• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change [IC]

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn refuses Bert's offer, saying, "I think she'll be okay when she wakes, but if she isn't, I'll let you know." She follows the others out to help bury the bodies.

In response to Manzanita's comment, Rowyn will nod and start back toward the camp [double move for 80'].

silentspace

First Post
The hawk lifts into the air again, flying south. It is clutching a bunch of arrows in it’s claws. It’s moving fast, heading towards the cliff.

Manzanita

First Post
Manzanita

"That's a bad sign. That hawk is almost certainly bringing word of those bandits' deaths. We must be very wary tonight. Let me enter my trance now, so I'll be prepared to learn my battle spells." Manzanita will retire to close to a wagon, inside the circle, near her horse.

mpickett81

First Post
Adromon, human psychic warrior 1

Manzanita said:
"That's a bad sign. That hawk is almost certainly bringing word of those bandits' deaths. We must be very wary tonight. Let me enter my trance now, so I'll be prepared to learn my battle spells."
"If that's the case, we should be doing our best to stop it." If Adromon is within 180' of the hawk, he will draw his shortbow and fire at it [+2 attack, 1d6 dam, 60' increment]. Otherwise, he will make his way back to the camp, hoping a more skilled archer will try his or her luck.

Seonaid

Explorer
Rowyn shrugs and slows for the rest of the walk back to the camp. I can't do anything about it, so why worry now? she asks herself as she follows the rest of the group (who are probably far ahead of her).

Chaos Apostate

First Post
That wasn't the behaviour of a normal bird. Something's very wrong with this.

Alyssa shoots the bird as soon as she can after seeing it take off with the arrows. (Attack bonus with the longbow is +6, minus whatever the range modifier is by the time she can get a shot off, damage 1d8)

GPEKO

First Post
Bert

"An hawk archer ? That's new." Filbert says with a laugh. He doesn't understand why the others are trying to bring it down but he doesn't try to stop them. Perhaps there will be more trouble however, so he keeps his crossbow at hand.

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Adromon, Alyssa and Devan (autopilot) shoot their bows at the escaping hawk. Adromon’s arrow flies wide. Devan’s arrow comes within inches of the hawk’s wing. Alyssa’s arrow hits, the arrow sinking into the hawk’s back, injuring it badly. The hawk staggers, but manages to keep flying. It flies over the edge of the cliff and drops down, out of sight.

Remove ads