• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change [IC]

Verbatim

Explorer
mpickett81 said:
Adromon places the set of leather barding beside Narthail. He will secure it in the morning. He gives his horse a feedbag and secures him to the side of one of the wagons. Adromon then looks at the bodies of the slain bandits lying near the camp. Addressing the group, he says,"We should do something about these. It would be...improper to leave them here overnight. And who knows what predators they may attract."

~Let the crows have them...it is what the black hearts would have done to us...~

Looking over at the man, Dunathar approaches with a dour look on his face.

"If ye think the bastards deserve any favors now that they have gotten what they deserve, then ye're dead wrong, but if you're gonna do it anyway, then I'll help where I can."

Having spoken his mind, Dunathar waits to see what the others think.

Last edited:

Dimwhit

Explorer
Aronai will help Rowyn move Sabala, making sure the dog is comfortable for the night's rest. If there are any horses that have not been dealt with, he will gather them up, tie them to a tree, and perform some light grooming, making sure they are not hurt. He isn't going to put any barding on his horse, though. That's for warriors who fight on horseback. But he'll gather the horses and related supplies.

If others in the party offer to help, he will bury the dead bandits, unless the other bandits prefer to take the bodies with them.

OOC: Sorry for the infrequent posts. I started a new job that is keeping me very busy. But I'm still in. Also, silentspace, I'm not sure how you handle it, but I'm going to change my spell selection for the next day. I'll just wait until the first post I see for the next morning, then go in and change my info. Sound good?

Thels

First Post
When the Elven women walked away, Zanock kneels down als tries to meet eye to eye with the bandit. "Appearantly you understood me earlier. Look over there. Do you see that guy in the heavy armor? That's Daniel, our supposed leader. He wants you alive so far. But you know what? I don't care what he says. Listen carefully, those elves are my friends. You are not. If you either insult them again or annoy me again, you die." Zanock stands up and walks away.

Zanock favors night hours, like last time. He'll circle the camp on horse.

Last edited:

mpickett81

First Post
Adromon, human psychic warrior 3

Verbatim said:
"If ye think the bastards deserve any favors now that they have gotten what they deserve, then ye're dead wrong, but if you're gonna do it anyway, then I'll help where I can."

Adromon shoots Dunathar a cold look, but he doesn't speak. Getting into an argument with his new companions would not be very productive. "Foolish dwarf," Adromon thinks, "Those bodies are bound to attract wolves or worse... and only a barbarian would make camp with slain enemies lying about." Adromon then looks for a shovel among the gear in the wagons. Assuming he finds one, he begins to take the bodies about 150 yards from the camp and looks for a suitable place to bury them. He does not ask for assistance, but he will accept it.

[OOC: I edited the post just to fix some grammar]

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

Bert takes pity in the poor wounded dog and he offers to Rowyn some healing for Sabala. (OOC: If she accepts, Bert wil cast 2 cure minor wounds on the riding dog)

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita Sparrow

Manzanita takes a look around the camp area to see if there is much dry wood, if so, she will suggest burning instead of burying the bodies. She'll help either way, though she's careful not to touch the bodies of the dead.

silentspace

First Post
Zanock and Dunathar’s comments seem to have an effect on the bandits. The spellcaster, who is gagged, settles back. The other bandit, who is not gagged, opens his mouth to say something, but then thinks better of it.

silentspace

First Post
The mad flurry of activity slowly dies down. Things had been quite busy with the setting up of camp, the centaurs, the humans and their attack on the centaurs, the panicking horses, the defeat of the humans, the arrival of the guards from below, the dwarves, and the appearance of Alyssa and Adromon.

Things start to settle down as Darien's guards, the dwarves, and the centaurs leave. The drivers finish up their tasks and seat themselves on their wagons. The bandits are pulled into the caravan circle, as is Sabala. Adromon, Aronai, Rowyn and Manzanita decide to bury the dead bandits. Unfortunately it had rained all day, otherwise Manzanita would have suggested burning them instead.

The four gravediggers find shovels and head towards the east, away from the Trade Road, to find a suitable burial spot.

Meanwhile the others start their watch. The rear guard will be watching until midnight while the front guard rests. Then they will trade places. The caravan stop is broad (200’x200’), with the well in the center. The caravan is set up in a semi-circle in the southern half of it.

Alyssa, Filbert and Dunathar head out to keep watch, but don’t go very far. They hang out near the wagons, on foot, with their mounts next to them. Zanock, Devan, Etherial and Alan mount their horses and circle a little further out, hoping to spot any intruders early.

The sun is low in the sky, but there are still a couple hours of daylight left.

Remove ads