• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

Stormwind

First Post
Unless somebody really needs the cash, Avron wears a breastplate(currently +1). He would greatly benefit from the other. If we have diamond dust I'll probably go with: restoration, remove disease, and a third one unchosen(thoughts?). If no diamond dust then, locate object.
As far as Khensu's old breastplate goes, that's up to DEFCON to make a call on that.

Regarding the third spell for Avron to learn ... if we can get a scroll of halt undead made by the caravan's artificiers, then I would recommend that Avron learn that since that would give us some nice battlefield control options.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'm okay with just using the regular +2 chain shirt, rather than improving my mithril shirt to +2. It's just some skills that get affective because of the Armor Check penalty, but I can suck that up. If we have artificers available to work, it'd probably be better to get them working on improving other stuff.

Khensu will get the full plate refitted and pay the cost, and I'm all right with passing the breastplate off to Avron if that'd help him. Stormwind, you can just add whatever moneys Jarrith and Khensu receive into the general pool, I don't need any personal letters of credit. If I did, that'd mean I'd have to keep track of money, and I'm quite happy to let you do all of that. :)

If we are going to wait the three days (which I believe we should), then I would go along with the idea of improving some of our weapons. I'd be quite okay to get a ghost touch or undead bane placed on one of my rapiers (although I wonder if that would make them too high in plusses that the artificiers would be able to do it?) If we can, then great. I say we go for it. I'd do at least one of Jarrith's two rapiers first and foremost (Khensu is fine with just a +2 weapon).

Finally... as far as where to do the binding... the crosswords could work, or we can also go back to the farmhouse we stayed at a couple nights ago. Either one is fine with me, and I agree that doing it mid-day is probably best.

pathfinderq1

First Post
So, at what point does the Sense Motive failure "expire"? Especially if Tessa realizes that Khensu just handed off one of our Haversacks (rather than a simple pack with blankets) she is likely to be just a bit suspicious, even if she doesn't know all the townsfolk.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
So, at what point does the Sense Motive failure "expire"? Especially if Tessa realizes that Khensu just handed off one of our Haversacks (rather than a simple pack with blankets) she is likely to be just a bit suspicious, even if she doesn't know all the townsfolk.
Tessa can feel free to act as she fits, and she certainly has new information that could garner another check if she so wished (as you pointed out).

Stormwind

First Post
@stonegod: Bront was right ... you be evil ... just what we like to see in a DM ;)

@All: okay, here's the updated list of stuff to sell.
@Evolution: Since Khensu's +2 flametouched iron breastplate is going to Avron, I assume that he will want to sell his old +1 breastplate. Do you want to subsume the money from the sale of your old breastplate into the group funds or do you want a separate letter of credit?
[sblock=Group gear (to sell)]
  • Group gear
    - Masterwork composite (+2) longbow x4 [3 lbs ea.][300 gp ea.]
    - light crossbow x4 [4 lbs ea.][35 gp ea.]
    - bolts x20 [2 lbs][2 gp]
    - Masterwork greatsword x4 [8 lbs ea.][350 gp ea.]
    - +1 ancient greatsword [8 lbs]
    - +1 unholy mace [8 lbs]
    - +1 dagger [1 lbs][2302 gp]
    - dagger x2 [1 lbs ea.][2 gp ea.]
    - Iron bracers of armour +2 [1 lbs][4000 gp]
    - Elixir of Vision [- lbs][250 gp]
    - Silver nibbed pen
    - Set of gem studded gold cufflinks
  • Jarrith's gear
    - +1 mithril chain shirt [13 lbs][2250 gp]
  • Khensu's gear
    - +1 greataxe [12 lbs][2320 gp]
  • Avron's gear
    - +1 breastplate [30 lbs][1350 gp]
[/sblock]

Stormwind

First Post
And once again stonegod lives up to his reputation :devil:. Well that solves the question of when to combine the three relics ... not before we retrieve the haversack (and the relic) from the castle. It's a good thing that we have access to the locate object spell - avron should definitely learn it now as we will need it to find the relic (and Khensu's haversack) which might well be in separate places by now.

This does raise the point that we can no longer assume that any place is safe and we should treat even the village as potentially hostile territory as tonights escapades have shown.

Well, at least now we are in no particular hurry to get things done and can prepare and recover a little better whilst in town.

Stormwind

First Post
ok ... here's a synopsis of our plans for the next three days:

Sell the following stuff:[sblock=Group gear (to sell)]
  • Group gear
    - Masterwork composite (+2) longbow x4 [3 lbs ea.][300 gp ea.]
    - light crossbow x4 [4 lbs ea.][35 gp ea.]
    - bolts x20 [2 lbs][2 gp]
    - Masterwork greatsword x4 [8 lbs ea.][350 gp ea.]
    - +1 unholy mace [8 lbs]
    - +1 dagger [1 lbs][2302 gp]
    - dagger x2 [1 lbs ea.][2 gp ea.]
    - Iron bracers of armour +2 [1 lbs][4000 gp]
    - Elixir of Vision [- lbs][250 gp]
    - Silver nibbed pen
    - Set of gem studded gold cufflinks
  • Jarrith's gear
    - +1 mithril chain shirt [13 lbs][2250 gp]
  • Khensu's gear
    - +1 greataxe [12 lbs][2320 gp]
  • Avron's gear
    - +1 breastplate [30 lbs][1350 gp]
[/sblock]
And our plans for utilizing the crafting services of the caravans artificers:[sblock=Plans for the next 3 days]
  • Artificier (+2 Arms and Armor)
    [Day 1] - Add ghost touch or undead bane to one of Jarrith's rapier's
    [Day 2] - Add ghost touch or undead bane to one of Jarrith's rapier's
    [Day 3] - Add ghost touch or undead bane to one of Jarrith's rapier's
    _
  • Artificier (+1 Arms and Armor)
    [Day 1] - Resize the armor for Khensu (840gp)
    [Day 2] - Enchant Ladreth's composite longbow to a +1 weapon
    [Day 3] -
    _
  • Artificier (Scrolls)
    [Day 1] - Knock
    [Day 2] - Halt undead
    [Day 3] - either Death ward or Restoration

As far as which scrolls we might want to request, my suggestion would be to request the following (if we can get them):
    1st:
    2nd: Knock
    3rd: Halt undead
    4th: Death ward, Restoration
    If the number of undead that we have fought thus far is any indication then Halt undead should be extraordinarily useful, especially if Avron can learn it. I figure Knock might be useful if we come across a locked door in the castle that we need to get past.
[/sblock]
And Ashlyn's plans:[sblock=Ashlyn's plans]
  • Ashlyn (Rituals)
    Day 1 - Shopping, Binding ritual for Symbol of ravenkind (1500gp)
    Day 2 - Trip to the church to look for ingredients to absorb/prevent taint
    Day 3 -
[/sblock]

And finally Avron's plans for learning spells:[sblock=Avron's plans]
  • Avron (Scribing)
    Day 1 - Copy spell Locate object into prayerbook from scroll [300gp and spellcraft DC 18]
    Day 2 - Copy spell Remove disease into prayerbook from scroll [300gp and spellcraft DC 18]
    Day 3 - Copy spell Restoration into prayerbook from scroll [400gp and spellcraft DC 19]

where spells are one of (including the spells from the group scrolls that Tessa is carrying):
    1st: comprehend languages, endure elements
    2nd: augury, dark way, divine insight, find traps, gentle repose, healing lorecall, zone of truth
    3rd: invisibility purge, locate object, remove disease, water breathing
    4th: restoration
    5th: break enchantment
[/sblock]

So that leaves us with a few questions (for us):
- What scrolls (if any) do we want to order?
- Does anyone need any plain +1 enchants for weapons or for armor?

And a few questions (for stonegod):
- What scrolls/spells are available?
- Is diamond dust available (Tessa need to ask Irena or Mateuse)?
- Can Ashlyn do the ritual for the sunsword yet (are the materials for it available - did it need platnium, or something else?)?
- Is the caravan artificer (the +2 arms and amour one) able to do either the ghost touch or the undead bane enchantment?

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
And a few questions (for stonegod):
- What scrolls/spells are available?
- Is diamond dust available (Tessa needs to ask Irena or Mateusz)?
- Can Ashlyn do the ritual for the sunsword yet (are the materials for it available - did it need platinum, or something else?)?
- Is the caravan artificer (the +2 arms and amour one) able to do either the ghost touch or the undead bane enchantment?
I'll answer all questions about shopping when the group asks the relevant people (because there are no simple answers :)), but I can answer one now: According to what Madam Eva said:
In the tent light, the scales of the gold dragon seem to sparkle with a luminance of their own. Her eyes open once again, Madam Eva stares intently at Ashlyn. "To wake it, bring it to where the light lies dead, slain by the darkness that shrouds the castle." Before Ashlyn can speak, Madam Eva places a finger over her cracked lips. "Quiet, pet, we are not done." The seer's hands then hover of the golden dragon, as if gathering the reflected light. "Seek the tomb of the fallen prince in the deepest recesses of the castle. Only there can the blade be awoken."
You'll need some platinum at the minimum.

Stormwind

First Post
[Boy, does that man talk! Not very friendly either. ;) Ask anything else you expect Mateusz might answer; otherwise, let me know what our plans are for the rest of the eve. I'll assume that you'll folks want to take some time to rest/craft/shop/etc. before dealing with the now missing relics. Let me know if I'm wrong.]
Sounds good to me.
Ashlyn would also like to make a trip to the church as time allows in order to search for herbs and so forth (stuff to counter/prevent taint).

I think most of the information for our plans for the next three days is in my post above. I have filled in the three spells that Avron is planning on learning (although restoration is dependant on us finding diamond dust).

Remove ads