• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stonefist Academy - The Beginning

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Lune and Olek both step into their swings almost simultaneously, as their weapons of choice hit home. Neither is sure which brought the creature down, but the beast lays on the ground, faintly breathing. A crossbow bolt comes screaming in from Daelyn, as it wounds the beast even further.

You look around, seeing the wounded Silvas still laying on the ground, but breathing. (Stabilized) The battle is over, as both beasts lay on the ground. The dog that came to your rescue is dead, as Rollen kneels beside it, quiet and with eyes closed.

[sblock=DC12 Listen Check Success]You can still hear something. Whining coming from the cave...[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
"I might be able to heal him up all the way, but certainly enough for him to walk"

Lune kneels down, and starts healing his fallen ally.

[sblock]

OoC: I think he is down 4? Use the 2 cure minors, and 1 cure light from prot evil.
HP: 10/10 AC: 17/ T: 11/ FF: 16
Fort: +4/ Reflex: +1/ Will: +5
Longsword: +4 / 1d8 + 3
* denotes Domain Spell
Level 0:Cure Minor Woundsx2, Create Water
Level 1:protection from Evil, Vigor Magic Weapon*
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Olek

With the last beast felled, Olek grunts in satisfaction before glancing around to see what else still moves. Big noises bring big predators...wonder what else is out here? Not hearing anything other than his own heart hammering in his chest, he said to Lune, "Excellent work young man. If we have a few more occasions to fight together I am sure we will become an renowned team."

Turning to the small knot of people gathering over the fallen elf he added gruffly, "He was foolish, rushing out in front like that. If he lives, perhaps he will learn the lesson of discipline in combat. Can you arouse him? I daresay he is the only one that knows the way home."

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ararion picks up his rapier and sheathes it again, opting instead to keep his bow ready. He lets the others worry over Silvas as he watches the stones and trees around and listens for anything else. He quietly makes his way to Rollen and asks, "Was one of those things what attacked you? Or did we get the wrong predators?"

Graybeard

Explorer
Miranda

Miranda waits while some of the others look and listen for other threats and Silvas is attended to.

"Did we get them all?" she asks softly.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Rollens eyes look up at the mention of the beast.
Yes, that one that went down first was the one that accosted us. It can not harm us anymore, and it seems that it was not alone. But why did they come to the farm? And where is the missing sheep? Father will not like the fact that two of our best guard dogs are now gone. But I think we got them all..

He gathers his dagger and looks around as he stands. He listens to the wind, wondering if there were any more of the beasts. His head immediately turns to the cave entrance, as he calls out,
There's something else in there, but it sounds different. Like whining.

Rollen then leads you into the small cave that immediately opens up to the left. You spy discarded bones, small ones, before coming upon a bedding of sorts near the rear of the small room. There, among the bedding, you find a trio of small figures. They seem to have recently been feeding, for they all look up from the carcass of the sheep that Rollen lost, and stare at you all. They simply watch, whining.

They are the litter. Those two outside were probably the parents.

Last edited:

ahayford

First Post
Rollen, do you think these pups would be trainable? I imagine dire wolf guard dogs would be a great to have on the farm. I know they couldn't replace your dogs....but these pups will die out here on their own. We are responsible for taking their parents lives...maybe this would be a chance to balance things.

Axel

First Post
Olek

Standing behind the others, and gazes around the cave in curiosity. "If you cannot train them, young man, I shall dispatch them before departing. It will be a prettier death than starvation. Do not bewail the death of your dog. She died defending her master, you, and her saviour in Lune. Of all four-legged beasts dogs understand the meaning of family and friends best. She sacrificed herself that the two of you may live. It is a good death. Do not mourn her overly long." Olek walks towards Rollen and puts a hand up on his shoulder.

Remove ads