• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"If they are preparing for a crucial ritual tonight, they may have a watcher or guard in the area, so we ought to be careful- but if we can get there first that would be a good idea. As to the battle itself, I'm willing to follow whatever plans our more combat-trained folk can devise." Tessa's voice seems to convey a resigned acceptance, as if she lacked confidence, but was ready to proceed nonetheless...

OOC: Tessa has no particular plans beforehand, save drinking a Bulls Strength potion just before the fighting starts- if anyone else has bright ideas she'll listen eagerly.

Stormwind

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
"If it comes to pass that she has several henchmen or thralls that attempt to block our access to her, I can transport 2 others with me to bridge any gap. All I require is that the three of us be in physical contact."

Ashlyn looks thoughtful as Marot speaks, "It seems to me that the biggest threat tonight will likely be the Green lady. I would suggest that Marot should be prepared to transport himself, Ladreth, and one other to the immediate vicinity of the Green lady so that we can eliminate her first. Since Janis's companion, and if absolutely necessary Janis herself, can act as muscle to keep the cultists from our spellcasters, perhaps it would be best if Marot took Ladreth and myself in to face the green lady as we are, hopefully, more able to survive being surrounded."

"If we are lucky, the fall of the Green lady may well cause her followers to lose heart and flee, but at the very least it should remove our most dangerous opponent from the field."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith nods. "That is a very sound idea. I'd concur with that. Depending on what kind of scrolls we might be able to acquire... Janis and Tessa could start the fight by both casting their spells to hopefully weaken the witches... then Ashlyn, Ladreth and Marot teleport in to engage the Green Lady. Then Janis, Bear, and Tessa can run in from the outside to take on the other witches, and I can either jump down into melee too, or circle around everyone and healing as needed. I like it."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Even if we can't obtain any helpful scrolls, I can deal out some harm at range before closing in," Tessa says, though it sounds more like a shameful admission than a confident threat...

OOC: Sending a "kill squad" into the middle of things sounds like a good way to go- it means we're a bit less dependent on stealth, an area where most of us are lacking.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the group makes their plans, inquiries are made with the artificers about what stock the have on hand. Adalstan rubs his hands through his curly hair. The Jorasco's been keeping us busy with healing works, not much in the way of more offensive might. I've been working this scroll of curse breaking, for Vincent you know, but you could be using it if you need. Our other stock is in that same healing arena. As for flash in the pan..." After sifting through his stock, the artificer comes back with a scroll on dark paper. "Only thing we got is this explosive one that Torsten made. Truth be told, he likes fire a bit too much for my taste. Sorry we can't help you more; give us more lead time and a specific order... well, then we can be helping."

[The caravan has one scroll of remove curse (375gp), one of lesser restoration (150gp), and a gaggle of cure lights and potions of the same. The scroll of fireball is CL4, not CL5, and costs 300gp. You can use your caravan credit.

The artificer's lips purses when Janis mentions diamond dust. I can't rightly say we have any, though I know Master Ochem has some gemstone he be keeping for trading purposes. You might be asking him. That pretty Ireena looks to be the lordly type, they usually carry such wealth." The man obviously does not know of Janis' birthright.

Bildrath looks the party over with unfriendly eyes when they enter the shop. I have no more nephews to give, so you best be buying. The man barks at the mention of scrolls. I carry what people use. No useless magics. Potions! Now those useful! You ask, I see what I have.

[Bildrath has a smattering of 1st and 2nd level potions, but they won't be cheap. Ask for specific ones, and he'll let you know what he has.]

James Heard

Explorer
Janis arches an unfriendly brow at the artificer's "lordly type" comment, but holds her tongue. After all, she had all but denounced her birthright except for its implicit responsibilities to the people around her when Cyre vanished in smoke and ruin.

And, she thought, it wasn't as if Ireena couldn't easily squeeze out diamonds from a few well placed lumps of coal with her natural charm and sunny disposition.

Stormwind

First Post
Whilst talking to Adalstan, Ashlyn comments to the others in the group, "Both the Remove curse and Lesser restoration scrolls would definitely be useful. Can anyone can use the fireball scroll?"

Across the road in the shop, Ashlyn asks Bildrath "I would also be looking for a scabbard for this blade, something simple and preferably done from leather. Would you have anything like that available?"

Once her business is done, Ashlyn waits for the others to finish, and she remains behind for a few moments after they leave. She looks almost hesitant as she speaks to Bildrath, however her tone is as brusk as ever, "Bildrath, What do you know of the death of Perriwimple's girlfriend? I think it's tied in to the creature that killed him and though I cannot bring him back, I can seek the demise of those behind all this. It is the least I can do for you."

[Diplomacy +10 (to try and get the story of what happened to Perriwimple's girlfriend out of Bildrath using the idea of revenge as the leverage)]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ashlyn said:
"Both the Remove Curse and Lesser Restoration scrolls would definitely be useful. Can anyone can use the Fireball scroll?"
"I would gather that Janis, Marot and Tessa might all be able to use it. Although with Marot leading the kill squad into combat, it'd fall to either Tessa or Janis. I do think we should take it though. If we can then afford the Curse and Restoration scrolls, those would be next to grab." He glances down at his belt, whereupon he carries a potion that he's had for quite a while but never used. "I know I already have a potion of light healing that I keep saving for a rainy day... but that day never seems to come. I either find I need to use more powerful magics immediately, or someone has a wand of healing that is brought out. So I do not know how useful those minor potions or scrolls will be. I would say to not use our credit to buy them unless someone really felt they needed it."

If the group is agreed, Jarrith will buy the scrolls of Remove Curse, Lesser Restoration and Fireball using whatever is left of their credit. If necessary, he'll pay whatever might be left with coin.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Jarrith secures the scrolls using the group's credit. I'll get to work on another one, the artificer mentions, handing over the remove curse scroll. [825gp from credit, leaving 2270gp]

Bildrath gives Ashlyn a sour look as he hands over the battered, unadorned scabbard---after extracting 5 gold coins for the cost. As she speaks of Perriwimple and his "girlfriend", the look gets darker, and more confused.

[Diplomacy check with circumstance penalties: Unfriendly]

First you get him killed, then you make up this fable! That boy barely had enough brains to move around. There hasn't been a single girl who'd look after him. Now out! Sully my name no more!

Stormwind

First Post
A confused look appears on Ashlyn's face, to be replaced by a thoughtful one as she apologizes to Bildrath, "I'm sorry for having disturbed you with this, it seems someone has been having fun at my expense. My apologies."

Remove ads