stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

drothgery

First Post
stonegod said:
[Hawk-Janis has initiative. She is about 30 ft up in the air above the villager. The jogging Daellin is about a round and a half away at this time.]

If Daellin sees or hears the shot -- and he should still have the Hawkeye spell up -- he breaks into a full run to close.

Kafkonia

First Post
Stormwind said:
She then turns to Tessa and Perriwimple, "We need an empty wagon to transport the dead to the cemetary. Perriwimple, can you borrow one?"

Perriwimple looks at the ground. "I don't know," he says. "My uncle... he would be mad. I shouldn't have left. He'll yell."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Stara said:
"Vicktor and I... we had no children. I have no other family, and I would like to thank you for treating my husband so well, even in death. Please, if it will help protect you, take it."
Jarrith smiles appreciatingly at the offer of the necklace, however he gently shakes his head. "No, no... I would not dream of seperating an heir from her heirloom. Your Babcia seems a loving person, and loved you enough to pass it on. It deserves to stay within your family."

Jarrith reaches down and gently pulls his magical silver rapier out from it's scabbard. He then turns it to display the symbol of the Silver Flame on the pommel. "This is my charm. My protection from the diseases of the world. A blessing from the Flame and I can fight off the same sicknesses that you can. I need not take your necklace from you. Protect yourself in these times, Miss Stara... you have many decades ahead of you." He nods to her and then slides the weapon back onto his belt.

Jarrith kneels down and replaces the cover over her husband's head, then looks back up to her. "Would you like me to carry him? Take him with us? He deserves a proper burial if that be your wish. I can bring him to the church."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Wife

DEFCON 1 said:
"Would you like me to carry him? Take him with us? He deserves a proper burial if that be your wish. I can bring him to the church."
Stara takes back the locket, and communicates that she would like Viktor taken with the other bodies. Apparently, she had heard that the Burgomaster's daughter, Ireena, is arranging the handling of the bodies, though she does not know the details.

James Heard

Explorer
stonegod said:
Hawk-Janis thought she had been getting quite close to the source of the smell, when she detected another change in motion---down, and quickly. Just as she was going to investigate...

*TWANG*

The arrow was poorly shot, but it was clearly shot at her. Glaring down, she sees a villager with a bow and his dog. The smell is coming from down there now, though she cannot see a direct source. However, as the bowman takes aim again, she realizes she has other problems.

[Hawk-Janis has initiative. She is about 30 ft up in the air above the villager. The jogging Daellin is about a round and a half away at this time.]
Ignoring the bowman for the while, Janis circles up and around him in the direction that the scent appears to have been going, hoping to either find some traces of the trail or determine that he is the source.

OOC: Janis moves up 40 ft (to 70ft - past the range increment of a short bow) and then uses the rest of her movement (40 ft) to shift past and around the bowman
looking for traces of her quarry. What time of day is it?

pathfinderq1

First Post
stonegod said:
Ireena nods and sighs, following Ashlyn to the door. "I can ask, but on the Castle... No one goes there. Goes there an returns. My father spoke of many tales of foolish priests or knights that ventured there, trying to banish its evil. None survived. I Lord ir'Zarovich ventured there..." She does not finish. "I will ask about the others, but I do not know if I will hear more than you already have." She gazes out on the others in the square, a distant look on her face. "Danovich, Danovich was our only priest. We have none to give words to the dead."

Tessa had followed along, lingering almost in Ashlyn's shadow as the paladin spoke with Ireena. She was no negotiator herself, and while she wanted to help she did not know quite where to start- she was content at first to simply be away from Mateush. But as the townswoman continued to speak, Tessa saw one route she could take towards helping...

She looked carefully at Ireena, then made one sidelong glance at Ashlyn, pausing only the briefest of moments. She cleared her throat gently, then spoke in a quiet voice. "I am a priestess, and while I do not know the rites that your folk use, the powers that I serve would certainly not begrudge you any comfort that I might be able to offer. I would be willing to perform whatever services you feel would be appropriate- I have performed more funeral rites than I care to remember, and I know first-hand how much even a few kind words of closure can do in such troubled times. And perhaps some of the other travlers in our group could be persuaded to say the words of their faith as well..."

stonegod

The Daughter's Request

At Tessa's word, Ireena smiles. She looks over the square again, watching Arik and a few young men he rounded up start to unload food from cart containing the Kolyana larder. "The true Blood runs through us. It sustains us, and we make ourselves worthy of it and of those that Overwatch. Any words will comfort us at this time." She turns inward again, to Ashlyn and Tessa, though her words seem initially for Perriwimple. "You may use our cart and I will speak to Bildrath personally about another. I will not be refused in this. I will try to wrangle up some youths to help with the digging of the hole for the pyre, though your other companions will needed to help as well if we are to get this done soon." She smiles once again. "If there is anything else you need of me, let me know. Otherwise, there is more work to be done before darkness settles."

stonegod

The Chase

Daellin, coming around a corner of a burned out building, villagers still sorting though the mess, spots the feathered form that could only be Janis ahead. The late afternoon sunlight is diffused by the clinging mist, but he still catches the brief glint and streak of an arrow streak past her. The ranger curses internally, and sprints has fast as he can, dodging around corners and other debris still in the street.

Hawk-Janis climbs steadily, hunting for the scent of her prey. It quickly becomes apparent, even as she circles around, that it made a dive for the ground. She it too high currently to catch any strong scent from up here.

The farmer take another shot with his bow, and while this one was closer, it is still far from the mark. The dog barks in a frenzy.

[If it was a straight line, Daellin could run no problem, but its only straight as the hawk-beast flies. One move action next round will get Daellin on the scene; he will have a standard action remaing. It is late afternoon, but the sun is not setting yet. Scent can only detect smells within 30 ft., and Janis has flown away from the trail.]

James Heard

Explorer
Janis screams in frustration, wheels around and dives toward the bowman - aiming her narrow hawk-form through at the last moment toward the aggressive animal beside him and then hopefully past the two landbound creatures upwards again out of range of pitchforks and whatever other nonsense the farmer brings to bear.

OOC: Yes, I know it's mechanically unsound, but what the hell...Janis will try an overrun against the dog. While she's down there though, she'll take a sniff of the dog...which honestly sounds more gruesome than anything else Janis has faced in the adventure to date. :)

Remove ads