stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith leaves the artificers with the purchased items, and makes his way back to the inn to find the other members of the group. "Well we've got two chances to Remove Curse now... the scroll plus my own prayer. I would think it would make sense to casts both of these now. No reason to wait until anyone actually undergoes a transformation, is there?" He looks at Ashlyn and Tessa "Unless of course you might know better than I do about this sort of thing through your own religious studies?"

He looks at Sir Khensu, then looks back at Lady Ashlyn. "Of all of you who were bitten... I think it best is we start with you, m'Lady. If the... um... past..." he glances again quickly at his Lumin Brother, "is any indication... your special connection to your gods might be a bit more tenuous unless we eliminate the curse within you. We don't want that connection severed irevocably."

He sighs as he can easily see the pained look on the shifter's face, and Jarrith quickly tries to change the subject. "Other than that... I might also suggest that Ladreth might be the next one to try and cure, as we would need his strength to help us subdue the rest of you should you change later on tonight. I hate to have to be selective like this... but if we can't get to the ruins and back before the transformations occur... we will need as many strong bodies to keep you in control as possible."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I'm willing to use the scroll if we want to do that, and if I understand these things, I ought to be able to tell if it works- there should be some sense of release once the magic does its work." Tessa does not sound completely convinced, though- with the Flamic crusades, there were not a lot of lycanthropic case studies in her healer's training. Then again, she had thought that holy warriors like Khensu and Ashlyn were immune to such afflictions- and that knowledge was not so solid after what had apparently happened in town.

OOC: Tessa is willing to try the scroll-casting (and if we picked up the fireball scroll, she'll try that as well, if that is the plan).

James Heard

Explorer
"If you're willing then you should do so."

Janis pauses, considering.

"If something does go amiss, it would be worth considering pointing out to my more savage self where those more offensive than the merely near were. And to get the girl Ireenal indoors and under guard perhaps. Just in case."

"Aim my rage constructively, it's what my family once did to some limited success.

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn turns to Bildrath, and indicates the battered scabbard on his counter, "I will return with your money momentarily."

She then walks across to the inn and organizes the drawing of five gold pieces against her letter of credit from the caravan. Once this is done, she walks back across the street and pays Bildrath for the scabbard.

James Heard

Explorer
While the rest of the party goes shopping, Janis walks the streets of the village talking with people and listening to any grievances or concerns that she might pass along or aid in when she has returned with her bear. It would do them all some good to get used to the sight of the animal.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith gathers together Tessa, Ashlyn, and Ladreth while Janis is out and about walking the streets. He gives the scroll he bought to Tessa, and then he looks at the other two. "Before we begin, we should take a moment to examine both your bite marks to make sure they matched what mine looked like. As we only have two Remove Curse spells right now... Tessa's scrol and my own prayer... we want to make sure we use them on the right people." (Heal checks by everyone in the group who can to verify as near as possible that Ashlyn and Ladreth both have bite wounds that might cause lycanthropy)

When the four of them finish the examinations of each other, Jarrith looks at the halfork and smirks. "I certainly hope this works. I do not have any desire to see you transform tonight, sir." He then closes his eyes and begins his gathering of divine energy. (Assuming the examination shows Ladreth is infected, cast Remove Curse on him)

If/when he finishes, he looks to the young priestess and tilts his head. "Your turn, Tessa. Let's hope you can rid the taint within our Lady Paladin, eh?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
While there is faint sign of previous wounds, nothing strong like what was found on Jarrith is indicated on either Ashlyn or Ladreth.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Upon examination of the wounds, Jarrith raises his eyebrows. "Do you suppose this means you both are not actually infected with the curse of the wolf? Maybe we shouldn't use our spells on you just yet. Tessa, were you bitten by the wolves at all? What do your wounds look like? And anyone know about Janis?"

He points to the scroll in Tessa's hand. "The articifer said he originally was making that to hopefully cure the guard Vincent that is locked up in the Vine's basement. If we do not think we will need our two spells, I should go cast one over him instead. I am pretty sure he is indeed infected with the curse. What say you all?"

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I wasn't bitten," Tessa says after a moment's thought. "At least not today- and otherwise I would have changed when you did, if I'd been cursed in the first fight. I don't know about Janis... If she wasn't bitten, we ought to try to cure that other fellow- they may need everyone they can get while we're out tonight, especially if some of us don't come back."

Remove ads