stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

ethandrew

First Post
Ladreth is definitely better off with +1 Greatsword and +1 Longbow. So he'll use the sword from the Group's cache and we'll see what we can do about enchanting the bow.

One question, when last left Ladreth was 6th Level. I'm assuming, since I haven't seen otherwise, that this will remain the same?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot really has no use for an enchantment on his mace, as he rarely uses it, so it would be a waste of group funds.

I think he would be interested in a few scrolls however, with interest in spells such as Death Ward, Restoration, etc, etc... A wand would be lovely as well, but probably too $$.

How much is left on our Letter of credit? Do we know what % of value we get for trade in of magical items as well?

It also would be nice if we had a method of dealing with things in gaseous form... Too bad Gust of Wind doesn't have any adverse affects on things. Wind Wall would serve as a barrier, but must be vertical in orientation, so although you could form it into a cylinder, the top and bottom would still be open...

Last edited:

Stormwind

First Post
We currently have 2270gp left on our letter of credit, plus another 373gp from Ashlyn's, plus 100gp cash, plus 25 platnium (although Ashlyn probably needs the platnium for the sunsword ritual).

Thus we have a total of 2743gp funds available before we start selling stuff.

Currently we don't know what money we can get for selling the extra gear (but I would guess, somewhere around 11,000-12,000gp), which even with our projected expenses should be sufficient to cover everything currently.

@s@squ@tch: I'll add in Death ward and Restoration to the requested scrolls. I'm not sure if we can get wands or not. Probably something we should ask in character ...

@ethandrew: ok ... I'll mark off the greatsword, and add the longbow enchantment to the list. With regards to level - I would assume so, but that's stonegod's call.

renau1g

First Post
Well Ravika can handle any curative wands the group wants to buy, or scrolls. Particularly a greater restoration or raise dead/resurrection scroll might be handy.

Stormwind

First Post
We need to check with stonegod (whilst IC) as to whether or not the caravan's artificiers can make wands. Since nothing has been mentioned yet, I suspect not .... but you never know.

With regards to obtain a scroll of raise dead ... that would cost 5,000gp just for the diamonds, to which we would have to add the cost of the scroll. Likewise a scroll of resurection would cost 10,000gp just for the diamonds ... and we just can't afford that much, even if we could obtain that much diamonds ....

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
No wands. They don't have the ability, and any wand not 1st would take too long anyway.

Stormwind is right about the cost for the scrolls. A bit pricey at this level (and also will take too long—1 day per 1k gp.

Ladreth & Marot are exactly at the XP they were when they left.

The bracers are not armor; the druid restriction doesn't apply (druids can use metal weapons, after all).

Khensu is fine w/ the group. Things are going to get (even more) serious; I expect some near/true casualties. Just saying. :devil:

Got back from travel and work caught up. I swear there will be a post soon. Really. Weekend likely at this point.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OK, so Marot is either at 33009 xp or 33609 xp, depends upon whether he gets the 600 xp from the Swamp Fane battle with the blood eels, as he was there, but was an npc.

Death Ward and Restoration would cost 700 gp and 800 gp, respectively, so they would take less than 1 day, correct? So they could still be viable, as they are not as costly as Raise Dead, etc.

Stormwind

First Post
@s@squ@tch: Yep, Scrolls of Death ward and Restoration are both viable and I have added them to the list.

stonegod said:
The bracers are not armor; the druid restriction doesn't apply (druids can use metal weapons, after all).
Cool, So Ravika can use the Iron bracers then.
@renau1g: feel free to add 'Iron bracers of armour +2 (Group gear)[1 lbs][4000 gp]' to your gear ... I'll mark it down as being used by you in the group quipment.

Stormwind

First Post
Ok ... posting the updated summary of activities for the next three days ... everyone please look through and let me know if there is anything that needs correcting.

Sell the following stuff:[sblock=Group gear (to sell)]
  • Group gear
    - Masterwork composite (+2) longbow x4 [3 lbs ea.][300 gp ea.]
    - light crossbow x4 [4 lbs ea.][35 gp ea.]
    - bolts x20 [2 lbs][2 gp]
    - Masterwork greatsword x4 [8 lbs ea.][350 gp ea.]
    - +1 unholy mace [8 lbs]
    - +1 dagger [1 lbs][2302 gp]
    - dagger x2 [1 lbs ea.][2 gp ea.]
    - Elixir of Vision [- lbs][250 gp]
    - Silver nibbed pen
    - Set of gem studded gold cufflinks
  • Jarrith's gear
    - +1 mithril chain shirt [13 lbs][2250 gp]
  • Khensu's gear
    - +1 greataxe [12 lbs][2320 gp]
  • Avron's gear
    - +1 breastplate [30 lbs][1350 gp]
[/sblock]
And our plans for utilizing the crafting services of the caravans artificers:[sblock=Plans for the next 3 days]
  • Artificier (+2 Arms and Armor)
    [Day 1] - Add ghost touch or undead bane to one of Jarrith's rapier's
    [Day 2] - Add ghost touch or undead bane to one of Jarrith's rapier's
    [Day 3] - Add ghost touch or undead bane to one of Jarrith's rapier's
    _
  • Artificier (+1 Arms and Armor)
    [Day 1] - Resize the armor for Khensu (840gp)
    [Day 2] - Enchant Ladreth's composite longbow to a +1 weapon
    [Day 3] -
    _
  • Artificier (Scrolls)
    [Day 1] - Restoration(CL 7)
    [Day 2] - Halt undead(CL 5)
    [Day 3] - Death ward(CL 7)

I suggest that we also order (we can pick it up later): Scroll of Knock(CL 3)
[/sblock]
And Ashlyn's plans:[sblock=Ashlyn]
  • Ashlyn
    [Day 1]
    • Shopping (Sale of group equipment)
    • Shopping (purchase of materials for Ritual - use up Ashlyn's credit first [373gp])
    • Binding ritual for Symbol of ravenkind (requires 1500gp of materials)
    [Day 2] - Trip to the church to look for ingredients to absorb/prevent taint
    [Day 3] -
[/sblock]

And finally Avron's plans for learning spells:[sblock=Avron's plans]
  • Avron (Scribing)
    [Day 1] - Copy spell Locate object into prayerbook from scroll [300gp and spellcraft DC 18]
    [Day 2] - Copy spell Remove disease into prayerbook from scroll [300gp and spellcraft DC 18]
    [Day 3] - Copy spell Restoration into prayerbook from scroll [400gp and spellcraft DC 19] (Only if diamond dust is available)

Available spells for Avron to learn are (including the spells from the group scrolls that Tessa is carrying):
    1st: comprehend languages, endure elements
    2nd: augury, dark way, divine insight, find traps, gentle repose, healing lorecall, zone of truth
    3rd: invisibility purge, locate object, remove disease, water breathing
    4th: restoration
    5th: break enchantment
[/sblock]

By my calculations we might be cutting things very fine with our spending. We might even have overspent. It depends entirely on how good our bargaining skills are and how well we do with selling stuff. Thus, if we have overspent, I would like people to consider what we sell to make up the difference, or what we might drop from the above list (for now).

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Cool, So Ravika can use the Iron bracers then.
@renau1g: feel free to add 'Iron bracers of armour +2 (Group gear)[1 lbs][4000 gp]' to your gear ... I'll mark it down as being used by you in the group quipment.

Thanks! Quick question to the more experienced people, does the armour bonus generated by this item protect against touch attacks like the mage armour spell?

Remove ads