• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Steve's 3e character generator

lordvorlek

First Post
Which reminds me, Thanks Steve Mulhern, LonePaladin and Bruce Finch!

http://members.cox.net/jdfrenzel/3ECS.zip

This is exactly what i am looking for!!! Awsome work. Is there anything like this out there that has 3.5 stuff now. What i am looking for is for characters that can go into epic levels, flexible enough to add in new magic items if they are created, and have all the books entered into it.

Last edited:

ManicFuel

First Post
lordvorlek said:
Which reminds me, Thanks Steve Mulhern, LonePaladin and Bruce Finch!

http://members.cox.net/jdfrenzel/3ECS.zip

This is exactly what i am looking for!!! Awsome work. Is there anything like this out there that has 3.5 stuff now. What i am looking for is for characters that can go into epic levels, flexible enough to add in new magic items if they are created, and have all the books entered into it.

Thank you sir! The 3.5 version of that sheet is under construction, and won't be ready for a few more months. It probably will not handle epic levels, unless WotC flattens the power curve so the usual save/BAB, etc progressions continue through level 20.

Magic items are handled two ways on the new sheet. Weapons and armor are "built", with dropdowns for material, armor/weapon type, enhancemet bonus, and special abilities. You can make any armor or weapon combo and it will display and function fine. Any other item, magic or not, can be inserted into the lists fairly easily. Any full-time bonuses the item may provide can also be added without too much trouble. To be fair, the rest of the sheet is not so easily customized.

Now, what do you mean by "all the books"? Sounds scary....

mariusm

Explorer
I have converted Steve's sheet to be 3.5

I have converted the character sheet to be a 3.5 version :D . Only the core classes have been done so far.

I need somewhere to upload the file to though as it is 950kb... to big to post here.

Cheers,
Marius.

Last edited:

lordvorlek

First Post
ManicFuel said:
Thank you sir! The 3.5 version of that sheet is under construction, and won't be ready for a few more months. It probably will not handle epic levels, unless WotC flattens the power curve so the usual save/BAB, etc progressions continue through level 20.

Magic items are handled two ways on the new sheet. Weapons and armor are "built", with dropdowns for material, armor/weapon type, enhancemet bonus, and special abilities. You can make any armor or weapon combo and it will display and function fine. Any other item, magic or not, can be inserted into the lists fairly easily. Any full-time bonuses the item may provide can also be added without too much trouble. To be fair, the rest of the sheet is not so easily customized.

Now, what do you mean by "all the books"? Sounds scary....
Ok,, maybe should have stated myself better on the book thing. Core books, and splat books for forgotten realms, Ie - tome & blood, song & silence, faiths and pantheons.

ManicFuel

First Post
lordvorlek said:
Ok,, maybe should have stated myself better on the book thing. Core books, and splat books for forgotten realms, Ie - tome & blood, song & silence, faiths and pantheons.

Got it. Right now, the scope for the 3.5 sheet is: 3.5 SRD; the hardcover Complete series; any WotC hardcovers released under the 3.5 ruleset; any WotC release prior to 3.5 that has been corrected or adjusted for 3.5; any WotC released books that include only data, not mechanics (like the Arms and Equipment Guide); and perhaps the data-only portions of pre-3.5 WotC books (that I have) - things like equipment and materials, but not PrCs, feats, etc.

I think it would be great to include all the FR materials, but since I'm not an FR player/DM, I have only the FRCS (as an idea mine). And I don't have every WotC release either, so that limits things.

I'll post something here when it is near completion, but if you (or anyone else) would like early access, please email me at jdfrenzel at cox dot net.

Grimgoth

First Post
I use Steve's Excel sheet for all my D&D games. Not only have I learned a ton about Excel, the sheet is customizable with a little work.

I would love for him to come out with a 3.5 sheet. Heck, I'd pay for it. ;)

mariusm

Explorer
Grimgoth said:
I use Steve's Excel sheet for all my D&D games. Not only have I learned a ton about Excel, the sheet is customizable with a little work.

I would love for him to come out with a 3.5 sheet. Heck, I'd pay for it. ;)

Like I said previously "I HAVE DONE THIS ALREADY BUT DON'T HAVE WEB SPACE TO UPLOAD IT TOO!", if someone has space then maybe they could put it up somewhere and post the link here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads