I agree that the Commander would have sought cover from the swarm. However, I also believe that we are standing in the courtyard in which we last observed our comrades. Let us start sweeping the buildings in the immediate area for any sign of our team. We must stay together, though, and be prepared for any remaining insects."

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan

Everyone still heard the slight buzzing of a few insects, mostly from within the building itself. Donovan and Stewart moved to the remaining outer curtain at the order from Durant, just in time to see the now familiar light and ring effect in the courtyard. When the light cleared, four individuals remained . . .

It was the rest of the team . . .

Donovan gripped his rifle and kept it at the ready. He looked out into the courtyard and locked his sight onto the ring effect. He then lowered his weapon when he saw Ilianov, Nguyen, Fisher and Fallon, and he turned back to Durant. "Commander, the rest of the team just got beamed to the center of the courtyard."

Last edited:

Carlo

First Post
Planet Surface
P7X - 912

Loralai looked around the courtyard again, thinking of the swarming insects they had escaped and recalling the Jaffa standing and shrugging off her team mates bullets. Lord only knew what else awaited them in the ruins. This was diffinitly not her cup of tea but if she was to be a real mamber of the team she figured she had better start to learn to handle herself in these situations. Still not comfortable with the FN she had been given she left it slung across her back, instead she lightly touched the black grips of her holstered 92FS pistol, at least she knew how to use that, compliments of an old boyfriend. "Well then" She said with more confidence then she felt. "Shall we begin, were do you want me?"

kid A

First Post
Planet Surface
P7X - 912

"Well then" She said with more confidence then she felt. "Shall we begin, were do you want me?"

Smiling at her urgency, Andreev replied, "One moment, Doctor." He scanned the courtyard, attempting to determine which of the buildings they had seen the others running to on the viewscreen. "Do any of you recall which of these buildings seemed to be their destination?"

Jarval

Explorer
Planet Surface
P7X - 912

kid A said:
He scanned the courtyard, attempting to determine which of the buildings they had seen the others running to on the viewscreen. "Do any of you recall which of these buildings seemed to be their destination?"
Lucas shook his head, frowning as he studied the buildings surrounding the square.

"I wasn't really paying enough attention to that. What was going on was a little distracting."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Hmmm…” Rylee took a good look around at her surroundings, trying to remember what she had seen on the viewscreen. “We saw then go into one of the larger buildings,” she said thoughtfully. “Then, later, I saw something strange over the building that they were in, as if the swarm over the area was getting lighter. They might still be there.” Without another word to her companions, she began making her way toward the building that they had seen their teammates go to. She kept her eyes on the ground, having learned earlier that the road was paved, she was looking for any other signs of the rest of the team.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

the Government Building
P7X – 912
Almost two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003
Donovan said:
"Commander, the rest of the team just got beamed to the center of the courtyard."
Durant looked around the room, an old reflex to make sure they were alone. He caught sight of the mountains through one of the tattered fur covers and was not reassured about the journey they had ahead of them.

He heard the swooping sound of the transport rings a moment after Donovan and heard his words before he could see the group with his own eyes.

This had been an odd adventure so far, the unexpected appearing around every corner. In the back of his mind Durant ran through all the possibilities that could go wrong. All the ways this could be a trap. He didn't care in the least.

Durant ran at full speed, right up to the arriving group. He could see they were trying to get their bearings but that didn't matter right now. Neither did where they had been or where they were going. All that mattered was that they were back!

When Durant reached Andreev he ran right into him, knocking him off his feet and lifting him up into the air in a massive embrace. "Andreev, you crazy, commie, bastard! We thought you guys were lost forever

Remove ads