[Stargate SG-1 RPG] Part III - The Enemy of my Friend . . .

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

The Government Building
P7X – 912
Almost two hours since arrival, June 3, 2003

When Durant reached Andreev he ran right into him, knocking him off his feet and lifting him up into the air in a massive embrace. "Andreev, you crazy, commie, bastard! We thought you guys were lost forever!"

For a moment, Andreev thought he was hallucinating. Someone was running toward him, and unless his mind was playing tricks on him, he looked exactly like Craig Durant. Any doubts about his sanity were immediately dispelled once Andreev found himself in a giant bear-hug. Smiling, and desperately attempting to breath, Andreev gasped a reply, "Craig, you capitalist, yankee bastard, it is good to see you too. But, please put me down before you crush me."

When released from his grip, Andreev was the first to ask the question on everyone's mind: "What happened to you once you arrived through the Stargate?"

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
The Government Building
P7X – 912

Lucas half raised his rifle as someone started running towards the group, but immediately lowered it on seeing it was Durant. He chuckled at the greeting between the two old friends, immensely relived to see at least one of the team still alive.

"We saw you get swarmed by the insects. Did you all manage to make it to cover?" He asked, a little hesitant in case the answer was no...

Stargate_Com

First Post
Jeremiah Grayson

Under the Government Building
P7X – 912

This quest sounded oddly familiar to Jeremiah.

Maybe, it's the basis of an old story or myth. Any information like that would be invaluable. Of course, maybe it's just similiar to something I read or heard. As he continued to tax his memory, questions began to pop into Jeremiah's head. Why can he not travel the terrain? This town was obviously built by his race. Why is the weapon stored on this planet? Were they the race that imprisoned the 'Old Ones'? Overall, Jeremiah still had some trust issues with Medraut. 'What we deserve'?

Medraut instructed the team where to stand and pressed the bracer on his forearm to activate the rings. Within a few moments the light faded and the team was back in the reception area of the governmental building.

As the light from the rings diminished, Jeremiah was surprised to find the reception hall empty. Cowering behind the other men, he acted like something was going to jump out. Obviously, he had not forgotten the swarm that filled up the room just a little over an hour ago. Even the litest buzzing sound made him jump.

Everyone still heard the slight buzzing of a few insects, mostly from within the building itself. Donovan and Stewart moved to the remaining outer curtain at the order from Durant, just in time to see the now familiar light and ring effect in the courtyard. When the light cleared, four individuals remained . . .

Seeing the rest of the team arrive unscaved gave Jeremiah hope. Despite all of the danger, they had not lost a single member of the crew. As his fear disapated, the space was filled with curiousity. He wanted to hear where the rest of the team had been. He wanted to know if this spear was stored in some kind of temple...with writing. Rushing down to the other team, his heart was filled with a happiness and relief that he had not felt for quite some time.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant

the Government Building
P7X – 912

Durant set Andreev down and looked him over. Looked to be in one piece. He then turned to take in the rest of the group. They were all present and looked pretty well. A little too well, actually.
"You guys look all clean and squared away. Don't tell me the Professor booked you into a spa as soon as you hit town." He spoke with half a smile on his face.

"You do look good though and it's damn good to see you. We were pretty worried something went wrong and you didn't even make it through the stupid 'gate. We got here and couldn't find you. Then like Fisher said, this giant swarm of man-eating bugs filled the sky and came after us like we were the main course at a free buffet! We got to cover and then..." Durant hesitated and quickly went on with his story. "Then we just waited the things out and here we are. Reed did get taken down but we managed to hold onto her." Durant motioned over his shoulder at the rest of his group.

"Where exactly did you take this little group of yours, Ilianov? Don't tell me you found the local bar before I did or there's gonna be some trouble!"

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov

The Government Building
P7X – 912

"Where exactly did you take this little group of yours, Ilianov? Don't tell me you found the local bar before I did or there's gonna be some trouble!"

Andreev was very curious about what had happened to Durant's team during their disappearance. "When we arrived, we could not locate young Jeremiah here, and though we waited we saw no sign of yourself or Lieutenants Reed, Stewart and Donovan. We were about to broaden our search when we spotted several objects in the sky." Andreev relayed their story to Craig, filling him in on the gap between their arrivals. As he spoke, he included every detail... the Goa'uld Death Gliders... the Jaffa... Lord Myrrdin and his immense starship... he spoke of every event leading up to that very moment, leaving out nothing.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
The Government Building
P7X – 912

Rylee is quite happy to see the others, though the only way it shows is through the absence of her usual scowl. She listens as Andreev recounts their adventures since their arrival on this planet, not speaking up unless Durant questions her personally.

Carlo

First Post
The Government Building
P7X – 912

Loralai listened quietly to the two men relate each groups tale. Pleased to see the others alive she is non the less surprised by Durants ability to display such human emotion, though she notes he still manages to get in a barb at her.

Jarval

Explorer
The Government Building
P7X – 912

"Jeremiah!" Lucas shouted in greeting as the linguist dashed from the building. "Good to see you. You weren't in the courtyard when we arrived through the stargate. What happened? We thought we'd lost you for good."

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912

Within the government building, Lt. Reed went almost catatonic when the light cleared and she heard the bussing within the building. A few words from Stewart got her moving quickly out of the building . . .

Lt. Stewart and Lt. Reed followed Jeremiah out of the government building only a few steps behind. Lt. Stewart occasionally glanced back into the building, the strange alien weapon (the zat) held firmly in his grip. Within the group in the courtyard, Lt. Reed gravitated toward Andreev, standing a few steps behind, her eyes on the building.

Lucas said:
"We saw you get swarmed by the insects. Did you all manage to make it to cover?" He asked, a little hesitant in case the answer was no...

Lt. Stewart stepped close to Lucas, and said quietly, "Some of us moreso than others, man. Reed got eaten up pretty good by them, and only some heroics by Commander Durant and some strange alien stuff by that Medraut giant saved her. She's kinda shaky and gunshy from it all, I could use some help keeping an eye on her."

kid A

First Post
The Stone Courtyard
P7X – 912

...Within the group in the courtyard, Lt. Reed gravitated toward Andreev, standing a few steps behind, her eyes on the building.

Andreev beamed as he saw Lt. Reed approach, but he also noticed that she seemed a bit less outgoing than the last time he had seen her. A bit quieter almost...

He smiled at her as she came closer to him, and felt a longing to speak with her. He felt somewhat ashamed, for while he was happy to see all of his comrades had survived the swarm, he felt a great amount of relief for her survival. He waited patiently for Durant's reply and/or orders, but knew his next free moment would be spent in Lt. Reed's company.

Remove ads