• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

STARTING RIGHT NOW! MEGA ADVENTURE: Calling all players!

Creamsteak

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Yeah, Airwhale and Rose Marie vanished some time before you. I NPC'd your character for the rest of the adventure. There was no good way to have Gur wander off into the wilds and add a new "healer," especially since the group believed to be followed and had all reason to be paranoid about new NPCs.

Well so be it then. I'm sorry to have left you in that position.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Possible Splits:

Global Notes: This is nowhere near official in the least, since I don't get to split the groups--you guys will get to make whatever groups you want completely in-character, plus we will get more PCs and change this (for instance, we currently have 0 level 8 PCs, which leaves a gap after Ironwolf, but we might get Eternity). That said, it would behoove you to try to balance parties and levels.

Group 1 (6, due to cohorts)--

**Rinaldo Human Rogue5/Trader5 (Comes with Hogarth--Wood Elf Cleric 8)
**Vanitri Human Rogue3/Ranger2/HorizonWalker5 (Comes with Elektra--Human Wizard 7)
**Tenebrynn Elf Diviner5/Fighter1/EldritchKnight3
**Ashnar Human Evoker6/HumanParagon3

Group 1 notes: Could also take Ironwolf due to his level gap with the next group. Ironwolf is friends with Vanitri in Group 1 but he knows more people in Group 2. Though it is extremely powerful, this group, this group does lack a tank, so that could work for them. Could be rearranged.

Group 2 (6)

**Ironwolf Human PsyWar9
**Hulgyr, Orc Fighter2/Barbarian2/OrcParagon3
**Zack Fighter5/Barbarian2
**Ducane Fighter4/PsyWar2/Warmind1 (constraint: != Almayce)
**Opale Human Wizard7
**Juliana PsyWar5/Warmind2

Group 2 notes: This group can't have Almayce because Almayce and Ducane are the same player. I also figured the Brothers Grimm would not want to be split up. This group has incredible melee strength and good spell/power support but no healing. Could probably benefit from adding Eternity if she comes.

Group 3 (6):

**Almayce Elf Cleric3/Wizard3/MysticTheurge1 (constaint: != Ducane)
**Michael Human Cleric5/Ranger1
**Nodis Human Shaper6
**Devlin Human Rogue6
**Nurlan Human Bard4/Fighter1
**Tor Barbarian2/Fighter2/Sorcerer1

Group 3 notes: This is actually a pretty good mix--it has all the main roles, and extra healing. Almayce being lower will mean he is less likely to die than usual.

Group 4 (6)

**Gur Human Ranger4
**Rinya Half-Elf Barbarian2/Ranger1
**Babette Human Sorcerer3
**Richard Human Fighter3
**Octavio Human Rogue2/Fighter1
**Valan Human Cleric2

Group 4 notes: A well balanced team, but I would rather not have a level 2 character in Group 4--by trying to put 6 in each group, I've started dipping too low. Because of this, I won't try to split any of the rest yet into hypothetical groups either--I know we're getting a bunch more with the end of GStQ.

Never mind--with any full capacity split, Group 4 is going to have issues unless we get some 3s or maybe 4s. If we don't, we'll probably just see slightly smaller teams at those points.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Rystil Arden said:
Possible Splits:

Group 3 (6):

**Almayce Elf Cleric3/Wizard3/MysticTheurge1 (constaint: != Ducane)
**Michael Human Cleric5/Ranger1
**Nodis Human Shaper6
**Devlin Human Rogue6
**Nurlan Human Bard4/Fighter1
**Tor Barbarian2/Fighter2/Sorcerer1

Mostly level 6; Nurlan is level 5. Question: if this is to be a group, would you rather have Nurlan at level 6? He's 3 DM credits away, and I wouldn't mind making up the difference if it would really matter. It's not that important to me, and other things being equal I'd rather not, but if you think it would help I'd be willing to spend the DM credits to bring him to 6th.

Rystil Arden

First Post
orsal said:
Mostly level 6; Nurlan is level 5. Question: if this is to be a group, would you rather have Nurlan at level 6? He's 3 DM credits away, and I wouldn't mind making up the difference if it would really matter. It's not that important to me, and other things being equal I'd rather not, but if you think it would help I'd be willing to spend the DM credits to bring him to 6th.
No worries. I made these up through whimsy and just dividing by levels. I highly doubt that these will be the actual group splits since you guys will get to decide that for yourselves in character. Heck, who knows, we might get a large block dropped in the middle if a game ends and help segregate a group and push the others down (which is good because right now the lowbies who would make up group 5 are probably not enough to handle that adventure). So anyway, do whichever you prefer to do. Bards don't really get a boost until Bard level 8 (character level 9 for Nurlan), so it probably won't be too noticable of an effect for the team--just a bit more HP and saves for you.

Heckler

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Group 4 (6)

**Gur Human Ranger4
**Rinya Half-Elf Barbarian2/Ranger1
**Babette Human Sorcerer3
**Richard Human Fighter3
**Octavio Human Rogue2/Fighter1
**Valan Human Cleric2

Group 4 notes: A well balanced team, but I would rather not have a level 2 character in Group 4--by trying to put 6 in each group, I've started dipping too low. Because of this, I won't try to split any of the rest yet into hypothetical groups either--I know we're getting a bunch more with the end of GStQ.
Can't have Rinya, Babette and Octavio together as they are all my characters. :)

Rinya is buddies with Richard, and they have history with Lucien and Rowan.

Babette just finished an adventure with Fimble, Tor and Gideon.

Octavio knows Khairi, Semabin and a few others from the tournament, but doesn't really have much of a history.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Heckler said:
Can't have Rinya, Babette and Octavio together as they are all my characters. :)

Rinya is buddies with Richard, and they have history with Lucien and Rowan.

Babette just finished an adventure with Fimble, Tor and Gideon.

Octavio knows Khairi, Semabin and a few others from the tournament, but doesn't really have much of a history.
Ah, yes. This is so. I admit that I paid less attention to Group 4 because I knew it was sketchy down there. The fact that you have 3 of the 4 current level 3 characters is a bit of a conundrum :D We should probably hope that one of the near-done adventures with level 3s coming out of them (NotA is one I think?) ends timely then.

Remember, I'm not dividing you guys up now or even suggesting this necessarily--it's more like drawing lines for myself to look at and ponder.

Heckler

First Post
Yeah, we had the group from Hase-Suna (Payne, Lokin & Kol?) that're about the same level, but I haven't seen them for a while.

Remove ads