• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change [IC]

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn looks at Etherial. "What is this Ivory Brotherhood? And yes, I did receive a letter. Did all of us?" She glances around at the rest of the strange party.

silentspace

First Post
The sun's rays stream through some large trees you pass by, casting dappled shadows on the ground. Ahead of you, the last caravan driver turns around. She is a pretty human woman in her twenties. "Umm, sorry to bother you guys! My name's Mirena. I can see you're new, so feel free to ask me any questions. Usually the best spotter in the rear guard will sit on the back of the last wagon, to keep anyone from sneaking up on us from the rear. You can tie your mount to the wagon so you can get to it quickly if you want. You know, usually the least experienced driver is in the last wagon, but Mr. Glendrake wants me to be here now! I've been a caravan driver for over five years!" She casts her eyes downward as she continues, "Ever since my family was slain by that orc raiding party." She looks at Zanock a little apprehensively.

There's only room for one in the back of the wagon.

Thels

First Post
"Wasn't there, so it wasn't Zanock." he points out absent of emotion or interest. "Zanock is heavy. The wagon might hold better than the horse."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Etherial reacts strangely to Rowyn's comment. The Ivory Brotherhood is a conclave of Spiritualist Magi. I am one of thier members. It is interesting that we both recieved this letter. Prehaps we should ask the others.

silentspace

First Post
Your conversation is interrupted as you notice the front guard start talking excitedly and Darien racing towards you. "There's a raiding party of nine hobgoblins retreating to the right! Quickly now! Let's get them!"

The hobgoblins were 420 feet away when Darien spotted them. They were retreating at a double move rate. It took Darien's horse two rounds at a full run to get to the rear of the caravan. The hobgoblins are now 540 feet away.

Darien takes off with his horse at a full run, moving 200 feet/round, drawing his bow and firing. From the look of distaste on his face, you think he missed. Once Darien fires, you see one of the caravan drivers fire his heavy crossbow as well. (the only one who spotted the hobgoblins).

Even with Darien pointing and firing, Zanock is the only one who actually sees the hobgoblins. Zanock sees Darien and the driver miss, and also sees the hobgoblins start running at full speed away from Darien.

As you give chase, Darien says (out of earshot of the caravan) "I don't want them to let their kin know I'm back! I'm known as an enemy of their kind!"

Please post how much you or your mount are loaded, and the speed you give chase at. The rest of Darien's guard remains with the caravan.

Initiative
19 Dunathar
16 Rowyn
11 Zanock
11 Darien
10 Driver (originally 14 initiative)
10 Etherial
5 Alan
5 Hobgoblins
4 Bert

Thels

First Post
silentspace said:
Even with Darien pointing and firing, Zanock is the only one who actually sees the hobgoblins.

OOC: You gotta be kidding me! Zanock has a -3 Spot modifier :p My run speed is 120. Mounted, I would be at a speed of 120 as well.

Not mounted, Zanock will run headlong for the hobgoblins, meanwhile swinging his sword in both hands, yelling: "RAAAAHHHH! Zanock will protect caravan!"

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

silentspace said:
Initiative
4 Bert
silentspace said:
OOC I know. Bert has +3 initiative too
[OOC : It doesn't start well ;)]

Not too sure about the wisdom of Darien wild rush, Bert will follow his lead but more slowly, readying his crossbow and buckler at the same time.

OOC : Ride +3. His riding dog does a double-move (80 ft.). Bert uses 2 move actions to draw his crossbow and to put his buckler on his arm.

Edit : Typo...

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Dunathar seems confused. Usually hobgoblins don´t retreat when they see a caravan. And they are smart. Not geniuses, but smart.

A thought crosses his mind...

...that he coud be run over by the horses if he lets the horse gallop with him precariously grabbing its hair and trying to draw a weapon. So he stays next to the caravan and starts drawing and loading the crossbow.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads