• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat yourself... Off topic?? dunno.

I calculated these using the point buy costs in the DMG, with the following assumptions:

In the case of "racial mods", I calculated points based off what the original score would have been to have the current score (ie; Int 14 orc paid for Int 16, while STR 15 orc paid for STR 13).

In the case of level-based attribute advancement, I selected the highest score and gave a point for free (4th level Int 17 person paid for Int 16)

I gave points to lower than 8 scores on a 1 for 1 basis (meaning a 6 was worth -2 points).

In the case of scores higher than 18, I added 3 points for 19, and 4 points for 20, in keeping with established progression.

Given that, the posters are built on the following points:

Jesus_marley: 37 points

Darkness: 33 points

Galeros: 25 points

Die Kluge: 29 points

Shilsen: 57 points

Vorith: 24 points

Dakkareth: 16 points

Fusangite: either 6 or 10 points, depending on which mental array he chooses.

JackGiantKiller: 38 points.

Patrick Y.

EDIT: I forgot Fusangite was 9th level.

Last edited:

DSC-EricPrice

First Post
Wow, I havent done this for a while.

Str 8 - Look, Im a computer guy, and while I lift stuff around, Im not athletic and I dont do much in the way of exercises.
Dex 10 - Completely average. Im not tripping all over myself nor am I flipping 5 coins around my fingers without watching them.
Con - 14 I have to fake it to call in sick, so Im definitely more resilient than most. I do occasionally (read every few years) come down with a bad flu, but mostly I just get accused of being a carrier
Int - 14 Personally I dont much care for that IQ/10 but I'll go with it. Depending on the IQ test I can score anywhere from 135-155
Wis - 11 I constantly ignore my little voice, but I do have one and I do
Cha - 12 Not gorgeous, but definitely not standard wal-mart issue either, and with the strange ability to manipulate or inspire people when I choose.

Turanil

First Post
shilsen said:
Int 19
Just using the "divide IQ by 10" rule for Int.
Dividing 85 by 10 doesn't give you a 19, but I agree that accurate computations requires an Int above 9...

shilsen said:
Wis 20
I am one with the music of the spheres <...> what the Buddha, Jesus and Muhammad aspired to but never reached.
This called schizophrenia, not a Wis of 20...

Well, no need for stating myself; I wouldn't qualify for anything but Commoner. :(

Jeff Wilder

First Post
STR 12 -- I'm 6'5" and massive. If I were still 19 and working out, this might be as high as 15.
DEX 8 -- Did I mention I'm 6'5" and massive?
CON 10 -- This is a weird one. I'm sure I'm way above average in the punishment I can take, but I get sick at the drop of a hat. So I average.
INT 18 -- I'm in the fourth SD; not just 99th percentile, but in the top 10 percent of 99th percentile.
WIS 10 -- Another weird one. I'm pretty perceptive, but I lack willpower and the drive to do what I know is best for me. So, again, I average.
CHA 12 -- People constantly look to me to make decisions, appoint me jury foreman, and so on. My size impresses people. On the other hand, I'm blunt, grumpy, snappish, impatient, and -- at best -- average looking.

I guess I'd be a wizard with Toughness.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Wayneligon; Male Human Commoner 2: CR 2; Medium Humanoid (Human); HD 2d4; HP 6; Init 0; Spd 30 ft; AC 10 (Touch 10, Flatfooted 10); Base Atk +1; Atk or Full Atk +1 melee (1d6 Unarmed), +1 ranged (1d4 Rock); AL CG; SV Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +1; Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 11.

Skills: Profession (Computer Programer) +2, Handle Animal +1, Listen +3, Perform (RPG GMing) +3, Spot +1, Writing +3

Tuzenbach

First Post
Strength: 14 (I've been known to do 120 push-ups in a row!)
Dexterity: 4 (I've also been known to trip over nothing. I can't catch or throw worth a damn and my depth perception is zero, i.e., it's impossible for me to hit a baseball.
Constitution: 7 (Bronchitus every year? That's me!)
Intelligence: 15 (I've got two and a half degrees!
Wisdom: 8 (Too bad I majored in the wrong things! :-(
Charisma: 16 (What can I say? I'm a chick magnet!)

Remove ads